FM8 Forza Motorsport 8 | Reveal Trailer... Revealed

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next title in line for the long running and highly popular Forza Motorsport franchise has been officially confirmed - welcome to the world Forza Motorsport 8.
  • New game set to debut on Xbox One, Xbox X devices and PC.
  • New title provisionally labelled just 'Forza Motorsport' - suggesting something of a reboot for the series.
  • Ray Tracing, native 4K, and 60 FPS confirmed.

Frankly, we don't yet know much about the new Forza Motorsport game other than what can be seen on the brand new announcement trailer below. We know it will again return on both the new generation Xbox consoles and PC, and that the studio are targeting an impressive 60fps, native 4k and ray tracing technology, but those things aside details are fairly thin on the ground for what is set to become the eighth instalment to the mainstream Forza Motorsport series of games.

Curiously, it appears that the new title won't be following the naming convention of those games previously released into the series, with Turn 10 Studios having dropped the '8' from pre release footage of the new Forza title. Does this mean we are looking at a different development direction for the new game? Interesting times ahead for one of the most popular racing game franchises on consoles. Whatever direction Turn 10 eventually take with the new title, one this is for sure, its highly likely to be very pretty indeed...

Forza 1.jpg

Original Source: Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport is currently under development for Xbox One X and PC.

Want to discuss the title in more detail with your fellow Forza fans? Sit tight while the forum magic happens and a new Forza Motorsport (8) sub forum appears here at RaceDepartment.

Forza 2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree not my kind of game (arcade) but the graphics are stunning cant see why the sims of today cant reproduce these kind of graphics, is it because of the game engine they are using or they just seem too spend most of their efforts on the simulation side?
If a console can handle these kind of graphics today's computers sure can.

I think it is simply because the companies that sell the arcade games are richer, they have more resources, more money and employees... hence they can spend more time and effort with these commercial games which attrack the youngest customers,
so the product has to be more graphically appealing.

The more serious racing Sims have a norrower market, much less people are interested in them, so their developers can't spend
much time and money in them... I'm sure that most Sim companies would also like to make their simulators look fantastic,
ultra-realistic, but that would cost them much more money to produce them.

Who buys videogames the most? The youngest, and by the millions - so the money is there. Big companies know this perfectly.

I think it is simply because the companies that sell the arcade games are richer, they have more resources, more money and employees... hence they can spend more time and effort with these commercial games which attrack the youngest customers,
so the product has to be more graphically appealing.

The more serious racing Sims have a norrower market, much less people is interested in them, so their developers can't spend
much time and money in them... I'm sure that most Sim companies would also like to make their simulators look fantastic,
ultra-realistic, but that would cost them much more money to produce them.

Who buys videogames the most? The youngest, and by the millions - so the money is there. Big companies know this perfectly.
You hit the nail on the head, basically what I was thinking really.

I'm not familiar with console games, but by watching this video i become very intrigued by seeing official IMSA content, at least it got my attention. I googled about this and it seems that Forza is still trying to be "jack of all trades, master of none game". I would pay gold for a full WEC/IMSA game with good physics and gameplay.
you're better off getting another game because you won't find that in Forza.

I'm not familiar with console games, but by watching this video i become very intrigued by seeing official IMSA content, at least it got my attention. I googled about this and it seems that Forza is still trying to be "jack of all trades, master of none game". I would pay gold for a full WEC/IMSA game with good physics and gameplay.
s
just because it has amazing series in it doesn't mean it a good racer, this is a game not sim, its made so autistic kids or slower brained people can pick up and play, as of last release its a complete joke, unless you just wanna wreak and drive stupid i wouldn't ever suggest this series until they get off xbox and make a true sim, the community literally makes you wanna kill yourself its that bad xD

Are we going to still get the same car parts upgrades that have been around since 2007? Or will we see new stuff? I'd like to see a 'Turbo Tuning' & 'Exhaust Tuning' App in the game. And the ability to buy ECU's in the game and tune those as well all on the 'Forza Dyno'. If you have all seen the old software called "Desktop Dyno" you'll know what I mean. You can design (mathematically with graphic) cylinder Heads in there too.

I think that would add yet another tuning element to the game instead of just buy part, replace part and you're stuck with the same number across the board for all players. It would be really cool if we had an 'Engine Tuning/Design' App as well where we can bore the cylinder out or increase the stroke. And a 'CAM Shaft Balancing' App where the player runs it and actually has to input data and remove metal or all weight to the correct side of the shaft. And use Lobe profiles and what not.

There's so many things we can do now that we could not accomplish before with the technology we have in place now. You could even have a tune market where players can purchase tunes to flash their car with in-game currency earned from racing.

And players would be able to design parts for cars as well well like turbos, manifolds, exhaust and internal engine components using real world material and density data (players cant change mechanical properties and are server side only).

Example:

The player would input measurements lets say for a flywheel in an excel style format with a rudimentary graphic that gives some visual representation of the part. There would be limits to what the real car can actually fit. I'll have to draw this to show you.

Or you could design a Transmission with say a magnesium casing (base on the cars actual geometry it has currently) and straight cut gears. You would have to have some understanding of gear ratios and a little more than basic mathematics. But this would come at a cost. Meaning, you buy a C8 Corvette but throw a "designed" transmission in that could possibly hinder your car. Or you put to big of a turbo in and not any supporting hardware or software and blow your motor or not gain any performance at all.

As you can I think about this and day dream about a game like this a lot. They can call the tuning App something like "F-Tune".

see this too:

https://www.automationgame.com

on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/293760/Automation__The_Car_Company_Tycoon_Game/

dude this a simcade. if Gran Turismo won't do it I'm pretty sure a simcade like forza won't lose it's core customers to make their games much more on the sim side. It is going to be copy and paste with a few new features from the last game.

• Deleted member 197115

Found some more recent info on the title https://www.gfinityesports.com/gami...rack-list-features-xbox-one-series-x-turn-10/
This part in particular is interesting
New Features
According to leaks from @IdleSloth84, the new Forza will resemble that of a reboot/reimagining of the mainline Forza series taking it back more so than ever to its sim roots.

Here's what the new game is rumoured to bring to it:

• New tire pressure model
  • Dynamic track temperatures
  • New atmosphere pressure system, affecting air density, dynamics and power
  • Redesigned suspension system with ned modeling
  • New ranked online system
  • New integrated online Ghosting System
  • Tracks have full day and night cycles depending on race length/track
  • Rubber in on tracks
  • New heat interaction with tire pressure
  • Expanded race capacity
  • Off-road racing on land or gravel
  • Rally races will also be present
  • Clubs Return

Cars
Recent rumours have made it clear there won't be hundreds of cars at launch, Turn 10 is supposedly targeting quality over quantity - focusing on car detail, track detail and much more.

Career Mode
Career Mode has reportedly had a full overhaul, @IdleSloth84 compares it to the Need For Speed story modes with character cinematics and a full-blown storyline.

It follows a Calendar event style (location to location) and a progression system like Forza Motorsport 4.

Epic provides the developers with the Unreal Engine so that third parties can develop their games! Why doesn't Turn 10 do the same thing and provide its engine to these small simulator companies to achieve cutting-edge graphics quality?

I don't see much point to move Unreal Engine, their own engine is much better. Forza Horizon 4 looks beautiful and it's running smoother than example ACC or any other Unreal Engine game. Only downside is VR support, but they could add it to FM8 if they want it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking (hoping) they double down on the actual racing this time and not get cought up with needing 100's of cars and upgrades etc.

Forza now has another established franchise in Horizion for that type of collecting and upgrading.

It would make sense to cut this games content back and focus on quality, which is what I've been seeing suggested online.

I wouldn't be supprised if there nose is a little out of joint with seeing the successes of GT Sport and ACC for that matter which both are more focused games with less content to polish/balance and are more centered on actual racing (I know that sounds weird but I think you get what I mean).

GT Sport has completely overshadowed Forza for ESports for example. Hell it's even in the olympics and when you watch GT Sport ESports in the studios they set up they are using wheels which makes it feel more like a sport. In contrast when you see Forza ESports it's a controller and gaming chair. It just looks a bit crap in comparison.

I would hope if they do a big push on ESports then they could have both controller and a wheelbase competitions to appeal to both player types.

"8 points of contact tire model (get this ACC :)) and 360hz physics update rate."

With this they have the chance to appeal to the couch drivers and the rig drivers and push more into the sim market - the tricky bit is the ballance of controller vs wheelbase if they can get that right that one isn't destroying the other or find a good why to keep them separate if people want, like wheel only lobbys then I can't see why they can set them self up to be taken more serously as a sim.

They have the tech to do itin the Forza Tech engine. It could be class if used right and now they have the power with the Series X to produce a game with physics PC players would accept as a sim.

They need to go Series X up though and cut out Xbox One. SONY is making a mistake with GT7 now being for PS4 up from what I've seen online.

Lets see what they show at E3 this Sunday :)

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the game will offer 8 million cars as standard and 14 billion in DLC.

There will be a single track with 100 variants including a single straight.

There will even be the official cover with the RaceDepartment logo and Hamilton singing on the guitar.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%