FPS Problem in Multiplayer

Matyas Kone

Matyas_k
Hi,
I can't find any solutions for this problem so I make this discussion. When I playing offilne hotlaping or carrier I have 90-100 FPS, and in the same track in multiplayer with the full grid I have only 30-40 this is huge difference and I can't imagine what is the problem. And in my last RD race my computer is frezzed, before this race I'm also have rd race with full grid and I don't have any problem.
MY config:
AMD A10-7700K
MSI A88XM-E45
AMD 7950 3GB (MSI)
Kingstone HyperX 4 Gb 1866MHZ
Cooler Master 500W

Multiplayer is a killer for fps. Drop your reflection settings and shadow quality, amongst others.

I think it's mainly CPU related. I upgraded my gfx card to something quite good, and multiplayer was still hopeless. Now upgraded CPU and everything is 100%.

Good luck

I buy the GPU in the last week, and I think this maybe solved my problem, and the game is much better, but right maybe the CPU, I hope Kunosi will solve the this problem..:) and I drop my settigns when I go to Multiplayer:)
thank you for the answers!

what is a good site to find out if your motherboard will take a better processor? or should i just call up gigabyte?

GIGABYTE G1.Assassin LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard
South Bridge: Intel ICH10R /// Processor Intel Core i7-960 3.9GHz

my pc and card is 3 years old might be time for a uplift.

more cars on the grid more fps goes down. In hotlap you're fine because is just one car physics. In a race you have many car physics calculations. That is heavy for the CPU. So you really need to lower or turn off some settings when racing with +-full grid, just so you can keep up with 60fps during most of the gameplay. At start is 'normal' to have lower fps, but it will raise as cars spread out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%