RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was totally my fault. I went for the late break and lost my back end. If you tapped me, I didn't notice it. You deserve that win dude.

I knew you might make a move and was trying to leave a lane. As you know, it's all happening quick. I don't know that you slid or when we touched that it triggered your slide. It was barely and then oddly, it looked almost slow motion as I watched you slide. It actually took until the next straight after turn 3 to fully process and realize that you were lead car and I was back in P1. I had to double check. :) I had played a strategy and it was happening. I don't play RRE as much as rF2. I'm usually a mid pack driver. I don't see too many wins. It certainly was a high. As most of us, I've experienced many lows in sim racing as well. It certainly covers all aspects of simulation sometimes.

Yeah, I've heard of that happening and I guess it may have been what happened here b/c it was definitely not from carrying too much speed. In your case did it cancel your limiter too b/c mine did??

Anyway, I'm going to have my welder make a bracket that will stand out several inches from the wheel where I'll mount a small keypad that will be only for the limiter and that will assure that I'm not accidentally bumping it.
Here's my video:

Darth Vader in my backseat. LOL!

How do you make the video with all the overlays? The other video posted here also has overlay like a broadcast. I'm curious about that too.

Well, that was more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. I crashed so many times in practice during the week that I was considering withdrawing but decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. I still went off-track several times in the race but I guess most people did so it all evened out.

Finished P2, about 11 seconds behind Joey (@TR_S) which was a big surprise because I not only had another drive-thru for speeding in the pits (more on that later) but my keyboard slid off my sideboard and fell down onto my legs and got in the way of my pedals. I fought while trying to drive and extract the keyboard, only to have it fall back down again later in the race:mad:.

With regards to the pit speeding, I didn't have time to process and post my video but I reviewed it quickly at 4 this morning and it clearly shows that I had it on as I entered pit lane but about halfway to my pit box it inexplicably shut off and thus the penalty. Don't know if I hit it a second time accidentally or what but that makes 2 out of the last 3 races that something has been amiss with my pit speed limiter. Don't know if it's biological (Alzheimers, senility, stupidity, etc.) or technological but I've either gotta get it fixed or avoid any race that has a pit stop.

Anyway, congrats to the 3 winners for well-earned victories. Won't be in next week's race as I avoid all open wheel cars so have fun, guys!

It all didn't seem to affect you. You and Steve had some great dicing. You had a good race with all of that. Good thing for everyone maybe. :)

I ran a 30 lap, full tank strategy. I took on enough fuel to finish which was light, and with fresh tires I could push. I ran as hard as possible prior to pitting and built up a gap hoping to be able to pit and maybe make it out. I ran some 2:06s in practice but couldn't seem to find that in the race. That may have helped if I could have. Didn't quite happen so by the time I was just exiting the pit lane Steve went by. When I came around turn 1, I couldn't quite believe it.

Sign me up.

I tried this combo before, and I ran some laps immediately after Tuesdays race. I cannot say that I am thrilled to run the Formula Jr. But I'll put my best foot forward on this one.

Sign me up.
I tried this combo before, and I ran some laps immediately after Tuesdays race. I cannot say that I am thrilled to run the Formula Jr. But I'll put my best foot forward on this one.
Certainly not my favorite, but are loads of fun, you're in.:thumbsup:

Darth Vader in my backseat. LOL!

How do you make the video with all the overlays? The other video posted here also has overlay like a broadcast. I'm curious about that too.
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to b/c I don't add any overlays to my videos. All the data you see displayed on the screen is what I see in the race and all of that is provided by Raceroom. My Nvidia graphics card has a record feature and I have a key bound to it and just hit that to record it.

Specifically, the engine display in the lower right hand corner is the standard display for the car of course and on the left side is a track map which is activated in the "options" section. Everything else is part of the heads-up feature that was released by Raceroom back in April I believe. Here's a video showing how to download and edit it all.

Sorry guys I also have something last minute that my wife and I must attend to, please sign me out, have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%