FR Jnr gearshift probs

Hi there, I am experiencing serious problems with FR junior gear shifting .
this car is an absolute nightmare to drive, it will only shift up or down ( if at all ) within a particular rev range, mostly it won't shift up unless the throttle is released and then may go in after a second or so and the same thing applies to shifting down ? (try taking a hairpin in fourth) ouch!!!!
just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there might be a fix ?
shifting is not a problem in other cars or sims.
thanks in anticipation, Nick.
Fanatec CSW 2.5. advanced paddle module. podium hub. heusinkveld sprint pedals. Sim lab GT1 evo. Samsung 49" curved monitor

Manual ?
Yeh, I don't get any problems with manual shifting in all other cars across this title and ACC, AC,RF2,AMS2
just this particular car in R3E.
I assume that you are referring to it being "manual transmission" and not some other point that I may be missing?
thanks for replying BTW

Yes, manual transmission, as in h-pattern. I was asking because you didn't mention using a shifter and sometimes manual transmission cars can act weird when shifted with paddles.

I just tried the FR Jnr using an h-pattern shifter and it behaves like it should for me apart from bouncing a lot when shifting up which is weird, but no delays or grindig, and I'm able to shift whatever the revs are.

What I'm trying to say is I'm afraid I won't be able to help you. I hope you find an answer :)

Hi Gevatter, thanks for clearing that up I have magnetic paddle shifters so I know that they are at least precise . yes also about that weird bouncing its really awful, I drove this car before the update and it was not nearly as bad so was wondering if it was something to do with that?
I think ill try to delete the setup and see if that fixes it( I've only just thought of that BTW )
thanks again , I'll post if I find an answer.
cheers Nick

Hi Maj, I don't have a clutch pedal, I generally use a Senna replica wheel ( because its a great feeling wheel) bolted to a fanatec podium hub with magnetic shifters ( two paddles), However after I had replied to Gevatter on my previous post I found out that by using my Fanatec Formula V2 wheel with Podium advanced paddle module that I could assign one of the paddles to "clutch" therefore changing gear and declutching simultaneously using two paddles at the same time.
Its really Crap trying to drive like that though because the clutch paddle has to be depressed a fraction of a second before up shifting ( not easy to be consistent) and I found that I was still missing my shifting. So not Ideal I'm afraid ...... I'll probably just stop driving that car which is a shame because I really fancied " ragging" that little thing around.
thanks for taking the time to reply to my post though

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back