Hi I have a question about FPS
Currently I’m only using my main 144hz monitor for Assetto Corsa. I play on high / max setting and get about 115FPS average and 105FPS minimum on the content manager quick benchmark test.
I also have 2 75hz monitors so I thought let’s use triple screen. But with triple screen I use medium / high settings and only get 65FPS average and 62FPS minimum on the CM test.

I normally race on online servers with about the same amount of cars as in the benchmark test.

So what do you guys think single screen with 115FPS and high / max settings or triple screen but with only 65FPS and medium / high settings?

Edit: all the screens are 24'' 1920x1080 16:9

Last edited:
Settings don't matter much as long as you can see the important stuff for being fast.
Everything above 60 fps is fluent enough to be fast. Sure, the more the better but it's not that important.

On the other hand seeing into the corners, seeing cars next to you, just generally seeing more will make you drive better.

In my opinion that's a lot more important than some fps.

Now if the fps numbers would be 30 vs 60, then 60 all the way as you can't really drive with fps lower than 55...

I am a bit a graphics-whore :O_o: so i prefer good, stable fps with max visuals over tripples ...

Tripples yes nice to have, but sort of waste of money, space... just to use them for looking left and right while racing. Just my opinion.

Shortly i switched to a ultrawide and thats perfect for me.

Last edited:
Both answers above are finally right and that's a just a choice to make if you can afford both.
Just one condition: the Ultrawide needs to be very wide ... 49" 32/9

A so-called "Ultrawide" 34" isn't enough ... but I saw a picture made of the cockpit view with a 49" and with good settings done it seems to allow a broad enough view in cockpit.
Not as broad as triples but much better than a usual single monitor.....
Could you reach the same fps you mention with your own monitor .... that's another question. ;)

One thing a 49" superultrawide can't do:
With triples you not only see more to the left and right, but you almost get a depth perception due to the angle.
You not only see the nose of a car being next to you, but you also see it going forward in the side monitor.

I'd love to have triples but I only have space for a 34" 21:9 monitor. Still a lot better than a standard 16:9!

I am a bit a graphics-whore :O_o: so i prefer good, stable fps with max visuals over tripples ...

Tripples yes nice to have, but sort of waste of money, space... just to use them for looking left and right while racing. Just my opinion.

Shortly i switched to a ultrawide and thats perfect for me.
May I ask what you are racing?
I think priorities change a lot depending on what you are racing

May I ask what you are racing?
I think priorities change a lot depending on what you are racing

AC, R3E, AMS2, ACC, DR

Only against AI (online career ended with rF, no more enough time)
So I don’t need to be that carefully and always see where my opponents are.
And i do not have the pressure to get faster and faster.

I am not saying triples are bad or something. I just don’t need it. I prefer fps and visuals like said before

AC, R3E, AMS2, ACC, DR

Only against AI (online career ended with rF, no more enough time)
So I don’t need to be that carefully and always see where my opponents are.
And i do not have the pressure to get faster and faster.

I am not saying triples are bad or something. I just don’t need it. I prefer fps and visuals like said before
In your case I would prefer a single ultrawide with best graphics and fps too! Just casually enjoying the driving :geek:
For online racing (not hotlapping), triples are phenomenal imo.

does no1 use nvidia 3d surround. or amd eyefinity? allows you to not only have 1 resolution for 2 or 3 screens? i have 3 resolutions for eyefinity. and if i turn it on highest were its 1080p its like4000+ x 1080p. my rx580 hits a solid 135

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%