1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU FR X-17 @ Sepang - Sunday 03Dec17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-17
  1. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +751
    Thanks for letting us know

2. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +891
    can i sign please

3. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +751
    You're in mate :thumbsup:

4. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +891
    scratch that @Steve Le Gallez sign me out. i need to practice and this soon before the race is too late in the day!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +945
    My annoyance right now is beyond description. Hours of practice to get me eighth on the leaderboard. Due to probably a simple error between two bits of software u******** believable. I am so f****** pissed off.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:poop:

PS: Oh well can't do nothing about it now. On to the next.:)
    Well done to the podiums well done all. See you in the next one.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 6
  6. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +891
    crashdump?? bane of my life??

7. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +468
    Hit twice in the rear ..around lap 6 and 12 ..took to much damage in second collision ..hence gave up ...

congrads to the podiums ..see you all on Thursday :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 5
  8. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +945
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I do wish people would be more careful. Good luck on the next one my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +918
    fun to watch :whistling:

10. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +945
    Usually yes, but not so much on this one. As I feel like I probably had a good chance of getting a podium, even if I say so myself.:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Abbie

Abbie
    Turn 3 Motorsport Graphical Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    • Like Like x 5
  12. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +222
    Great race @Abbie! I was definitely out witted on the final lap!

I thought it was really interesting because we were on different strategies. I took soft tyres and 20 litres of fuel for the first stint and seemed to have more pace, but kept making mistakes. I then took medium tyres and 20 litres of fuel at the pitstop and I think after your stop there was 10 seconds between us which may have been the extra time to take fuel on board (and the fact I nearly crashed on pit entry :redface:). That left us both on mediums and probably similar fuel load for the last stint and if it wasn't for your excursion I'd never have closed that gap.

Thanks for livening up the last 10 minutes or so and congrats :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Thanks for the race everyone!

Rather uneventful for me apart from one slight collision with a spun car close to the end, but it seems there were plenty of good battles going on throughout the field. Went for S/S, stretching my first stint to the absolut maximum. Front tyres were under 5% when I pitted after 25mins.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Abbie

Abbie
    Turn 3 Motorsport Graphical Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Medium, medium worked a treat for me. But as you say your pit entry seperated us. You closed the gap down by about 2 seconds before the grass pulled me off the circuit. Got back on and a heated battle.

I may have let you through going onto the last lap so I would have the last bite of DRS... :whistling: Great battles all throughout the race :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  15. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Phew, that was a difficult one! My low downforce setup was not working at all in a race distance and I also forgot that we have a completely free tyre choice so I went with soft-medium. Then I realized Matt is probably going for soft-soft (edit: it was medium-soft actually) so I was pushing like hell at the beginning of my second stint to build the gap before he pits. But luckily his pace advantage slowly vanished and I managed to finish in 2nd. Congrats to all!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +222
    That was a great (and brave!) decision on the last lap! I honestly thought I had it until you came flying past with the wing open and then I realised I’d been duped :D Thanks again for the clean and close racing! It’s battles like that that keep me coming back for more!

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Yeah you were losing quite a bit through turns 5-8, I could gain about 1s on you there. Don't think I would've stood a chance against you on the straights if you had been close enough in the opening laps. What wings were you running if I may ask?

18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,196
    Ah that explains the echo, it was quite disturbing to hear things repeating about 10 seconds later.

19. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    I think I was running with 12-10. But you were faster anyway, so a higher downforce setup would have made no difference.:)

• Love Love x 1
  20. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    I wouldn't say that. You didn't lose that much time on the mediums, and I gained more time being able to blast through the corners than you could make up on the straights.

• Like Like x 1