FPS Issue

This might be down to my cpu issue in another thread but im ordering some new parts in the meantime could I get some help for the moment.

Examples

Global GFX

Occlusion ON
AA x8
AFx8
MS ON
VS OFF
Power = Performance
Quality = Performance

If my setup was giving me crap fps all over the board I could understand it but heres the list you will see the inconsistancy of it.

Mass Effect: 20-30 In Game 60 In Menu
NFS Shift: 40-50 In Game 70-80 In Menu
Race On: 50-60 In game 300-400 In Menu (wierd) gfx set to medium in menus.
Alien vs Predator: 60-70 In Game

Either Im missing something or theres something wrong, surely AVP is the most demanding on the list, yet it plays that fine but im jerky/laggy on shift sometimes and mass effect 80% of the time....it makes no sense when you compare the specifications needed for all 4, logically it should handle ME better than AVP and shift better than AVP.

For Race on 07 etc I have my nvidia cards set like this with nhancer http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3879/nhancersettingszv3.jpg it has really improved things its taken from this thread at no grip http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43569&highlight=nhancer I just noticed the guy has a 260 like you, I have 2 8800GTs and had a similar cpu Athlon 64x2@3ghz, it was bottlenecking my system, I recently upgraded to a Phenom II 965be@3.4ghz(clocked to 3.7ghz) and it has made a huge difference, I also have 3gb of 667 ram.

Also if you do setup your card as above for race on, in the video and language settings you must set AA to 4X or it wont work.

well im ordering a intel system parts i7 920 gigabyte ud5 corsair h50 cooler etc, guess ill just have to leave the decent games for now.

my dual core has never been fast, always chugging.

Do you activate profiles auto or manual?

scan recommended it to me, they are letting me pay buy bacs for the order, gonna cost over 500 quid though.....my current pc didnt cost that much....guess thats why im having crap fps lol.

I just hope my 260 is up to par with these new parts, 260 is mediocre these days compared to the 295.

sigh, nothing I do changes my fps, yet im @ 80 ish on avp with everything maxxed, its as if my card just stops working on every other game, it makes no damn sense.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%