FPS Issue

Hi guys,

I've recently formatted my PC and after re-installing rFactor and copying all the old user files across I've had constant FPS issues.

Even with a fresh rF install and a new PLR I still have FPS issue. I have the exact same settings I had prior to formatting and yet my FPS is stable but then will just glitch down to 30. I've tried all different tracks and mods and it's the same on every single one.

I've tried different drivers also and configured different things in graphics properties. Still the same problem...

This doesn't happen on any other game either. iRacing, Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare are all fine.

I've got a Radeon HD4580 Graphics Card. And I know this works cause it worked prior to format.

Anyone got any ideas on what it may be?

Cheers,

Nick

I don't know that much in that dept, but check in your Catalyst Center, in 3d options, that you have everything set to "let application choose" or something (don't know what it is in english, basically deactivate all the AA and AF).
Then put them as you want in the game. Maybe that helps?

That has actually helped a bit. But I think I found the problem. Looks like when I formatted my PC I installed an old set of Motherboard drivers. I've just found the updated ones released last year. Dropped them on and it seems to be running a bit better now. If anything quicker and a bit cooler also.

But that graphics thing you've mentioned I will also make sure on that. Cheers.

My FPS issue has come back.

I installed all new Motherboard drivers and seemed to be ok but it's back again. My FPS is never stable. Some parts of the track it's over 200 then other parts it's 90. It constantly fluctuates but it's causing jumping and it's getting hard to drive it.

Like I said previously it worked fine prior to format.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks,

Nick

rf.jpg

What exactly does the +fullproc command do? I assume it has something to do with multi-core processors.

I've had problems with several old games (not rFactor) that don't like running on multiple cores, and I've had to go through a complex process to rig the .exe to only use one core. Is this what the +fullproc command does?

it makes the game use both (or all 4) cores, this gives a little fps increase (for me this was about 40-50% more fps). But it can make rF run unstable, so test it before you use it in a race.

It doesn´t use the full advantages of a multicore CPU though, but always worth a try.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.8%