Fps problems

Hi there!

i'm having a problem with fps, when i went to the track (especially in offline races, i haven't tried online) the fps sudendly drop, i'm able to run the game at 30 fps but after a while they drop to around 18 if i pause the game
for a while they return to 30 but after sometime they drop again, after playing for some time this happens more frequently. I've tried to reduce the graphics quality and i defraged the drive where rfactor is installed but the problems continue. Wht can i do to try to solve this problem?

Thank you, Rui F. Martins

PS:if i have to reinstall the game, what folders should i save in order to save my player information, setups and distance driven in cars?

True.

I said steady 60 fps without fluctuations. It isn't impossible at all to calculate. It's actually quite easy. If your system can't hold a steady 60 fps without fluctuations then that's your problem. You're talking to someone who plays almost every game out there with vsync (including all sims, rfactor, CARS, IL2, etc), and has been doing so since the dawn of 3D. If my PC can't keep a game vsync'd properly I either lower my graphics or upgrade the computer, but I do not turn off vsync, never, except in the rare case where it actively breaks a game.

The rest of your little lecture about polling rates and broader input lag calculations had nothing to do with my post about vsync and was a smoke screen from someone who probably doesn't actually understand the concept. If "Vsync on" causes input lag for you in a game I suggest it is a specific synergy inherent in custom gaming computers that varies from user to user, and not an actual flaw in the concept of locking your framerate to your monitor refresh rate. My experiences support that with "input lag", YMMV.

True.

I said steady 60 fps without fluctuations. It isn't impossible at all to calculate. It's actually quite easy. If your system can't hold a steady 60 fps without fluctuations then that's your problem.

You are mistaken. I already explained to you, not going to do it twice.

The rest of your little lecture about polling rates and broader input lag calculations had nothing to do with my post about vsync and was a smoke screen from someone who probably doesn't actually understand the concept.

Your acting up as rude person is the smoke screen by someone who hasn't yet understood what the poster said and worst, hasn't understood what input lag is.Even worse, you are unable to politely (in a civil manner, at least) discuss this issue.

I provided you with a link for you to educate yourself. If you choose to ignore it and believe whatever you think you know about VSYNC and input lag, then so be it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%