FM8 Forza Motorsport 8 | Reveal Trailer... Revealed

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next title in line for the long running and highly popular Forza Motorsport franchise has been officially confirmed - welcome to the world Forza Motorsport 8.
  • New game set to debut on Xbox One, Xbox X devices and PC.
  • New title provisionally labelled just 'Forza Motorsport' - suggesting something of a reboot for the series.
  • Ray Tracing, native 4K, and 60 FPS confirmed.

Frankly, we don't yet know much about the new Forza Motorsport game other than what can be seen on the brand new announcement trailer below. We know it will again return on both the new generation Xbox consoles and PC, and that the studio are targeting an impressive 60fps, native 4k and ray tracing technology, but those things aside details are fairly thin on the ground for what is set to become the eighth instalment to the mainstream Forza Motorsport series of games.

Curiously, it appears that the new title won't be following the naming convention of those games previously released into the series, with Turn 10 Studios having dropped the '8' from pre release footage of the new Forza title. Does this mean we are looking at a different development direction for the new game? Interesting times ahead for one of the most popular racing game franchises on consoles. Whatever direction Turn 10 eventually take with the new title, one this is for sure, its highly likely to be very pretty indeed...

Forza 1.jpg

Original Source: Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport is currently under development for Xbox One X and PC.

Want to discuss the title in more detail with your fellow Forza fans? Sit tight while the forum magic happens and a new Forza Motorsport (8) sub forum appears here at RaceDepartment.

Forza 2.jpg

Last edited:
It's interesting. I've been waiting for it for a long time. Now playing a lot of things again. Don't know if this is correct?
The new set of games will launch on Xbox One, Xbox X and PC devices.
The new title is temporarily just labeled 'Forza Motorsport' - hinting at something of a reboot for the series.
Ray Tracing, Native 4K and 60 FPS confirmed.

I think it's going to be for Series X / S and PC and not include Xbox One's based on what I've seen online. I hope so, it would make sense to abandon the underpowered CPUs in the XBox One line up and would be another reasosn they are ok to delay the release knowing that the install base of Series consoles will be bigger by 2022.

As for the title I think it will be just 'Forza Motorsport' and I wouldn't be suprised if it is going to be more of a service like iRacing & RaceRoom, so it just comes bundled with Game Pass maybe not quite like the new Halo multi player being free to play but just as part of your standard monthly fee like F7 and FH4 are right now.

I don't think for a racing franchises it makes sense to keep resetting your audience car collections etc especially if you go with quality over quantity for your car content. That would take time to build up and thus fit a gaming as a service model better.

That's why it's 'Forza Motorsport' - because like Halo Infinite they probably see this as a long term plan (Halo is 10 years at the moment I believe) so there are no incremental releases it just keeps on trucking and gets new content and engine updates, think of World of Tanks that sort of thing.

After all if you have spent 5 years making it you may as well get 10 years out of it or more.

Just spitballing!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing