FPS 80+, but picture not rock steady

Anyone got an idea why this occurs ? Even when the fps is 100+ the performance is still bad. It's jittery and inconsistent, fps fluctuating all over the place. Shouldn't it be rock solid at such a high FPS ? Is it a sign of a monitor issue ? Hard drive ? Something else ?
Resolution is 1440x900/60Hz. Same thing at both 60Hz and 75Hz.

With Vsync ON it's a bit better, but still cannot hold the fps steady and i get constant jitter and noticeable slowdowns.

Win 7/ 4gb ram / G1610(2,6 Ghz celery) / r7 250x

Cheers

Was on high. Tried medium now and turned VSync On/60Hz and still annoying stutters and slowdowns occur, with fps dropping to 57.
With Vsync OFF the fps are easily 80+ fps, so i have no idea why the fps would drop below 60 in Vsync ON mode...Weird thing.

The performance varies from track to track.
It's playable just fine, but I'm curious what could it be that's causing these occasional slowdowns and drops in fps and why it isn't smooth all the time.
Never could sort this out. Was the same with SCE.

I'm on Vsync ON/60Hz and i was just clicking through the main menu and i noticed the fps dropping here as well. :O_o: It dropped down to 40. What could this be ?
Something is not working as it's supposed to and i have no idea what it is...

I would suggest to have a look at the manual (right click in your game in your Steam library, and choose "show manual"). There you could see the best settings. I would also suggest capping you framerate (to 60 so it corresponds to you monitor); I'm not sure why, but I get much better results with my fps capped.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%