RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AI whooped my behind.
That's because the AI is ignoring the fixed setup rule. :roflmao:
Not an ideal car for fixed setup as it is been said and I'll say again a bit of a pig of a car. Some default setups are ideal for some drivers but most, not so much. And to be honest I'm not a fan I guess I just don't understand the purpose of fixed setups. I feel that it puts some drivers at a disadvantage.

I'm in. Sorry about missing last week, totally forgot about the event :(

No worries we'll see you on the grid

That's because the AI is ignoring the fixed setup rule. :roflmao:
Not an ideal car for fixed setup as it is been said and I'll say again a bit of a pig of a car. Some default setups are ideal for some drivers but most, not so much. And to be honest I'm not a fan I guess I just don't understand the purpose of fixed setups. I feel that it puts some drivers at a disadvantage.

Won't disagree this car is a tremendous challenge to get used to and is only slightly less of a challenge once you get used to it's nuances...or do you say nuisances.;)

Either way I throw a fixed setup in for those of us that either have no clue about setting up a car and/or rather not spend the time available to drive in tweaking setups. And respectfully counter that drivers that fall into the category of not being car mechanic/engineer/tuner may also be at a disadvantage for the other races where that restriction is not in place. Having said that I m still shooting to finish mid field.:rolleyes:

R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: DTM 1995, 2003, 2005
Track: Oschersleben - Motorcycle A Course

Tuesday March 17, 2020
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (two tires min)

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef
  2. Scott_H
  3. SPC15
  4. Calvyn White
  5. 2112
  6. brc19
  7. Keith_G
  8. ted day
  9. ko41
  10. joecronk
  11. IlPaoletto
  12. cagivariver
  13. Jopamir
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
  21. Open
Reserve list

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 52

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:
Some default setups are ideal for some drivers but most, not so much. And to be honest I'm not a fan I guess I just don't understand the purpose of fixed setups. I feel that it puts some drivers at a disadvantage.
Just my ½ cent conserning fixed setups.
Im 100% against any fixed setup restrictions because I need to use some rather customized setups - to be able to drive at all.
Because of leg injuries I have to use a 100% handcontrolled wheel without pedals.:ninja:
But using such a wheel its impossible to control the thr/br if you have to turn the wheel more than about +- 20 to 25degree.
Turning more twist the thr/br fingers too much to have any control.:rolleyes:
So therefore I have to create extremely loose/oversteering setups to get the car to turn at all.
Most exagerated at corner entrance.:sleep:
So if its not allowed/possible to adjust aero and diff(power/coast) Im unable to drive the car.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: This is one of the reasons Im a big fan of Racerooms free car test possibility. Because here I can reveal if diff adjustment is allowed for a potiential car.:thumbsup:

R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
Cars: GTR 2
Track: Chang International - Full
Tuesday March 24, 2020
Practice:

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef
  2. Scott_H
  3. joecronk
  4. SPC15
  5. ko41
  6. 2112
  7. brc19
  8. Keith_G
  9. Calvyn White
  10. Wilko Jones
  11. SOLO59
  12. JACE323
  13. Jopamir
  14. Magnus Stjerneby
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
  21. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 51

Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:
R3E_US_club.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
Cars: FR 3
Track: Bilster Berg - Gesamtstrecke
Tuesday March 31, 2020
Practice:

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef #26
  2. SPC15
  3. Scott_H
  4. ko41 #19
  5. Keith_G #8
  6. Wilko Jones
  7. 2112
  8. Jopamir
  9. sc4dr
  10. TrumpetReich
  11. Open
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
Reserve list

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 21

Last edited:
R3E_US_club.jpg

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short explaining club rules.

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 2x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - No

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Teamspeak Installation Guide
Crew Chief
Passwords for Server and Teamspeak
Tips, How To's and Add ons
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use Crew Chief as a spotter

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
Track: Circuit Zolder

Tuesday April 28, 2020

Practice:

Race: 21:50 ET (45 minutes)

Entry List - Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef #0
  2. ko41 #11
  3. SPC15 #15
  4. Scott_H #42
  5. stevem #187
  6. Wilko Jones #51
  7. 2112 #43
  8. Keith_G #83
  9. sc4dr #7
  10. Tennracer #50
  11. Jopamir
  12. Absurd1ty #20
  13. Logan Griffall #45
  14. brc19 #123
  15. emarchena #911
  16. Mike Davies #23
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 28

Last edited:
1588878189079.png
Periodically we will have a members choice one off event where members can submit the criteria for an event and everyone can vote to decide which one will be used. This is that event so be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules set forth as they may be different than our regular club events.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. We had a three way tie so I went with the earliest submission which was provided by @Keith_G .

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other.
Check out this short explaining club rules.

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 1x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - Yes

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Teamspeak Installation Guide
Crew Chief
Passwords for Server and Teamspeak
Tips, How To's and Add ons
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use Crew Chief as a spotter

Tuesday June 30, 2020
Server Name: RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: P2
Track: Portimao Circuit - GP

Practice
: 21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (60 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (two tires min)

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. Wilko Jones
  2. ko41
  3. brc19
  4. SOLO59
  5. SPC15
  6. sc4dr
  7. rustymoto
  8. Open
  9. Open
  10. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 19

Last edited:
Me and my new MB,CPU, graphics, RAM, PSU, case (saved the drives, woohoo) should be there. Finished the ‘rebuild’ last night and just need to get everything running together. I blame that short Brands Hatch layout for frying MB/CPU last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back