FM4 Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
It's fantastic. :wink:

My only gripe is the settings are not saving in the presets. Firmware update is on the way. You might also want to make sure you like to drive at the 9-3 position as the race grip is only there, plastic at 10/2 which you might not like.

FFB and shifters are second to non in this price bracket, it works fantastic on PC or xbox plus PS3 (but not tried that yet).

A great wheel imho.

I had a GT2 for a short while and got rid of it in anticipation of the release of the CSR. I can't give you a true comparison for i don't have the new wheel yet but.. i cannot imagine the CSR will be of a lesser quality for performance. I did like the Alcantara leather on the GT2 and the illimunated buttons but i wont miss that. And as far as i'm concerned, CSR complete set does match the price of the GT2 set so all in all it better be just as good as the GT2 right guys. As of right now i'm going on faith but i have a really good feeling about it.

I've had mine for a week and a half now and it is absolutely fantastic!!! Took a while to get used to it because I only had a day or two of use before the Forza patch came out that fixed 900°, and then this made linearity go all skewiff- but a couple of days ago I read a post on Thomas's blog about linearity being more realistic in "normal" than in "simulation" steering and it has changed everything. Using it 900° full time now and it is such a pleasure. Amazing resolution on input an the minutia of details you get through FFB gives you so much information to work with and lets you drive much closer to the edge.

a couple of days ago I read a post on Thomas's blog about linearity being more realistic in "normal" than in "simulation" steering and it has changed everything. Using it 900° full time now and it is such a pleasure. Amazing resolution on input an the minutia of details you get through FFB gives you so much information to work with and lets you drive much closer to the edge.

Arrgghh! - No wonder my M3 felt like it was on ice a lot of the time Monday night! This explains a lot. Ive always used 900o with simulation steering, and was sure it felt much more twitchy - will have to try it on "normal" steering before the next round :)

Arrgghh! - No wonder my M3 felt like it was on ice a lot of the time Monday night! This explains a lot. Ive always used 900o with simulation steering, and was sure it felt much more twitchy - will have to try it on "normal" steering before the next round :)

Totally! I was driving with my wheel set to 270° on Monday as my Clio was impossible on Friday and I didn't want to muck up another league race while coming to grips with it. Now I'm confident to use 900° and experiment with 700 and 540 on racier setups.

I actually set my sens to "off" - which is supposed to leave Forza sort out the right ratio's for each car (much like iRacing). I've no doubt it isnt as accurate as iRacing, or probably even close on some cars, but so far so good, as it was in F3.

Well had a quick go with Forza this morning and tried Normal steering - felt much better and I beat my lap time on Nurb GP in 2 laps :D Definately going to stick with Normal for a while........

As for my settings (PWTS wheel) :-

SENS - OFF
FF - 40
Sho - 40
Dri - 4
Abs - 85
Lin - 000
Dea - 000
Spr - (-3)
Dpr - (-2 )

All in game settings default.

Paulo, dont no if theres an easy way but anywhere where you have the "Difficulty" option, i.e. leaderboards, rivals etc. In there you get the options, eg, tcs abs and steering! Sim or Normal. It is better mate on normal. Hope that helps.

Well had a quick go with Forza this morning and tried Normal steering - felt much better and I beat my lap time on Nurb GP in 2 laps :D Definately going to stick with Normal for a while........

As for my settings (PWTS wheel) :-

SENS - OFF
FF - 40
Sho - 40
Dri - 4
Abs - 85
Lin - 000
Dea - 000
Spr - (-3)
Dpr - (-2 )

All in game settings default.
There was a very interesting post on F-wheel.com about how all Fanatec wheels use their FFB setting in wheel as an FFB limiter, not a scaling factor. Before I saw that, I'd assumed that 100 in game and 40 on wheel would be identical to 40 in game and 100 on wheel, but it's not. I recommend you try switching around, see what you think. You'll probably end up lowering your drift mode setting too.

I was also wondering why you have Spr and Dpr settings non-zero for Forza, since Fanatec themselves constantly state that these settings do absolutely nothing in Forza. Are you absolutely sure these settings are doing anything?

There was a very interesting post on F-wheel.com about how all Fanatec wheels use their FFB setting in wheel as an FFB limiter, not a scaling factor. Before I saw that, I'd assumed that 100 in game and 40 on wheel would be identical to 40 in game and 100 on wheel, but it's not. I recommend you try switching around, see what you think. You'll probably end up lowering your drift mode setting too.

I was also wondering why you have Spr and Dpr settings non-zero for Forza, since Fanatec themselves constantly state that these settings do absolutely nothing in Forza. Are you absolutely sure these settings are doing anything?

Its funny you mention about the FFB linearity, I have just recently seen about that too, and advised to try it from someone else. I am not convinced it is any different but I havnt really given it enough testing. (I have very little time at mo :()

As for the SPR and DPR settings - to be perfectly honest, I found my setup from F-Wheel.com when the Demo first came out, and have pretty much stuck with it as it feels good to me. There doesnt seem to be any hard evidence anywhere from anyone worthwhile, if they do indeed actually do anything. I have read that they are supposed to effect the way that the FFB feels over rumble strips/kerbs etc, that they are used to alter the FFB fee overall; and needed in F1 2011; or that they change the way the wheel reacts to moving back to centre and around the centre point ??!!

Perhaps it would be worthwhile starting a dedicated Fanatec wheel settings thread?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%