1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU FR Junior @ Karlskoga - Tues 31Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 24, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 31-10-17
  1. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    I would like to participate in this event tonight with my new pedal set. As I've got a new pedal set which isn't quite setup to my liking as of yet this will probably take some time. I thought I would mention this because if I plough into the back of you, it's not my fault, it's the pedal set.:roflmao:

If anybody wants it or needs it I've got a very large bottle of, "come play with me", oil. It's very nice, very slippery, and smells lovely. 2. 5 litres. But it's only half full.:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 5
  2. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    Sorry, gents, my new CPU fan didn't' come in so I'll have to pull out. Tried to run it with my old fan and got 2 or 3 laps in before it froze up.

• Sad Sad x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  3. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    I once had a chassis fan do that to me I sprayed it with switch cleaner in every gap I saw. and it worked.

PS: A bit more detail. I sprayed it heavily until it was virtually running out. Got my vacuum cleaner creating a suction causing the fan the spin repeated this twice. Allowed it to dry which didn't take long as it evaporates. Reconnected it so that worked and remounted it. Not sure if it would work for a CPU fan. But I think it's worth a go as it isn't working now, as it cannot work any less. Then again as it's new, you're probably better off getting a replacement.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Frank Steinbach

Frank Steinbach
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Sorry, I´m also out.
    Wife did come up with a plan for the evening which doesn´t involve virtual racing.

• Sad Sad x 4
  5. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    Women ha. You either love them or you can't just kill them, just don't get it.:roflmao:
    Just check her some knitting needles and wool, she will be fine.:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    Thanks, Calvin, but this is a sealed unit so there's nothing to lubricate. I've been nursing it along for weeks by spinning it by hand for a minute or two until it picked up enough speed to overcome it's inertia and then it ran on its own but it finally gave up completely. My CPU is water cooled in a completely enclosed system and just like a car radiator, this fan blows across the "radiator" to dissipate the heat from the water and I don't want to run it too much for fear of seriously damaging my CPU. Rather spend $10 on a new fan than risk having to replace a $400 processor. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    A few more people sign out and I have a real chance to be on the podium.

• Haha Haha x 4
  8. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    I know what you mean I have a sealed liquid cooler and the pump gave out not so long ago and I had to replace the entire unit but I utilise the other fans for a push and pull. Anyway good luck mate, get it fixed, see you on the track soon.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    At this at this rate, you will be the only one on the podium.:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    @Calvyn White I'll take it. I'll thank the Academy and everything.

• Haha Haha x 5
  11. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    Academy?

12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    @Calvyn White As in the obligatory generic Oscars acceptance speech. Sorry, just an attempt at a joke (with a bit of a professional deformation included).

• Haha Haha x 3
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Fine. Keep your podium then. The race was not a complete disaster at all and I'm perfectly happy with finishing two laps down in a 15 minute race (and on stream no less). Already looking forward to Thursday.

;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +807

(for those wondering where R3E got inspiration(?) for these cars...)

Thanks for the race everyone and special congrat to Ross , a real Ace :thumbsup:
    Cheers

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    What can I say, oh I know, sorry sorry and sorry.:(
    Only got my new pedal set earlier today and only got them plugged in three hours before the race so not a lot of practice. Gone with the standard setup of the brake pedal which obviously is not good for me. Sorry. I should be putting in some effort in practice to get it configured to my liking and of course for you guys, sorry. If anybody knows of anything about setting up the brake pedal for the fanatec CSL elite pedals with load cell. Please share with me anything regarding the set-up of this pedal set. Anyway well done to the podiums fantastic pace Ross. Good racing all round except for me of course, sorry.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    I haven't driven these for a while so forgot how fun they were! I think the last time was on Stowe where I believe I was fighting with you for the wins Calv. These cars seem to suit me. :thumbsup: It was a bit lonely up front but hey, I'm not going to complain about two top step finishes. :cool:

Imagine this car, this track... full grid! That would be epic! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,601
    You were driving like a machine Ross, I think you're the only one who did not make a single mistake! :thumbsup: It would have spiced things up, and maybe would not have been so boring with a little spin or two? :whistling:

That was great fun despite the small grid, I had great laughs! Thanks guys, really enjoyable moments! :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
  18. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    I understood your reference Martin:). But I don't know whether that's good or bad.....

• Like Like x 2
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,424
    It means you're a gentleman and a scholar with a keen ability to spot and understand quirky and random off-hand references.

Or something.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Well my advice would be, don't press too hard on the brake pedal, I got through 2 sets of these before paying the extra for some V3's. I had a problem with the brake dragging after a short time, on set one, had to re-calibrate every few mins, drove me mad, Fanatec replaced them with a new set, which again began to drag, so swung a deal to upgrade to the V3's. When the new pedals arrived there was a note inside the box, requesting a part of the original pedals, that apparently I'd not returned, after a quick email to Fanatec for clarification on said part, I found the back of the brake pedal, tucked in a corner under my rig, must have blown off the back under braking. Now I know Fanatec have updated them so, these problems have now been ironed out but I would keep a close eye on the brake calibration, just in the beginning, seemed to me the load cell needed to bed in a bit. Apart from that it's just a case of getting used to using force to brake rather than pedal travel, won't take someone of your calibre more than a few laps to adjust, just like driving a car! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1