EU FR 3 @ Silverstone - Tues 22May18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, May 12, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 22-05-18
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,430
    FR 3.jpg
    Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
    Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
    Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
    RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
    Cars: FR 3
    Track: Silverstone - International

Tuesday 22/05/18
    Practice:
    19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 GMT (5 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:50 GMT (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:05 (5 minutes)
    Race 2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List - 32 slots
    1. Steve Le Gallez (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
    2. kamackeris
    3. Calvyn White
    4. Martin Fiala
    5. Sir Kenny Paton
    6. Jopamir
    7. FeltHat
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
    1. Reserve
    2. Reserve

UTP#36

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +838
    Sign me in please :).

• Like Like x 2
  3. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,015
    in please

• Like Like x 3
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,248
    Yes please Mr.:thumbsup:

PS: I have checked and read the OP, and I can see no errors.:roflmao: Accept my name aint on it yet.:(. Guess we need more staff members without jobs, social life, kids, wife or girlfriend and any real life :roflmao:.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +936
    Happy now :)

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,252
    Well all right, then. I thought I'll give this a pass as I'm sure everyone must be sick of seeing (and worse, sometimes even hearing) me in every bloody race there is, but seeing there's only four people signed up right now and I don't really have anything planned anyway...:redface:

• Love Love x 1
  7. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +936
    Good man :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +3,430
    It seems the love has been lost for the FR3's. :( They used to be the most popular open-wheeler by far, but none of the open-wheelers seem to be pulling people in right now. We've all gone tin-top crazy! :O_o:

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,015
    i love em

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Well, in my case it's a question of not being a fan of open-wheelers in general, nor for that matter Silverstone.

But I really don't think these cars belong on the Int. layout. They're really too fast.
    I get that we attempt to use as many layouts as we can for each weekly track, and I'm fine with that.
    But even I can get a F3 around International in less than a minute, and they barely have time to stretch their legs before it's back on the brakes.
    The TTs or BMW235i would've been a better choice, maybe FRJs if we needed an open-wheeler.

But as I've stated numerous times, I'm a big fan of mixing things up.
    Not every combo will appeal to everyone, and this one seems to be less popular than most.
    It happens. :)
    But if we only ran the popular combos, we'd die of boredom before the year was out.
    So back on the proverbial horse, and the next combo will be better. :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Oh yeah.. I just assumed it was the full layout.....

12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,248
    First of all, I love open winners. And second, getting the right combo for any openwheeler can be difficult and getting the right combo in general. I would like to see some testing to see how they work before they are announced as an event. But I feel sure time is a factor for those who choose the events.
    Most of the combos of good some not so much but I feel it can be improved with testing a combo before entering it as an event. But like I said this will take time and manpower. But I feel it would help in getting better combos more regularly. And this would make for a better catalogue of great combos for future reference.

But like some, the X17 on Sunday for instance is just too much for any track that raceroom has to offer at the moment.

What can I say about this combo, yes maybe the fr3 is just a little too much for this layout but manageable you would certainly wouldn'twant anything more powerful.

I myself have done some testing in this area and found some very good combos many of which are quite straightforward and obvious. But just because they are obvious and straightforward doesn't mean they're be popular. So I thick choosing the right combo cannot be easy.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,248
    Well this is looking pretty bad in numbers. I'm thinking some I've looked at the leaderboard don't be discouraged I will be sharing my setup if I get home in time. So if you can get on the list.:thumbsup::).

14. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    Oops I forgot to sign up for this please add me.
    Note to self: push the reply button this time:rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +3,430
    Appreciate the feedback, but it's not the track. Open-wheelers have been suffering from low grids for some time now, regardless of type (FR 2, FR 3, FR Junior, etc) or track. I guess they've just fallen out of favour in light of other class releases over the last twelve months or so. Not that it's a problem, I'll just reduce their use for a bit and chuck them in now and again to see if people regain interest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    I would sign myself in but after the dogs dinner I made at my last attempt I think I will leave it to the experts.

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    Maybe AMS and rF2 have captured that market for now.

18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,252
    AMS and rF2 races are struggling as well lately. As are other R3E events beside open wheelers IMO.

19. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Let's not forget that summer is here.
    Attendance will be down throughout, especially when the sun is actually shining.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,779
    It's been the case for the past few years, you do get the occasional good grid but they are few and far between over the summer months.
    Couple that with R3E being one of the lesser sims in many people's eyes it can be a struggle.
    Add in the amount of competition around nowadays it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.