RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the situation many of us are finding ourselves in at the moment, we've decided to start a server which will run hourly events every day of the week. These events will all follow the format detailed above, lasting one hour each and using a five track rotation. The class of car used will change every few days, and the track rotation will change each week.

This thread will be updated with the latest content details, so be sure to check back regularly. Also, please feel free to use this thread to coordinate and arrange times to meet up and race on the server.

Please remember that RaceDepartment's usual racing rules apply, so keep it clean and respect your fellow drivers. That said, have fun! :thumbsup:

Great news really. It would be greater yet if somehow, RD could arrange with Sector3 so that the server(s) could be ranked. The official ranked servers, despiste some occasional exceptions, are still a battlefield ground of carnage and utter disrespect.
So, RD+ranked=Heaven!

...crazy idea I know :cautious:

Great news really. It would be greater yet if somehow, RD could arrange with Sector3 so that the server(s) could be ranked. The official ranked servers, despiste some occasional exceptions, are still a battlefield ground of carnage and utter disrespect.
So, RD+ranked=Heaven!
I do think the ability is there to setup as Ranked, but with it being RD Premium members we should be good to go.

I know David, no problems there :p
the idea would be to have awsome races (eventualy ehehe) AND be "ranked" oficially (Raceroom rank) at the same time ;)

...it would be an extra layer of racing awarness (at least if you care about the ranks for all they matter!?)

So, RD+ranked=Heaven!
I do think the ability is there to setup as Ranked, but with it being RD Premium members we should be good to go.
The only problem that I would see and as the servers are set for club racing. Having the ranked is that damage would have to be on.

Even if making this server ranked is possible, it's not something I'm interested in doing at the moment. As always, the club events are just for fun, not for competition and prestige. Ranked servers may (I stress the "may") be something that can be looked at once the current crisis has passed, when the focus returns to racing rather than giving people something to do while they isolate.

David is starting full damage in the RD/US races from the 4thApril...
True, but that's a structured, staffed set of events. This isn't. I do have plans for the regular Saturday night events, but they'll be revealed when they're ready. ;)

Personally speaking, of course, I would prefer the ranked aspect then having damage off. May be tested out see how it goes maybe just for the duration of this event that Ross is hosting. I can safely say the last 6-month if not more I have seen a lot better in quality of driving within the clubs UK and US. None of that punt to pass nonsense. And knowing what is at stake I can only see things getting better. I think this could be an opportunity in disguise, for testing debate for the possibility of a permanent fixture.

Well, skip all the above I've just seen the post on club format from April 7th. I didn't get the memo.

Last edited:
The purpose of this is to give isolationists something to do with their time, not trial ranked servers. I absolutely don't want the extra pressure or competition ranked status would bring because that is not and has never been the purpose of RD's clubs.

Also just to be clear, full damage is limited to David's events on the US side of the R3E club. It is not planned for regular EU events for reasons I've stated at various points in the past. But the pros and cons of full damage are another discussion for another thread, not this one.

im not sure the golden rule would work using a ranked system ..... penalty points would be incured
Andi
As Ross has said, this or any server on RD is not ranked and as I tried to convey in my initial post my experience makes me think the RD rules and the caliber of human that are members here make it unnecessary.
And respect to Ross' request perhaps we move this topic to an Off Topic thread.

Despite the difference in race duration. Server 15 minutes opening thread 20. Which hardly matters.
I'm wondering if it's possible to add some AI? You know just to have something to race against.
And is it possible to add a couple more tracks to the rotation? Or swap a couple?
Such as the commonly used Hockenheimring for Bathurst. Much more fun in these cars.
And the Nurburging for Road America. Just asking.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it's possible to add some AI?
Sadly this isn't possible in R3E at the moment. Wish it was, as having some extra cars on the track would be nice even in regular club events.

And is it possible to add a couple more tracks to the rotation? Or swap a couple?
The tracks will be changing weekly, the cars every couple of days or so, so some tracks will suit some cars better than others at various points. Bathurst and Road America can certainly be part of the next rotation though, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back