RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, don't feel that well in terms of health.

Also next time I need to get familiar with Discord as when I click your suggested link and seem to be inside Discord via browser there's no sign of RaceDepartment at all. A pity you turned away from TS.

@EireGreen™
So what was that about?
You make a mistake and come back on track, give space to the leader by moving off the racing line and back on it when i was clearly 1.5 sec behind lead. You kinda give me space but move to the middle ... tire was blown, undrivable gg
"bernie says dont drink and drive" :thumbsup:

Fun chasing you @PurgerUK, lost 5 sec hitting the pitlimter instead of the p2p rip in the first half of the race

Last edited:
^^ Hahaha... that's exactly what went through my mind when it happened, Christian! :roflmao:

I was having a pretty decent race up until the pit stop. Video speaks louder than words:

And to add insult to injury, I apparently slid my way into the pit lane above the speed limit, so I got a drive-through! :p Once all that was over I was pretty much exactly where I was beforehand... right behind @Sasha Jednak... but a whole lap down. :D

Oh well, it was still a fun race, especially the last few minutes battling with @Gerdoner. Cheer guys! :thumbsup:

Hahaha... that's exactly what went through my mind when it happened! :roflmao:

I was having a pretty decent race up until the pit stop. Video speaks louder than words:

And to add insult to injury, I apparently slid my way into the pit lane above the speed limit, so I got a drive-through! :p Once all that was over I was pretty much exactly where I was beforehand... right behind @Sasha Jednak... but a whole lap down. :D
Then I pitted and got DT, and came back a bot ahead again just on same lap. :roflmao:

@PurgerUK and @ionONE1 were on another planet, great pace guys. @Steve Le Gallez, sorry for my DT. We could have had nice battle again, although you had a bit more pace. Congrats on podium.

This track is super fun to drive in these cars, you need really to brake 3 times.Everything else is downshift or blip on brake pedal. Heart stopping each lap on braking for Corkscrew, it’s good to be ali e in the end.:D

Here be the results:

Results02.png

R3.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - FR US Series
Cars: FR US Cup
Track: Sonoma - IRL

Saturday 12/09/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (40 minutes)

FR US Cup: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #13
  2. Steve Le Gallez - #18
  3. Sasha Jednak - #21
  4. brc19 - #17
  5. cagivariver - #7
  6. Jan Larsen - #10
  7. 2112 - #16
  8. Gerdoner - #20
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot

UTP#23

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment FR US Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

29/08/20 - Round 1: Mid Ohio - Grand Prix
05/09/20 - Round 2: Laguna Seca - Grand Prix
12/09/20 - Round 3: Sonoma - IRL​
19/09/20 - Round 4: Road America - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings02.png

Previous Results

Results02.png

Start was way better than last race, only lost 1 position this time round :p For a few laps I could follow the guys infront, but seeing as I don't really practice for this season there's always a mistake waiting to happen. I totally lost confidence going into the Corkscrew for a few laps, car tried to kill me every time.

After the pitstops (I remembered to preselect the tyres and fuel this time, yay), I found my rhythm. Last few laps were very enjoyable battling with @Goffik, he probably was a bit faster than me but I gained some time in the corners, seeing as my wings were at max angle. During the race I thought I might have closed the door a bit too late once or twice, but that might have been me not 100% comfortable with the car, or I couldnt find the situations in your video.

I am looking forward to Road America with the long straights :D
Btw, just did a few laps in Sonoma and only got lost three times :D Someone got a booster seat, I can hardly see the braking points / apexes for half the corners :p

he probably was a bit faster than me but I gained some time in the corners, seeing as my wings were at max angle.
Ah, I was wondering how you managed to carry more speed, especially in the first few corners!

During the race I thought I might have closed the door a bit too late once or twice, but that might have been me not 100% comfortable with the car, or I couldnt find the situations in your video.
Nope, you did fine mate. I never once felt that you forced me to avoid you, it was good defensive driving. :thumbsup:

Someone got a booster seat, I can hardly see the braking points / apexes for half the corners :p
Haha, yep, that's the problem! It's a really fun track in high-downforce cars, but almost none of the corners have markers! Crazy Americans! :p

Quick question guys. I know some aren't keen on the switch to Discord... I'm one of them! Discord certainly seems to be a lot emptier on race nights than TS ever was. I believe RD's TeamSpeak server is still running so if people prefer we can go back to using it. What say you? Discord or TeamSpeak?

#21 for me please
I am fine with both, don't have any difference on my side: click to open program -> click to change to R3E channel -> done. Both are working fine for "go through you are faster", "thank you" and "good luck". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%