FOV

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to work out the best field of view for AM2.

I got one of those calculators and as AMS2 isn't there I use the PC2 selection. For triples it gives 110 and it makes the world narrow and even when moving the seating position it looks odd. I then read elsewhere that someone says to use the single screen FOV option rather than select the triple option - with this it gives me 36 and longer chicanes now look like the first one in Monza and feel's not right and the road length seems to be not quite right either. So I've settled on 52 where it feels good but if I'm bumper to bumper with the car in front of me that car doesn't look as big as it should in real life - but it does at 36.

Anyway, I know everyone has different screens size/distance etc.. but if anyone would be kind enough to post their field of views and screen size/distance etc... so we can all (me) compare then that would be great! :)

Last edited:
27” triples. 45’ angle for side monitors. Distance to screen is about 60cm. My fov is ~50 degrees (single)

I use this calculator.
You just need to do it for one screen, assuming you’ve set up the triplescreenconfig file correctly, the game calculates the rest. Looks perfect to me.

Last edited:
Yeah -I used that one and put in triples and it gives me 110 which super narrow and stretched but it gives the same number for single screen as the others more or less. So I'm guessing for triples to use the single screen selection which seems much better but to add on another ten. Is everyone running exactly what these calculators calculate?

Thanks - so is AMS2 horizontal or vertical? If horizontal it matches the other calculators I've used. Don't think I can race like that though - I tried and am all over the place :D
Horizontal.

Something sounds wrong though. Just checking... you do have the game set up for triples right? Not just one big single?

When the game was in beta, the triple screen setting didn’t work, so I (and others) copied the config file from PC2. If you are still struggling, I’ll post my file tomorrow (busy tonight).

My in game camera in cockpit view will only go to 88! I've found the triple file and input the correct measurements and in game that's as low as my camera will go. Also, in the triple file it says allow triples false so I changed that to true but it also says force triples and I've left that at false? Thanks

88 is the lowest for all of them

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_184314.jpg
    IMG_20210615_184314.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 274
I tick all three centre left and right and put the screen size and angle in all of them and the centre one also distance. Ill grab photo tomorrow of the lower triple fov I can get to
Yeah it's strange because whatever I try my camera won't go below 88 but I think it's ok because at 88, I'm right up to the window nearly so I have it at 116 in cockpit so I can see the info on the steering wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back