FPS in race and evo

Hey guys,

This thread is not about what a good fps for gaming is as that is always personal but I noticed my fps is lacking.

CASE:

GTR Evo - Mid Ohio - 25 players: my fps drops to 32 at the last chicane max is about 60 during the lap. I tried the folowing:

• lowering drawdistance from very car 2 far fro both normal view and mirrors
  • lowering shadows from Very High to High for both the shadows themselves and the shadow quality
  • lowering the AA setting from 4 to 2
  • lowering the AF settign from 16 to 8
All this combined did not improve my fps at all. so I think that it is not my GFX(Radeon 3870(800/1170) that is holding me back so it must be the cpu which is an A64-X2 5000 BE running at a little over 3.2Ghz. I know this is not the fastest cpu but it surely should be enough to run this game at a decent frame rate as I can also run it on a A64-3500+ (@2420Mhz)

• Matt Gray

Ouch - that's gotta hurt Nick!!

I noticed that running XP I seem to get a better frame rate than when I trialled Vista. I haven't made the jump to Vista yet full time because I just haven't had the need to. I imagine that will come later in the year when I upgrade the PC a little more.

Doesn't sound like an upgrade to Vista though will hammer my framerates? I seem to get a steady 40 at the minute for most 'intense' races. Running a C2D E6600 and 8800GTS with 2 GB RAM...

Use Fraps to check your framerate.

I noticed one important factor about measuring fps in Gtr Evolution.
Before start of your FPS measurement drop to desktop with Alt+Tab and Alt+Tab back to GTR. This way I reached much higher framerate but I dont know yet if its real framerate improvement or only a glitch in Fraps.

Normally my average framerate was about 28 fps and after visiting desktop my framerate jumped to 48 fps.Framerate increase occur also in multiplayer game.

I benchmarked average framerate with GTR E - Fraps - Mid Ohio - 24 Ai cars - last place on the grid - pressed enter and then rapidly hit the F11 (starts framerate counter) and let it run for 20 sec according to Current Lap timer.

My PC-->
CPU= E6300 Core 2 Duo 1.868 MHz
GPU= Ati Radeon 4850
Memory=2048 Mbytes

peace
Jari

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back