RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not driven these cars very often so I thought I'd take them out for a spin. Everything was fine right up to the point of the Greenwood. I'm not saying this car is broken but I am saying it has absolutely no interest in going around the track the only interest that this car has is to kill me. Has no interest in going in the direction that you need to go. Front end feels like it's driving on a dry track the rear thinks it's on a wet one. Does anybody know if this car is good for drifting.? Well I had a go on it I can't say it's the ideal car for this track or any for that matter. But it's fun and it's funny certainly made my eyes water. Extremely fast car but your tend to slow it down buy constantly fighting with the thing to keep it on the track.:confused:
Well if I have time to join the event I will not be picking this car and for those who do you got big balls. But don't expect to be towed out of the gravel.:laugh:
I'm just going to go off and make a quick set up for it and I use the word quick loosely as I may be gone for some time.:O_o:

Last edited:
Well as I'm the very first to sign up. I think I'm entitled to the number one slot you can move the staff member whoever he or she may be to the number 2 slot, or I'm not playing.:roflmao:

BMW 320 Turbo.
Probably one of the tamest cars of the bunch what can be a little naughty now and again.

Don't worry about using top gear but use first. Down to first gear into turn 2 watch out for a little snap over steer exiting probably best short shift to 2nd gear, if need be. Up up to 3rd gear briefly 4th back down to 3rd watch out for oversteer exiting corner 3. Up to 4th and then very very gently on the breaks down the third make sure you got the apex and if you do floor it. Plenty of time to be made out of turn 4. Down to gears 3rd into turn 5 keep it tight to the apex get the power on as soon as you can. Down 2 gears for turn 6, 2 gears will help you to get around the corner.( you can go down 1 gear but you may go wide or be slower up the hill.) Down 3 gears for the corkscrew (1st) be very gentle on the brakes approaching the top of the hill as the car goes light and will lock up so be gentle. The long left turn down the hill from the corkscrew you have a choice of two gears either one I think it's just as fast as the other. Stay to the right as long as you can until you know you can swoop in onto left side apex then over to the right. Down one gear for the last right hander keep tight to the apex time could be made here. Down to the left on to the straight in first gear keep it tight to the apex and you will be able to nail it to the floor a lot earlier than you think, even if you hit the curb a little. In fact most of the apex curbs will help you around the corner a little but don't push your luck, test.
Hope this makes sense.:whistling::)

Attachments

• BMW 320 TURBO LAGUNA SECA GP LB TEST MORE.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Have you tried the Capri yet Calv? It's quite popular as it feels somewhat "tame" (I use that term very loosely!) compared to most of the others. Or at least, it's the easiest to catch when the back end starts to go...

Have you tried the Capri yet Calv? It's quite popular as it feels somewhat "tame" (I use that term very loosely!) compared to most of the others. Or at least, it's the easiest to catch when the back end starts to go...
I have an it is the one I've managed to get my fastest time. I suppose if I think about it they're probably on par with each other. I do think the beamer is a little slower as a little more effort has to be made in order to get it to go as fast. But that could be due to the setup.

Last edited:
Fabcar 935.
Can be a little bit unpredictable when you least expect it.

Use all the gears and thrash them. Pretty much the same as the beamer so I won't bore you with all that again. But it doesn't like the curbs as much.
I do think the car has more potential but I have not got time for any further work on this car.:(

Attachments

• FABCAR 935 LAGUNA SECA GP LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
that greenwood setup gonna happen? :p
Not buy me if you're asking. Maybe if I had another week or so.( month) But let's face it the car is frigging ridiculous. Admittedly the front end has the slightest hint of sanity but as for the back-end is bats$%t crazy. I don't know if these cars are real and I don't know if real drivers have ever driven them and lived to see the finish line. It's like the car has been made deliberately to handle really really really bad. I mean to say if you wanted somebody dead buy them one of these.:roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%