FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 October Update Now Live

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Turn 10 Studios have been busy despite the worldwide release of Horizon 4 today, deploying the big Forza 7 October update and Drift Car Pack DLC to the game.

Available today on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, Forza Motorsport 7 has been updated! Of course no update for the popular Xbox racer would be complete without a customary DLC car pack accompaniment, and this month is absolutely no different - Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft welcoming the not particularly exotically named 'Drift Car Pack' DLC to the title.

Dealing with the new DLC first, the Drift Car Pack includes a nice selection of seven high performance and highly customised drift machines from pick up trucks to American muscle cars and with a fair bit in between! The Drift Car Pack certainly has something for everyone with a keen eye for the sideways action and is available for players who pre-ordered the digital version of Forza Horizon 4. The seven car pack is available in both Horizon 4 and in Forza Motorsport 7.

So, let's have a look at the cars from the pack shall we?

1989 #98 BMW 325i
FM7 1989 #98 BMW 325i.jpg

1995 #118 Nissan 240SX
FM7 1995 #118 Nissan 240SX .jpg

1996 #232 Nissan 240SX
FM7 1996 #232 Nissan 240SX .jpg

1997 #777 Nissan 240SX
FM7 1997 #777 Nissan 240SX .jpg

2006 #43 Dodge Viper SRT10
FM7 2006 #43 Dodge Viper SRT10 .jpg

2016 #530 HSV Maloo GEN-F
FM7 2016 #530 HSV Maloo GEN-F.jpg

2015 #13 Ford Roush Mustang
FM7 2015 #13 Ford Roush Mustang .jpg

As well as those seven DLC cars, October also brings with it a new Forza Motorsport 7 'Spotlight' car. This month, we get to enjoy the very attractive 1986 Merkur #11 MAC Tools XR4Ti:

FM7 1986 Merkur #11 MAC Tools XR4Ti.jpg

The Merkur XR4Ti, sold by Lincoln and Mercury dealers in the mid to late 1980s, was a welcome anomaly in the American market; a risk undertaken by Ford Motor Company to introduce a car in the U.S. that you might otherwise only expect to see in Europe. To support the success of the production model, the #11 MAC Tools XR4Ti was built to compete in the IMSA and Trans-Am series. With top drivers like Scott Pruett, Pete Halsmer, and Lyn St. James behind the wheel, the racecar saw much success. This racer is, of course, a tube-frame chassis with a silhouette body that only mildly resembles the production model. However, the distinctive double-wing was the same design you could buy at your local dealer. The other big difference was the nearly 600 hp generated by the race-prepped V-8, more than double the power of the factory model.

To celebrate the Merkur XR-4Ti, Turn 10 have added a special edition Merkur Rivals event. Players who proceed to set a time in this event will be rewarded with a an in game 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR... which isn't bad going now, is it?

So what about the update I hear you say? Well fear note, here are the full update notes from the October 2nd 2018 new build deployment:

TRACKS
  • We’ve corrected areas that were causing unexpected “invisible” collisions near barriers for players across a number of tracks, including Daytona Sports Car Circuit, Dubai Full Circuit Reverse, Bathurst, Maple Valley Short Circuit Reverse, and Road Atlanta.

CARS
  • We addressed numerous issues with the 2018 KTM X-Bow GT4 with this update, including fixing an issue where the brake lights on the car do not illuminate on the ground when being driven by Drivatar. In addition to this change, we’ve also addressed issues with decals not appearing on this car and corrected an issue that allowed only half of the car’s hood to be paintable. We also corrected side mirrors which were not functioning properly.
  • This update fixes an issue where, if a player hovers over a car in Car Select then hovers over a different car, then returns to the original car, the headlights for that car will be turned on when racing on tracks at night.
  • Fixed an issue where the interior of the 2016 Lotus 3-Eleven is missing when driving in chase camera view.
  • Fixed an issue where only one body kit option was present in the Conversion > Body Kit menu for the 1974 Holden Sandman HQ panel van, despite there being two available body kits available.
  • Changed name for the September Spotlight car to the 1984 Nissan #11 Tomica Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed an issue where some players in private MP lobbies would get trapped in the End of Race leaderboard screen when transitioning “Game Type” from Meetups to Tag.
  • Fixed an issue where the Gamertag of a player who joins a public MP Meetup hopper in mid-session will not be visible to other players in the hopper.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

Check out the Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest from the smash hit Forza racing game franchise.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new DLC? Do you like the latest update to FM7? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
hehehe
Not everyone's sim history has console/arcade

Just brought my first FM on recent 50% sale along with my first ever gamepad since before Indy500 :p..............I don't know should I be embarrassed or happy I stuck to sims ?

When not wanting to use simulator and on cheap 40' 1080 TV it looks and runs fine
TM GP controller works better then I imagined as well

I tried FH demo and to me even using gamepad stands out more on the side of arcade then FM
FM I get more feel under-steer, over-steer, body roll
Probably I imagine it :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza 7 is tremendous fun. Not everything has to be a hardcore sim.
Perhaps if you bothered to finish reading my comment before getting all defensive you would understand my meaning. The new forza is out, the new forza can now be played for free for two weeks, but thats not an option for everyone so the new forza can then be played for a month for around 10% of its normal price. Its not about sim racing, its simply that the new game is out for ridiculously cheap. Its great that you can have fun in forza 7 but you are missing out if are skipping horizon

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought FM7 yesterday, so that has to be me!
I needed some break from hardcore sims and to spend the time before ACC update 2 release.
And it is not very good. :D

Awful career mode, that forces you to jump from one car to another and requiring you to race with cars you are not interested in. AI making you spin on every pass, during collisions acting like they don't have brakes. Main progress indicator of your driver profile being number and rarity of collected cars... ugh.

It used to be a racing game I was a big fan of. I'm not sure what it becomes, though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%