FPS down by 12% on recent 0.1.7x versions of custom shaders patch

Greetings fellow CSP users,

I've been running CSP version 0.1.60 for a while and have been trying out 0.1.7x versions of CSP. I've noted my benchmark FPS is down from 85 fps to 75 fps on 0.1.70 and 0.1.74. Is this a common experience? and has anyone found a way to regain the FPS? A new feature that can be switched off perhaps? I've turned a number of new features off but no luck so far. I have noticed that the CPU utilisation is up a bit from ~87 to ~93 during bench but GPU is defintely not bottlenecked. Downgrading to 0.1.60 is confirmed to increase my FPS back to 85.

I'm running an R9 270 2GB & SOL 1.5.1.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Greetings fellow CSP users,

I've been running CSP version 0.1.60 for a while and have been trying out 0.1.7x versions of CSP. I've noted my benchmark FPS is down from 85 fps to 75 fps on 0.1.70 and 0.1.74. Is this a common experience? and has anyone found a way to regain the FPS? A new feature that can be switched off perhaps? I've turned a number of new features off but no luck so far. I have noticed that the CPU utilisation is up a bit from ~87 to ~93 during bench but GPU is defintely not bottlenecked. Downgrading to 0.1.60 is confirmed to increase my FPS back to 85.

I'm running an R9 270 2GB & SOL 1.5.1.

Thanks!
Hi try this one:

under extrafx.ini there might be SSLR enabled. This cost me about 10fps and i think it was disabled at CSP 1.60

Thanks for the suggestions. No joy unfortunately...

I always keep extrafx disabled.
Disabling Sol does not recover the FPS.
Confirmed this is not caused by FTH.

On CSP 0.1.60, with my settings, disabling CSP entirely (under general patch settings) results in no change in FPS.

On CSP 0.1.70, 73, 74 disabling CSP entirely recovers the missing 10 fps. I tried keeping CSP enabled and disabled every single extension manually but no luck.

Last edited:
then you have a setting turned on that you did not before. some of the defaults have changed if I remember correctly. I definitely got my performance back as the bug did not make use of my gpu the way it should have.

Hi there

Just posted this on fps issues and micro freezes, not sure if this will work but is worth trying, made a huge difference with me.

Random crashes since installing 1.75 preview 1 and activating weather fx - even when I downgrade CSP now it still does the same. Reinstalled all folders other than cars and tracks and the same thing still happens when I activate weather fx no matter the csp version - still the same. Checked FTH all clear. Verified Assetto etc... the only thing I haven't done is delete the documents folder so the fault must be there.

My point is, I think later CSP versions problems are creeping in for some PC configurations maybe, so I'm now back on 1.46 and everything is smooth as butter but have kept documents folder and am never going to activate weatherfx again - don't think its a SOL problem btw - maybe its later CSP versions which are giving some people odd weird stutters etc...

Last edited:
Somewhere he is also writing down he did go back to the 1.60 recommended version for an reason.
Yep, two reasons:
- I don't like the new windscreen shadows from the updates Reflections FX. It's more realistic but it's quite irritating for me...

- some mod tracks get completely destroyed by some newer versions. Like literally destroyed. Your car standing in the air with the pit wall going vertically through the floor, the tarmac flying somewhere around etc.

Since I only do basic online racing in the dry sunlight, 0.1.60 is completely fine for me :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%