RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. I crashed so many times in practice during the week that I was considering withdrawing but decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. I still went off-track several times in the race but I guess most people did so it all evened out.

Finished P2, about 11 seconds behind Joey (@TR_S) which was a big surprise because I not only had another drive-thru for speeding in the pits (more on that later) but my keyboard slid off my sideboard and fell down onto my legs and got in the way of my pedals. I fought while trying to drive and extract the keyboard, only to have it fall back down again later in the race:mad:.

With regards to the pit speeding, I didn't have time to process and post my video but I reviewed it quickly at 4 this morning and it clearly shows that I had it on as I entered pit lane but about halfway to my pit box it inexplicably shut off and thus the penalty. Don't know if I hit it a second time accidentally or what but that makes 2 out of the last 3 races that something has been amiss with my pit speed limiter. Don't know if it's biological (Alzheimers, senility, stupidity, etc.) or technological but I've either gotta get it fixed or avoid any race that has a pit stop.

Anyway, congrats to the 3 winners for well-earned victories. Won't be in next week's race as I avoid all open wheel cars so have fun, guys!
We had a good duel going.:thumbsup:

Didn't think you, @Mike Wyatt were going to enjoy this race, but you did. Just saying.;)

What button key are you binding to your rev limiter? I do mine so that It is no where near my normal hand driving position (a button near the center of the wheel) I put the lesser used buttons like lights, DRS etc near my thumbs so that if I do hit it it doesn't mess me up too bad.
After the first debacle two weeks ago I moved it to the other side of my wheel, away from my other pit-related buttons but it's still on the outside, right next to my left thumb. I've always needed it close to my paddles because as you know, you may have to downshift rapidly as you approach the pit entry but I may have to reconsider the placement. As you know, there's a lot going on as you decelerate and attempt to hit the entry point at just the right speed, but in this case, I know it was engaged so I got the first part done. Just don't know if I hit it again or what.

Watching Dave's video, I noticed that several others had pit speeding penalties too so I wonder if any had issues like me where it turned off while in the pits. I remember hearing several months back that there was an issue with pit penalties on certain tracks but I doubt that this is related. I'll post the pit portion of the video when I get home today just for $hits and giggles.

And thank you Mr Kenny I know you're retired but I thank you for not being completely retired. :thumbsup:Otherwise I think there may be a problem in getting ones name on the roster.
Not at all. I check the threads every day as usual, with one exception last week when I was away without signal. Kenny just checks more often than I do.

I watched the streams of both this race and the one before as they were happening (thanks Dave!) and it looked like a lot of fun. The last lap at Bathurst last week was wildly entertaining as a spectator, if a bit of a disaster for several competitors :D

I thought I might enter this race but didn't have time to practice so I opted against it, but I did put in some practice with the P1 at Road America last night after watching the race. I'm really struggling for pace in R3E compared to Assetto Corsa and AMS and I don't know why, but it's frustrating me. Oh well, when I look at the leaderboard and see the people around me have 12+ days of play time and thousands of laps run compared to my 6 hours and 57 laps, half of which were spent trying to dial in the FFB, it tells me I'm being ridiculous and impatient and need to get a grip. I'm not sure I can join this coming week, but I'll get my confidence up to get in on one of these races in the next few weeks. Just don't tell the AC club I'm cheating on it; although I see a couple of you guys in here already :ninja::roflmao:

It'll be our secret, but pace shouldn't keep you from participating if you are looking to have a good time. We have had a nice mix of experience and I see good progress in those that initially lacked seat time in R3E, we have a great group and welcome you when you can @Jivesauce

It'll be our secret, but pace shouldn't keep you from participating if you are looking to have a good time. We have had a nice mix of experience and I see good progress in those that initially lacked seat time in R3E, we have a great group and welcome you when you can @Jivesauce

Thanks David, I know everyone would welcome me no matter what, it just frustrates me that I can't produce the same results in this sim compared to the others. I'm sure it will come with practice and, if it doesn't, well it's not as if my career depends on it, right? :laugh:

Not at all. I check the threads every day as usual, with one exception last week when I was away without signal. Kenny just checks more often than I do.
Beg my pudding I was under the impression that you were still away. Which was only reinforced by the fact I've not seen you in any events as of late. Hope to see it back on the grid as soon as possible.

After the first debacle two weeks ago I moved it to the other side of my wheel, away from my other pit-related buttons but it's still on the outside, right next to my left thumb. I've always needed it close to my paddles because as you know, you may have to downshift rapidly as you approach the pit entry but I may have to reconsider the placement. As you know, there's a lot going on as you decelerate and attempt to hit the entry point at just the right speed, but in this case, I know it was engaged so I got the first part done. Just don't know if I hit it again or what.

Watching Dave's video, I noticed that several others had pit speeding penalties too so I wonder if any had issues like me where it turned off while in the pits. I remember hearing several months back that there was an issue with pit penalties on certain tracks but I doubt that this is related. I'll post the pit portion of the video when I get home today just for $hits and giggles.

Hey Mike, I had this issue in race 1. I had the limiter on and still got a drive thru. This was near the end of pit lane, so it wasn't from carrying speed into pits. I also have my limiter on a knob which would be virtually impossible to hit by mistake. I think my problem was the transmission "oscillation" model being pretty violent in some cars when on a limiter. Just enough to pop a mph over. That's my theory at least. So now I'm really light on the throttle when using limiter.

Hey Mike, I had this issue in race 1. I had the limiter on and still got a drive thru. This was near the end of pit lane, so it wasn't from carrying speed into pits. I also have my limiter on a knob which would be virtually impossible to hit by mistake. I think my problem was the transmission "oscillation" model being pretty violent in some cars when on a limiter. Just enough to pop a mph over. That's my theory at least. So now I'm really light on the throttle when using limiter.
Yeah, I've heard of that happening and I guess it may have been what happened here b/c it was definitely not from carrying too much speed. In your case did it cancel your limiter too b/c mine did??

Anyway, I'm going to have my welder make a bracket that will stand out several inches from the wheel where I'll mount a small keypad that will be only for the limiter and that will assure that I'm not accidentally bumping it.
Here's my video:

The last couple of weeks we have had winners of the FReD graciously ask to regift to anyone as they have all content. This just goes to the character of our group and the RD community, you guys are awesome. I would suggest that if you like to regift why not select someone you had a good battle with and include them in the conversation.

R3E races have been pretty fun lately, but I'm over in the Americas so I can only attend these EU races while on vacation...luckily i'm a teacher, so I'm off for a few more weeks :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back