FM8 Forza Motorsport 8 | Reveal Trailer... Revealed

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next title in line for the long running and highly popular Forza Motorsport franchise has been officially confirmed - welcome to the world Forza Motorsport 8.
  • New game set to debut on Xbox One, Xbox X devices and PC.
  • New title provisionally labelled just 'Forza Motorsport' - suggesting something of a reboot for the series.
  • Ray Tracing, native 4K, and 60 FPS confirmed.

Frankly, we don't yet know much about the new Forza Motorsport game other than what can be seen on the brand new announcement trailer below. We know it will again return on both the new generation Xbox consoles and PC, and that the studio are targeting an impressive 60fps, native 4k and ray tracing technology, but those things aside details are fairly thin on the ground for what is set to become the eighth instalment to the mainstream Forza Motorsport series of games.

Curiously, it appears that the new title won't be following the naming convention of those games previously released into the series, with Turn 10 Studios having dropped the '8' from pre release footage of the new Forza title. Does this mean we are looking at a different development direction for the new game? Interesting times ahead for one of the most popular racing game franchises on consoles. Whatever direction Turn 10 eventually take with the new title, one this is for sure, its highly likely to be very pretty indeed...

Forza 1.jpg

Original Source: Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport is currently under development for Xbox One X and PC.

Want to discuss the title in more detail with your fellow Forza fans? Sit tight while the forum magic happens and a new Forza Motorsport (8) sub forum appears here at RaceDepartment.

Forza 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with console games, but by watching this video i become very intrigued by seeing official IMSA content, at least it got my attention. I googled about this and it seems that Forza is still trying to be "jack of all trades, master of none game". I would pay gold for a full WEC/IMSA game with good physics and gameplay.

Well then also stay tuned for GTR3 which is set to release shortly after the next mass extinction event in about 130 million years!

I tried to play Forza 7 with a steering wheel the other day and it was so strange. It felt like every input I made took seconds before the car would react.

I'd be pretty keen on an improved version though so hoping Forza 8 can manage that.

Halo seems like it was developed with the current gen in mind, Microsoft says they are yet to turn on ray tracing (it will be there for the new console).

Digital Foundry posted an interesting video on the subject.

Yes i see it, after ray racing is a thing but if you have crappy textures, no effects and more... you can't call this a next gen game.

After i have more hope in studio of Forza

Well then also stay tuned for GTR3 which is set to release shortly after the next mass extinction event in about 130 million years!

Call me idiot but i don't get it! What does GTR3 have anything to do with my comment? Will it feature WEC or IMSA ? Anyway lol i didn't know that GTR3 was being resurrected by some mysterious necromancer .

Anyway i was not praising Forza due to the nature of being jack of all trades master of none, like any console game.

Call me idiot but i don't get it! What does GTR3 have anything to do with my comment? Will it feature WEC or IMSA ? Anyway lol i didn't know that GTR3 was being resurrected by some mysterious necromancer .

Anyway i was not praising Forza due to the nature of being jack of all trades master of none, like any console game.

It was just a joke but if I remember correctly Simbin announced that they partnered up with WEC for GTR3 a couple of years ago but no word about the whole thing after that. And considering the screenshots they released there’s a good chance they’ll include GTD as well so IMSA would seem to be a logical option. But still: That’s gonna take a while.. ;)

Last edited:
Hhhmmm, next gen consoles are going to be powerful and are capable to run awesome graphics/detail.

On gfx side, next gen games are now almost too clean, shiny etc, so gfx is not looking a very realistic. Maybe it’s mean to be that way, but...
I really hope that game developers will add extra attention to others areas of the game in the future, not only extra awesome gfx side, because there will be enough power run more realistic physics etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%