FPS drops...tiny freezes, give it a try !!

Hi,

Had those tiny freezes and sudden FPS drops in GTRE.

After setting PRERENDER AHEAD = 2 ...no problems, with =0 and =1 and =3 I had those problems.

Both, so total settings and in your GTRE game profile (nVidia-Panel) PRERENDER AHEAD = 2 !!

So far no problems, hope it stays this way.

Only want to share thats all :thumb:

Hans van Hees.

Think I found something to try guys, not 100% sure...so far so good.

CTRL-ALT-DEL out of GTRE and use REALTIME !!

Tried it five times, to start a race at Macau 07 different cars...no drop so far, only raindrops :pound:

ONLINE it will be a problem, to CTRL-ALT-DEL ??

Hans van Hees :thumb:

Hey Hans

You could be getting stutters not from the processor or graphics card but maybe from hdd accesses?
What other processes are you running, motec maybe ... what anti virus you got going, etc?
Maybe try switching the replays off too ...

Failing that, maybe post up your system specs, your nvidia control panel settings, and your in game settings, then we can take a look and see if there is anything there which might need tweaking.
Also, what graphics driver (version) are you running?

BTW: changing the priority of running processes is not normally required, and may actually cause worse performance due to that process blocking other essential windows processes

Hi :)

Processor Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 @ 4.0 - EVGA nForce 680i (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 - Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C3 667MHz Tenth Anniversary Dual Channel Kit (4-4-4-12-1T) - Asus TOP 260GTX - Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Seagate 200 GB, Seagate 80GB
ViewSonic VX912 - Enermax 600 Watt - Windows XP Home Edition.

Videocard driver >> 177.98 at the moment, tried some older drivers too.

Firewall is disabled, running AVG FREE (anti-virus)
I have around 23 processes running.

Using Resource Kit to disable performance counters.
CCleaner to clean my system.
Some of these tweaks:
RaceSimCentral Forums - View Single Post - Big performance boost.

Using 16XFSAA and 16XANISO..in game all MAX (or highest graphic settings)
Replays are OFF already !!

Have two HDD's one for Windows (80GB) with swap file (max and min the same 3069MB) and one for my games (its the 200GB)

Want to know more, let me know :D

One last important note...don't have this problem with GT Legends or GTR2 !!!!

Hans van Hees.

Give it a try..thanks.

There are some EXE out there (task manager) ...which one ??
EDIT: didn't work, thanks anyway.

Another question, are the tracks loaded in one time ?? ...so is there no need to access the HD again until you load or save.
Then it could be a HD problem ??

Lee what kind of system do you have ??

Hans van Hees :thumb:

Hi Hansi ...
Sorry ... just spotted all this ... not much time right now but try checking these threads (my system specs are in one or two of them too I think):

http://forum.racedepartment.com/tech-support/6974-riva-tuner-2-10-out.html
http://forum.racedepartment.com/tec...driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-alert.html
http://forum.racedepartment.com/tech-support/6701-quad-multiple-processors-race-07-cpu-affinity.html

BTW: The riva tuner D3D Override module seems to sort it for me ... no longer set affinity manually either - problem being locked into one core has gone away "magically" (Vista :rolleyes:)

• Mark Bolter

i'm not sure if this is an issue but i've looked in the 3D image settings of my nvidia control panel and gtr evo isn't listed in the programme settings,but race 07 is.
could this be a problem.
i applied steam into there but not sure if this a cure.
it's just a thought and only trying to help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%