FM6 Forza Motorsport: Apex Leaves Beta, Wheel Support List Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Wheel Support.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have revealed a provisional list of supported wheels for the newly out of Beta Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and the forthcoming Forza Horizon 3 game.

Although initially pretty light on the number of supported wheels for both games, Turn 10 have announced additional wheels will be added to the list by the end of September, including the conspicuously absent Fanatec brand.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has been updated and wheel support added today, the update download is available now via the Windows 10 Store page for the game. Sadly H-pattern gear shifter support has not been added as yet for all wheel manufacturers, with Turn 10 stating "H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future."

The studio expect a further update beginning late September will bring support for Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Fanatec H-patten support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Check out the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these sims.

Are you happy to see wheel support finally added to Apex? Will this update tempt you to try the sim if you haven't already? Tried the update yet, does wheel support improve the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

I prefer Windows 10 to Windows 7 & 8 personally, just turned off all the telemetry options that send to data to Microsoft...
While I agree that W10 is a step in the right direction as far as advancement in features and technology, what it actually gives us in that regard does not outweigh that fact that it takes away our "choice" and overall control of our own hardware. Lol, I can't seem to respond to W10 without a rant of some sort, but I will end it by saying I didn't need or ask for the features, and I certainly don't need a relationship with a program called "Cortana" at the moment and above all, If MS wants to have total access to my computer than they can start paying for the hardware.
Telemetry is one thing, but total access is another.:O_o:

The FFB with my T300 is actually reasonable. Not going to compete with AC, rF2 or the rest, but once you turn it down a bit you get basic weight transfer, a small amount of road feel, rumble strips and oversteer/understeer cues. (I have T300 drivers on 75/100/100/0/0 and ended up at 65% in game)

Graphically it runs well and looks good. If the lighting model wasn't slightly off it would be the best looking PC racer of all (at least until Horizon 3 arrives). As it is, I prefer pCARS (both games on ultra settings at 1080p) but Forza is a close second when you can run it well above 60fps with large amounts of AA/AF applied.

Braking and the seeming heavy rear bias of all stock setups is a bit weird, but as long as you modulate the brake up to maximum 60% it's decent. Road cars give me more confidence that race cars, though. Compared to my last Forza (4) it's a big step forward and plenty fun as a semi-sim.

The tour is nicely done for entertainment, and the AI is plenty fast enough with only slight "ignore the player" tendencies.

In short, I'm very happy to have Forza on the PC with wheel support. Bring on updates to Apex and next year's Forza Motorsport 7!

P.S. If you want control over Win 10, go and get hold of the enterprise edition. Until Microsoft relaxes their stance it's the only option. I also don't like the choices MS has made (especially some of the new ones in the Anniversary Update), but they are hardly "boycott" level, just minor annoyances for 99% of people.

I finally got the update.

Graphically it is alright, but the gameplay is outright horrible. Even with the full steering simulation you can rock you wheel 90 degree left & right while doing slalom & it will follow a magical path on the racing line. There's like not much FFB if you follow the speed steering limit accordingly to the racing line path. You simply cruise & if done right, no FFB feel at all.

I finally got the update.

Graphically it is alright, but the gameplay is outright horrible. Even with the full steering simulation you can rock you wheel 90 degree left & right while doing slalom & it will follow a magical path on the racing line. There's like not much FFB if you follow the speed steering limit accordingly to the racing line path. You simply cruise & if done right, no FFB feel at all.
kk, the gameplay is outright horrible, but the graphic is gorgeous. Seem more like a fair overview. The steering wheel handling model & FFB is more natural in "The crew".

kk, the gameplay is outright horrible, but the graphic is gorgeous. Seem more like a fair overview. The steering wheel handling model & FFB is more natural in "The crew".
I don't know what wheel you're using but The Crew feels pretty bad on mine (Thrustmaster TX). APEX doesn't have much feel on smooth tracks/roads, unless going over a cobble-stone road for example, but I still get more feedback (shifting, engine, anti-lock braking, etc. feedback) than The Crew. Both are somewhat similar in weight transfer or curb/off-road feel but the Crew doesn't have any "vibration" feedback. I'll take APEX/FM and Horizon wheel feedback any day over the Crew. Both aren't in the same FFB universe with the good PC sims.

I think having PC sims in the number and quality we have right now is almost the definition of spoilt! Lol
I've played GT and Forza and to be honest both titles can't really lift a candle to any of the current sims we have on PC physics wise.
Graphically Forza Apex is looking very nice. But AC looks as good, is better optimized and trounces Forza on the physics to boot. imho

Of course, AC has a different target. In addition, APEX is a small beta PC test - nothing like Forza feature wise and content (something like 450 cars, 21 tracks). I'm hoping MS and T10 decide to bring the full Forza game to PC, it's a nice change of pace. No need to "compare", more games the better.
As for graphics, AC does look good graphically but the environments are very empty compared to Forza. Of course, if that isn't important than that won't be a purchasing decision point.

I do agree with your points to a certain degree. But I thought Forza was marketing itself as a racing simulation for consoles and is now trying to emulate this on the PC market?
It's not even about content. R3E has tons of official content. AMS has quite a lot of official content and tons of mods. We have options for content.
What I'm saying is that it looks very good but it's not supposed to be a change in pace, at least not for the developers.
They believe this is a racing sim that can take it to the likes of AC, R3E, rF2 etc. A change of pace is Horizon. And that comes out this month, so technically they have this void covered, wanted or not.
No. Apex is a toe tipping in the PC sim racing market. I'm just saying that in it's current guise it falls short.

I don't disagree if some look at MS/T10 as trying to target Forza as a racing sim... but you have to take everything a developer/publisher says with a grain of salt. PD's tagline for GT is "The Real Driving Simulator", I don't' think anyone actually thinks GT is on the same level as the good PC sims. In my opinion, MS/T10 is looking to sell a driving/racing/car enthusiast game to the PC gamer - I doubt they think it's a pretty rFactor 2. On the other side of the coin, they don't want to be lumped in with GRID or NFS type of completely arcade games. I think there are in a middle ground and do a great job in that niche. As for "change of pace" there is "a lot" more to do in FM than the typical PC sim, whether a person wants only racing features or the "extra" game features is a matter of preference.
It's a matter of opinion, I just look at APEX a little different. I never expected it to compete or replace my good PC sims. As for Forza Horizon 3, I agree this is a totally different target. I'm glad they are bringing both to the PC. Horizon 3 looks and performs (60FPS, UltaWide resolution) better on PC than my XOne.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back