FM8 Forza Motorsport 8 | Reveal Trailer... Revealed

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next title in line for the long running and highly popular Forza Motorsport franchise has been officially confirmed - welcome to the world Forza Motorsport 8.
  • New game set to debut on Xbox One, Xbox X devices and PC.
  • New title provisionally labelled just 'Forza Motorsport' - suggesting something of a reboot for the series.
  • Ray Tracing, native 4K, and 60 FPS confirmed.

Frankly, we don't yet know much about the new Forza Motorsport game other than what can be seen on the brand new announcement trailer below. We know it will again return on both the new generation Xbox consoles and PC, and that the studio are targeting an impressive 60fps, native 4k and ray tracing technology, but those things aside details are fairly thin on the ground for what is set to become the eighth instalment to the mainstream Forza Motorsport series of games.

Curiously, it appears that the new title won't be following the naming convention of those games previously released into the series, with Turn 10 Studios having dropped the '8' from pre release footage of the new Forza title. Does this mean we are looking at a different development direction for the new game? Interesting times ahead for one of the most popular racing game franchises on consoles. Whatever direction Turn 10 eventually take with the new title, one this is for sure, its highly likely to be very pretty indeed...

Forza 1.jpg

Original Source: Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport is currently under development for Xbox One X and PC.

Want to discuss the title in more detail with your fellow Forza fans? Sit tight while the forum magic happens and a new Forza Motorsport (8) sub forum appears here at RaceDepartment.

Forza 2.jpg

Last edited:
I tried Forza (7?) once on an Xbox demo stand and bossed it on Nordschleife with minimum effort. It says more about the game than me, I'm sure. I like the concept, though. Not every game has to be hardcore sim.

However, I can't go flat screen... Has VR support been mentioned or excluded for Forza 8?

What is new about it? Looks like a rehash of the previous one aimed at milking the usual suspects, they love it why not ask for a little more money?
A new game would at least have vr for PC in 2020/21!
As long as they sold the same old same old who could blame them to take the easy road like they have done (so successfully) for years?

Last edited:
they cant get the trailer right. There are people wearing helmets in the garage for starters and one of them is drinking coffee. no thanks
they have straws and drink buttons :) but yeha,
having helmets is just a way to reduce how many faces they need to make. It's still very hard to make good looking human head in games, let alone for racing sim where this is far from priority

but yeah, helmets do make this scene look bit silly

Are we going to still get the same car parts upgrades that have been around since 2007? Or will we see new stuff? I'd like to see a 'Turbo Tuning' & 'Exhaust Tuning' App in the game. And the ability to buy ECU's in the game and tune those as well all on the 'Forza Dyno'. If you have all seen the old software called "Desktop Dyno" you'll know what I mean. You can design (mathematically with graphic) cylinder Heads in there too.

I think that would add yet another tuning element to the game instead of just buy part, replace part and you're stuck with the same number across the board for all players. It would be really cool if we had an 'Engine Tuning/Design' App as well where we can bore the cylinder out or increase the stroke. And a 'CAM Shaft Balancing' App where the player runs it and actually has to input data and remove metal or all weight to the correct side of the shaft. And use Lobe profiles and what not.

There's so many things we can do now that we could not accomplish before with the technology we have in place now. You could even have a tune market where players can purchase tunes to flash their car with in-game currency earned from racing.

And players would be able to design parts for cars as well well like turbos, manifolds, exhaust and internal engine components using real world material and density data (players cant change mechanical properties and are server side only).

Example:

The player would input measurements lets say for a flywheel in an excel style format with a rudimentary graphic that gives some visual representation of the part. There would be limits to what the real car can actually fit. I'll have to draw this to show you.

Or you could design a Transmission with say a magnesium casing (base on the cars actual geometry it has currently) and straight cut gears. You would have to have some understanding of gear ratios and a little more than basic mathematics. But this would come at a cost. Meaning, you buy a C8 Corvette but throw a "designed" transmission in that could possibly hinder your car. Or you put to big of a turbo in and not any supporting hardware or software and blow your motor or not gain any performance at all.

As you can I think about this and day dream about a game like this a lot. They can call the tuning App something like "F-Tune".

see this too:

https://www.automationgame.com

on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/293760/Automation__The_Car_Company_Tycoon_Game/

Last edited:
As others have already commented about, for me if they do include VR support for this new version,
I may think about it. I do have version 7 and hardly do play time on it. Not just because no VR, i find
my other racing games more main stream and fun to drive then Microsoft's games.

I just don't understand why Xbox doesn't even acknowledge VR when MS have their own line of headsets for PC, it is just so bizarre :unsure:at this point especially with next gen consoles around the corner. They'd sell way more PC copies instantly and VR isn't going anywhere especially with racing games and racing sims. I also find it hard to comprehend that when the Xbox pro came out it didn't support their own headsets and they even back then refused to acknowledge the existence of VR.

I have been saying for 4 years now Forza would be a great break from sims once in a while and everybody I know with an Xbox has it so online races would be a great way to catch up with friends I don't see often or game online with often (I know that sounds cheesy, but this is what happens to grown ups). I have no doubt the engine and T10 with their huge team and budget can easily add VR to the PC version, I'm just baffled at this point.

(For the record since I started sim racing 5 years ago I haven't played a Forza game. I recall having a couple of races, shaking my head in confusion on how the FFB was so terrible after I read that version had a "wheel guy" on the dev team working on FFB. I then laughed hysterically and dumbfounded as I uninstalled it.)

t was just a joke but if I remember correctly Simbin announced that they partnered up with WEC for GTR3 a couple of years ago but no word about the whole thing after that.
You don't remember correctly. They never announced such thing.

There was a bit of a mess with a random tweet from some random game production company, claiming GTR3 will be a WEC game, though, and certain simracing sites presenting that tweet as a verified announcement and defending its reputability very hard.

Turned out to be complete bogus, and the closest the supposed GTR3 apparently ever got to the WEC license was hoping they might get it.

You don't remember correctly. They never announced such thing.

There was a bit of a mess with a random tweet from some random game production company, claiming GTR3 will be a WEC game, though, and certain simracing sites presenting that tweet as a verified announcement and defending its reputability very hard.

Turned out to be complete bogus, and the closest the supposed GTR3 apparently ever got to the WEC license was hoping they might get it.

Ah, didn’t realize that. I did remember an article here on RD that stated the WEC license but that was probably based on the tweet you mentioned.

I think the Forza games are great - in this what they are ! These are no sims and they should not want to be.
I like and buy this games and chill out sometimes with them ONLY with a xbox controller. Amazing content and stunning visuals thats for sure. And a fun with gamepad also....
So nothing to say against but i think the racedepartment is not the right place for Forza`s and co ;)

Agreed. Reading all these news on arcade games, but a bit surprised they
are offered here...

Anyway, I won't ever buy nor 'play' anywhere these kind of games, not
interested at all. But, one thing that interests me is their graphical
quality - I want to see how new games are improved, if they are
already next gen, and hoping these improvements will come one
day to our simulators.

Agreed. Reading all these news on arcade games, but a bit surprised they
are offered here...

Anyway, I won't ever buy nor 'play' anywhere these kind of games, not
interested at all. But, one thing that interests me is their graphical
quality - I want to see how new games are improved, if they are
already next gen, and hoping these improvements will come one
day to our simulators.
I agree not my kind of game (arcade) but the graphics are stunning cant see why the sims of today cant reproduce these kind of graphics, is it because of the game engine they are using or they just seem too spend most of their efforts on the simulation side?
If a console can handle these kind of graphics today's computers sure can.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%