FOV on single screen

been thinking about the trackir, as going to triples or a bigger monitor is presently out of the question. is it a pain or time consuming to start up when getting ready to race?

Very easy to use it but you need a little bit of time to get use to it (you have to turn your head but keep your eyes to the screen).
Some people feels motion sickness : in my opinion because of a bad profile used (how your TrackIR reacts when you turn your head)

Last edited:
Depends on who you ask I reckon :)
If you're like me, coming from a 24" 16:9, the move to 29" 21:9 was a smooth sailing, cos the 21:9 monitor is about as tall as a 23" monitor. If you however are used to a 27" or bigger screen then you might feel the vertical size to be on the small size. There's ofc the 34" LG monitor out there but that's pricy as hell!
I love my 21:9 though, for simracing I get an extra 8cm of side vision on each side (16cm total that is) compared to my a 23/24" 16:9 screen, which is great. I love it for Windows too, I rarely run programs in full screen any longer, I usually have two windows open side by side.
But, for simracing, I'll be getting the Oculus Rift consumer version instead, the DK2 is already such a massive upgrade to any screen solution I've ever tested.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%