• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU FR 2 @ Slovakia Ring - Sat 21 Sep 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 10, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 21-09-19
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,073
    FR 2.jpg
    Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
    Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
    Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
    RaceDepartment.com EU - Sat
    Cars: FR 2
    Track: Slovakia Ring

Saturday 21/09/19
    Practice:
    19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
    Race: 19:50 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List
    - 32 slots
    1. FeltHat
    2. Calvyn White
    3. Free slot
    4. Free slot
    5. Free slot
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot

Reserve list
    1. Reserve
    2. Reserve

UTP#6

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,129
    im in

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,073
    NOTE

We will no longer accept "maybes" and question marks. If you sign up then you're expected to be there, as per our Club Rules. You're also expected to complete the event in full, which should not be an issue given that we do not use damage in RD club racing.

Failing to do these simple things shows great disrespect to your fellow drivers, and anyone doing so from now on will receive the appropriate penalty.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    And me.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    And me as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    Lord GTR3, His master's voice. Premium

Ratings:
    +126
    I'm in, #22

• Like Like x 1
  7. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    I don't know if anybody is interested but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.
    I shall be on TeamSpeak sometime around 8 tomorrow evening. I will be practicing with the F2 and refining my setup on the club server. I've got a reasonable time now but I'm sure that I can improve on it.
    I'll be more than happy to help anyone that is interested in improving there time, if possible.
    Here is my somewhat basic setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen

Ratings:
    +126
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    A setup update.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen

Ratings:
    +126
    This is warning!!! I found and solved a major problem of my throttle pedal. The throttle didn't fully opening, only about 90 percent, now I have 100 percent throttle and I'm 2 seconds faster than ever, WOW, I have drove all these years with this idiot setting...LOL...just a simple calibration didn't solved this but one "top secret" setting done...at now I'm fast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,129
    its actually quite common, heard about it few times
    Its common enough that i developed for some time 90% throttle fear syndrome. Question is- with wrong calibration input graph would show 90% while i put pedal to the metal?

12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    Houston we have a problem. The server has the right car but the wrong track. I guess we still have that problem of it resets all by itself to the wrong track or the track that it was previously set.
    So at this present time, I'm unable to do any practicing and refined the setup for server purposes.
    So if you're about @Ross Garland I'm hoping you can resolve this problem.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  13. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    Well, I guess the server is not going to be reset to what it should be in my time scale. Which to be honest it doesn't matter as I see no interest anyway in doing any practicing.
    I guess no one is interested in learning to improve their racecraft. How to drive the car how to set up the car how to change it to your liking from my setup to your setup and maintain the time and speed.
    Well, I tried and I'm disheartened but not surprised.
    God help the person who dares to complain again that there are drivers to fast for club racing. Especially when offers of help is being made repeatedly.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,129
    Oh snap, i totally forgot about this! Gotta admit that its not an event i want to put too much time into it, need few more tests for tuesday :p

15. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen

Ratings:
    +126
    Yes, the same thing.

Solution: Control settings/Advanced settings/Throttle upper dead zone

100 percent to 80 percent

My best lap time before that setup was 1.44.4, at now immediately i did so easily 1.42.2 not even tried my best. Before this change, there was no way to drive that fast in any setup.

All these years, I wondered other drivers rate RaceRoom Leaderboard, since the difference between the top of which is normally approx. 3 seconds. If I remember correctly, the best place was 31 with 15 thousand drivers, even then there was a gap of 2 to 3 seconds to the top and I didn't understand how it was possible...now i do.

I have over 20 years experience of sim racing so sometimes it's hard to believe in the speed of other drivers. At now I do. Of course I do not practice every day, but when I drive Leaderboard laps I drive as fast as I can and I do a lot of laps, and always that stupid gap no matter how perfect lap :D

Or, maybe it is the Calvyn setup...hmm...lets see...

16. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,534
    Sorted mate:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    So is this race still on? I don't see the point of doing a 60 minute race with 4 people.:( And I won't be here this afternoon to check if the situation changes or not, so you might sign me out as well. It's such a shame that the interest for RR club races starts to die off just now, when they finally get it right with the physics and other small details...:(

• Beer Beer x 2
  18. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen

Ratings:
    +126
    It seems that this track is too difficult for most of drivers, or what you think about this comment #2 by Lars Hansen

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/this-saturday-formula-race-slovakia-ring.173392/

I must disagree Lars, this track is so fun and challenging, so easy to make big mistakes and lost a lot of time on the sand or slow corners, but maybe they like more oval circuits etc easier and more famous tracks they already knew better?

Also FR2 is very good car, fast and easy to drive flat out so it is very well suited for racing club races.

But if people don't like it, so no can do. I either cannot see 1 hour race with only 3 drivers so i'm also out with my 1.41.8 laptime, so sad at now when i just found my full speed...so maybe later with F1. See you.

I will join this if there's later today more drivers than me plus 2, lets see. I'm ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,073
    Server reset for 2x20 mins with a 5 place reverse grid, for what it's worth.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,609
    A bloody disaster beyond the ridiculous.
    Excellent track excellent car obviously beyond most.
    Sorry but I see no point sign me out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.