EU FR X-17 @ Red Bull Ring - Sun 10 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Jan 31, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 10-02-19
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,735
    I don't expect much of a race for me looking at the grid, but who knows, so I'll tag along if I may, thank you.

BTW I will likely be using my new Windows install to test things, so I might run into various technical issues (I hope not, but you never know).

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +344
    If anyone is interested, I can stream this event starting with about 2 minutes left in qualifying.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,103
    numbers are low...i will volunteer myself

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. CarlosB

CarlosB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    Me too. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,402
    Could be me but I'm not seeing any tyre wear. Just after writing that sentence I see in the lobby that tyre wear is off probably from that race with the hill climbers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +381
    Just ran a twenty lap tire check and thought WOW I am good. :(

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,044
    All in guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,610
    Server is up. Tyre wear set to Normal. I wont be racing tonight.

9. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +208
    These are not my cup of tea so I will just watch. have fun guys and good luck :)

10. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +216
    Sorry, I couldn't make it

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +208
    That was awesome to watch guys! Way more action then whole F1 season and cheaper then SKY Sports :thumbsup:
    Congrats to @DucMan888 and podium winners :)

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,585
    slow and steady wins p2 :confused: turtling've been good for me on red bull, 3x p2

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,735
    And my PC crashed while I was talking on TS after the race, so apologies for suddenly disappearing. (Yay, new installs, new issues that weren't there previously to solve...)

Also sorry for my snark regarding the phone thing, but as several people went "the phone?", I just assumed you're just joking, so went with it...only to realize at least some of you were seriously asking about it :redface: I'll post more about it soon.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,402
    Fun fun fun.
    Well done to the podium finishes nice consistency gets the monkey.
    A small field of drivers not a popular car I guess.
    Which is a shame as I would like to see them more often.
    Nice driving @Steve Le Gallez it was a pity about your first spin, second and third. :DProbably the same amount as me cos I know for certain I went off the track 3 times. :(Not to mention numerous other mistakes.:confused: A four wheel disaster, but still fun.:D
    One more thing Paul @kamackeris stop quitting it's a bad habit. Just say:poop: and get on with it there's a good chap.:thumbsup::). I could go on but you're not going to improve on your mistakes if you're going to accept them and quit. I am not having a go. I just rather have you in until the end of the race.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway thanks for the racing see you on the next one well not the next one.:whistling:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,585
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 6
  16. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +381
    Thank you @Piotr Dul and thanks to all for participating and competing to the end. I like all the Sunday races and look forward to the next.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,735
    BTW, regarding the radar and my "setup", this is what I generally use these days:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's just a quick dashboard I put together in SimHub, which uses the Radar widget for SimHub. You can even use it as an overlay on your main screen, SimHub offers this functionality, but you have to run the game in windowed mode or borderless window, which usually (at least for me) adds some input delay, so I mostly use my phone for this.

The upside to this is that thanks to SimHub, it is basically game independent, so as long as SimHub supports the game, you'll get the radar working (so I use it in rF2 as well). The downside (if using as an overlay) is that the radar does not fade away when there are no cars near you like Helicorsa or Helimobilista do, which can probably be distracting to some (though I do not really mind, I can "tune out" UI elements fairly well while racing). I'm guessing such functionality could be added to it, but I didn't really look into it, provided I would even be able to do it with my very limited coding skills. But somebody else likely could.

BTW you don't need any special software to use SimHub on your phone, it runs in a regular internet browser and gets data over the wifi from your PC.

And I know that it's an unrealistic crutch and I shouldn't really be using it, but I have to say it helped me to gain a fair amount of confidence around other cars, so...screw realism ;)

SimHub: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/
    Radar for SimHub: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa-mod-for-all-simracing-games.23386/

Also, I have started including the radar in my videos, so you can see it "live" in most of my latest videos, like here:

And of course, if you need any help with anything mentioned here, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,585
    arrest this man, he posted results!
    (nice setup Martin :thumbsup: good stuff)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 4
  19. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +506
    The only thing is I might forget what I'm looking at and start trying to hit the red one with a white ones..

real-pong.jpg

• Haha Haha x 4
  20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,610
    @Calvyn White, they will be back soon as special events when the F1 season is running again. Full length races with no mandatory pit stops so people will be free to choose their own strategy.

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.