RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I have to withdraw from this race. I don't know if it's just me but something is very odd with the throttle response of this car, and I won't have figured it out before the race.
As I mentioned earlier the snap- over steer is extremely sudden and brutal, meaning very difficult to catch. But with a little dab on the brakes will help straighten the car back out of course this will slow you down but it's a lot better than completely going off the track.
I feel we are all experiencing the same thing. I don't believe it's anything to do with your equipment or your ability. The only thing I can think of and suggest due to the nature of these cars "now" is patience and a lot of it.
It does seem rather odd that you have to wait as long as you have to to get out of the corner. Like I said it is extremely difficult to get out of the slower corners without the back-end spinning and I do fine this inaccurate in my opinion.
But I'm sure with plenty of practice you will get used to this but that doesn't make it any more accurate my opinion. You've got a combination of two things very easy to spin and very difficult to prevent a total spin.
But all the same we all are experiencing the same, so don't let this be the reason for leaving the event.
Try @Steve Le Gallez setup you never know it might help.

Last edited:
Just to give an option of a different setups which I don't believe is anyway better or worse then any other but just different and may work for somebody a little bit better than another.
Never use first gear never go down to first gear.
Use second gear and short shift the third when convenient to do so.
Full break for a very very short period then extremely soft. Avoid lockups like the plague.
Here is my setup.

Attachments

• FORMULA RACEROOM 2 SILERSTONE GP LB 2.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 166
Hi Bo and welcome to our club. Don't worry about pace as I'm racing so at least you won't be last:D
Since this is your first time with our club can I suggest you check out our rules linked in the opening post and if you have any questions please just ask.
See you on the grid:thumbsup:
Thank you, Kenny, and yes, I have read the rules. Very fair and straight forward. Thursday can't get here quickly enough!

@Calvyn White it sounds like we have the opposite problem - it feels to me like I have TC set to 120%, if that makes sense - extreme bogging down even on full throttle, it's not responsive at all. I put the sensitivity all the way to max, didn't help at all, which leads me to believe that the lower gear ratios on this car is just way too long, and I was already using such a short final drive that I was maxing out the revs halfway down a straight, so I absolutely couldn't go any shorter.

I don't remember it being like this when I last played it 2-3 years ago. I guess in true RRE fashion they've made adaptations to the code for newer content, which screwed over some of the stuff which came before. I guess it reminded me why I gave up on it in the first place.

Sorry but I have to withdraw from this race. I don't know if it's just me but something is very odd with the throttle response of this car, and I won't have figured it out before the race.
Just checking that you know they reversed the TC numbers in the last patch so 6 is now the lowest and 1 the highest.

@Calvyn White it sounds like we have the opposite problem - it feels to me like I have TC set to 120%, if that makes sense - extreme bogging down even on full throttle, it's not responsive at all. I put the sensitivity all the way to max, didn't help at all, which leads me to believe that the lower gear ratios on this car is just way too long, and I was already using such a short final drive that I was maxing out the revs halfway down a straight, so I absolutely couldn't go any shorter.

I don't remember it being like this when I last played it 2-3 years ago. I guess in true RRE fashion they've made adaptations to the code for newer content, which screwed over some of the stuff which came before. I guess it reminded me why I gave up on it in the first place.

Just checking that you know they reversed the TC numbers in the last patch so 6 is now the lowest and 1 the highest.

Now I'm just confused, naturally.
I wasn't aware of any traction control but now I see there is a factory TC and breaking there is a factory abs.
Other than that I see no other alterations that can be made.
The only thing I see about traction control is.
Off
Factory TC
On
None of these settings make a difference to the server but I have just noticed upon going on to the server it says factory TC but once in the server it says factory none. So that's a bit confusing. Then again that's probably just me.
Mine is set to traction control factory TC the same as the server but not the same once in it. So my conclusion is there is no traction control or abs of any kind.
So I see no reason why traction control will be causing you a problem. But the lack of is causing me one.
So I can safely say I am confused.
If I had any idea was going on I would be sure to share it because it would benefit me as well as your good self.

Last edited:

The setup said "Factory - No TC". Is that not what the server is set to?

EDIT: Just checked the settings on the server, doesn't seem like you're even able to switch on TC.

Last edited:
Mine is set to traction control factory TC the same as the server but not the same once in it. So my conclusion is there is no traction control or abs of any kind.

The setup said "Factory - No TC". Is that not what the server is set to?

EDIT: Just checked the settings on the server, doesn't seem like you're even able to switch on TC.
Sorry gents, my mistake, I should have checked that before posting:redface:

I still don't get it why it says factory TC outside the server but once in it it says factory none. A little misleading. It implies to me that there is traction control but the server is set to none but it is been stated there's not a switch for it. And I suppose that goes for the abs as well as it says the same thing.
I like to use an example of the X17 which we all know has traction control with the server settings that are available allowing it to be turned off so it cannot be used? As it is quite obvious now that it cannot be done vice a versa. As there is no switch to turn on TC or abs on.:(

So I'll guess factory TC means they're maybe traction control but there might be or not once you go onto the server.:confused:

Last edited:
@Ho3n3r hi,
Respect the sudden snap oversteer out of corners when on throttle, I sugest fiddling the Differential >Power to lower settings. Try it and see if that helps.
Cheers
(oh, and dont give up on R3E, its a wonderful piece of sim!);)

I still don't get it why it says factory TC outside the server but once in it it says factory none.

All it means is that you have the sim set to use factory (read: real life) TC settings, whatever that may be. These cars do not have TC in real life, so when you enter the server in an F2 car it sets the TC to "none."

Noted, but this is a combo that works well and always provides close racing, hence it's repeated use. A long or open track in the NSUs is rather boring, so track selection is somewhat limited. Besides, we haven't run Anderstorp since August. :) It'll be something different next time.
Sorry Ross have to disagree there are alot of short or medium tracks this car is the bizz on we always seem to be limited to this Anderstorp/Brands and Zandvoort, one of the problems are these 20min races so your limiting yourself to tracks that are short enough to get laps on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%