F1 2021 Found how to add colored visors!!!

F1 2021 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys, I wanted to update anybody that didn't already know, but I found a way to update colored visors on an imported/modded helmet. You kinda have to do a little work, but it works and it is well worth it.

The way that I do it does require ERP archiver. Before you open ERP archiver, try to find a CURRENT F1 DRIVER's VISOR that you like. For me I wanted a red one since I am racing for ferrari in my career, so I chose Pierre Gasly's visor.

STEP 1: Now go through ERP and open the f1 file in your computers steam folder --> "2021_asset_groups" --> "character_package" --> "drivers" --> then scroll down to the driver who has the visor you want, for me and purposes of this instructional, I picked "2021-tororosso_pierre_gasly" --> "pierre_gasly_helmet.erp".

STEP 2: Once you have the file open in EGO ERP, scroll down to where it will say [driverfirstname_driverlastname_visor_d.tif] for me that looked like "pierre_gasly_visor_d.tif". Look in the top of the ERP task bar and with the visor_d.tif file selected, click "Textures" and then "export". Pick a file where you will be able to find this file easily and save it.

STEP 3: Now this part is super important. The only helmet that has a visor color tif file is Casper Akkerman's helmet. So you will want to open the Ego ERP archiver and open the file in the f1 game --> "2021_asset_groups" --> "character_package" --> "team_liver" --> "2021-custom-casperakkerman" --> "2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp". Then scroll down to "2021-custom-casperakkerman_visor_d.tif" and import your saved visor from step 1. MAKE SURE TO SAVE THE FILE.

STEP 4: Repeat Step 3, but in the file "2021-custom-casperakkerman.erp".

When you load in, the visor should now have replaced the black visor color on casper akkerman's helmet. If there is any questions, make sure to comment and I will edit this for more clarification. I have been trying to get colored visors for the last two seasons, so it makes me so stoked to have found a way to do it, even if it is just one helmet. Hopefully now you creators will be able to figure out how to create some dope visors to take advantage of this.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I wanted to update anybody that didn't already know, but I found a way to update colored visors on an imported/modded helmet. You kinda have to do a little work, but it works and it is well worth it.

The way that I do it does require ERP archiver. Before you open ERP archiver, try to find a CURRENT F1 DRIVER's VISOR that you like. For me I wanted a red one since I am racing for ferrari in my career, so I chose Pierre Gasly's visor.

STEP 1: Now go through ERP and open the f1 file in your computers steam folder --> "2021_asset_groups" --> "character_package" --> "drivers" --> then scroll down to the driver who has the visor you want, for me and purposes of this instructional, I picked "2021-tororosso_pierre_gasly" --> "pierre_gasly_helmet.erp".

STEP 2: Once you have the file open in EGO ERP, scroll down to where it will say [driverfirstname_driverlastname_visor_d.tif] for me that looked like "pierre_gasly_visor_d.tif". Look in the top of the ERP task bar and with the visor_d.tif file selected, click "Textures" and then "export". Pick a file where you will be able to find this file easily and save it.

STEP 3: Now this part is super important. The only helmet that has a visor color tif file is Casper Akkerman's helmet. So you will want to open the Ego ERP archiver and open the file in the f1 game --> "2021_asset_groups" --> "character_package" --> "team_liver" --> "2021-custom-casperakkerman" --> "2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp". Then scroll down to "2021-custom-casperakkerman_visor_d.tif" and import your saved visor from step 1. MAKE SURE TO SAVE THE FILE.

STEP 4: Repeat Step 3, but in the file "2021-custom-casperakkerman.erp".

When you load in, the visor should now have replaced the black visor color on casper akkerman's helmet. If there is any questions, make sure to comment and I will edit this for more clarification. I have been trying to get colored visors for the last two seasons, so it makes me so stoked to have found a way to do it, even if it is just one helmet. Hopefully now you creators will be able to figure out how to create some dope visors to take advantage of this.
GG but we all knew it.... since way back of F1 2020 -_-

For me the real next step might be how to add an entry in an ERP archive that does not have the entry.
Example ? With Galactic and _visor_d.tif.

More generally, how to add an entry in the ERP Archive that is not accessible by default to override the default settings?

For me the real next step might be how to add an entry in an ERP archive that does not have the entry.
Example ? With Galactic and _visor_d.tif.

More generally, how to add an entry in the ERP Archive that is not accessible by default to override the default settings?
100%, if we could figure this out, then we would be golden in terms of visors. I don't know why Codemasters/EA havent made colored visors a thing. Some people believe they will add it to podium pass next year in 2022. I hope not, hopefully standard colors come included and then you can buy some of the visors that have like the blue/purple combo tint or something. Colored visors could make so many "boring" default helemets look super cool and would add more customization to a game that desperately needs it.

Last edited:
100%, if we could figure this out, then we would be golden in terms of visors. I don't know why Codemasters/EA havent made colored visors a thing. Some people believe they will add it to podium pass next year in 2022. I hope not, hopefully standard colors come included and then you can buy some of the visors that have like the blue/purple combo tint or something. Colored visors could make so many "boring" default helemets look super cool and would add more customization to a game that desperately needs it.
Hey, I know this is a year on from this thread but now f1 22 is out and none of the custom helmets have coloured visors (seriously EA wtf) is there a way of import/export using ERP to get coloured visors of any sort. I really hate the clear visors that show the drivers eyes lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%