FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 July Update Includes Free Cars and a new DLC

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 has been updated - the July update adding plenty of improvements and releasing the Porsche Spotlight Cars and the Top Gear Car Pack.

Regarding new content, the Porsche Spotlight Cars has been added as free content to current owners of the game and brings the 917/20, aka the “Pink Pig” alongside the 2019 911 GT3 RS. Both cars will be made available for download at no additional cost to players.

Alongside these two free additions comes the Top Gear Car Pack, a new DLC containing seven significant cars from the history of the automobile, has chosen by both the team at Top Gear and Turn 10 Studios themselves, more details of which can be found below:

2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast
FM7 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast.jpg

In the mid-1960s Ferrari produced 36 Superfast super coupes for some of the world’s elite car lovers. That V12 made nearly 400 hp and reached a top speed of 175 mph. Now, that Superfast namesake is represented in the replacement for the outgoing F12 model. The front-mounted V12 now makes nearly 800 hp, with a gloriously deafening 8,900 RPM redline that will push the new Superfast to 60 mph in less than three seconds and blast its way to a 211 mph top speed. The 812 Superfast is a triple threat – well-appointed, beautiful, and capable of astonishing performance. In other words, it’s another wonderous addition to the Ferrari legacy.

2018 McLaren 720 S
FM7 2018 McLaren 720 S.jpg
“A relentless pursuit of performance where form follows function.” These are words McLaren uses to describe their process for building their bespoke supercars. Starting on the inside of the 720 S, McLaren utilizes a one-piece carbon fiber tub that now includes the roof to create profound chassis rigidity and strength. The fully active suspension is built to translate every turn into an amazing experience that can make any driver feel like a hero. Perhaps most notable is the thunderous and powerful 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8. Just dip your foot into that throttle and it will become very evident why nothing else feels like a McLaren. It’s no surprise that the 720 S takes its design cues from the great white shark; like the ocean’s top predator, this supercar is built to hunt apexes on every road it encounters.

2017 Vuhl 05RR
FM7 2017 Vuhl 05RR.jpg
When VUHL (Vehicles of Ultra-light and High-performance) brought their “ultimate race car for the road” to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2013, the flock of consummate car connoisseurs in attendance were quite impressed. With good reason, considering the car’s appearance and amazing power-to-weight ratio. Now, the 05RR has taken a leap to the even more extreme edge of performance, adding roughly 100 horsepower while dropping even more weight. One look around the VUHL and its purpose is clear: dominate the track while barely remaining street legal. You won’t find luxuries or amenities, but you will find every component that lends itself to car control optimally placed and engineered for simplicity. Run this machine against other ultimate track-toys or the best of the supercar world; you’ll be surprised how it matches up.

2018 Exomotive Exocet Sport V8 XP-5
FM7 2018 Exomotive Exocet Sport V8 XP-5.jpg

Anyone can tell you the Mazda Miata checks all the boxes for fun and performance. The Exomotive Exocet chassis takes all that goodness of the Miata and offers a way to convert it to an entirely new level of performance. Using the latest CAD and Finite Element Analysis, the engineers at Exocet offer a reinforced exoskeleton chassis that utilizes a donor Miata’s components to create the ultimate track-going go-kart. In the Sport V8 XP-5 dress, you have Chevrolet LS3 power and a T56 transmission connected to Cadillac CTS-V rear end, making the kit wickedly responsive. The resulting power-to-weight ratio puts the Exocet in the hypercar performance class. This mighty-mite will dish out a supreme helping of fun and excitement on track or anywhere you drive it.

2018 KTM X-Bow GT4
FM7 2018 KTM X-Bow GT4.jpg

The X-Bow – that’s pronounced “cross-bow” for the record – is one of the most extreme-looking track toys out there, so one might wonder what KTM could do to take it to the next level. The answer is not always more power or less weight. The jet fighter-like canopy of the GT4 increases aerodynamics and stops your face from peeling off at high speeds. The company has made this track-only weapon more durable, decreasing racing costs and improving dependability. Since you will find the X-Bow in many of the top racing series, such as the Pirelli World Challenge or even the VLN series at the Nürburgring, knowing that the cost of winning just went down should make that path to victory that much easier to find. For those enjoying it in Forza, well, just keep putting it to the test and enjoying every mile.

1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS
FM7 1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS.jpg

After Porsche made a run at Formula One in the early 1960s the company returned to sportscar racing in earnest. In 1962 Ferdinand A. “Butzi” Porsche took on the designing of the new two-seat competition coupe that would replace the aging 718. The 904 utilized the same mid-engine layout of its predecessor but would be the first Porsche to use a ladder chassis and a fiberglass body. At 190-horsepower, the 2.0-liter flat-six engine was potent and reliable. The illustrious 904 went on to rack up race wins and class wins, marking the dawn of a new era for Porsche’s racing record. With fewer than 150 models built for homologation and racing, the 904 has garnered ever-increasing real-world auction prices. It’s a rare and beautiful piece of racing history that we can now all get to know much better.

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
FM7 1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta.jpg
Alfa Romeo’s racing history can hardly be matched by any manufacturer. Prior to World War II, Alfas completely dominated the most prestigious races, winning the Mille Miglia nine times in ten years and collecting four consecutive victories at Le Mans from 1931-1934. After the war, design trended to a more mass-market approach, with performance still at the heart of every vehicle. The Giulietta (pronounced juh-lee-etta) debuted at the Turin Auto Show in 1954 and was welcomed with open arms by the car-buying public. At the heart of the beautiful details that make up the Giulietta is a 1.3-liter twin-cam, aluminum-block four-cylinder. Its 90 hp delivers a drive that is far from mundane and its enrapturing engine song has built a lifelong following for the many loyal Alfa fans of the world.

As always new content usual grabs most of the headlines, however Turn 10 have also been busy behind the scenes working on new features and improvements to the title, the fruit of which can be seen as part of the latest update notes found below:

July 10, 2018
The July update for Forza Motorsport 7 is here! This update includes lots of new features and improvements, including:
  • Unlocking 118 previously exclusive locked cars, making them available for purchase for in-game credits.
  • Lobby hosts can now remove griefers from a lobby during a race.
  • Improved scrolling performance in Car Select screens.
  • New Spotlight cars: the 1971 Porsche #23 917/20 and the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • The Top Gear Car Pack, which is included for players who own the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass.

GENERAL
  • Added “B” button (back) functionality to DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen.
  • Fixed an issue on the DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen, where moving the right stick down would scroll all screens simultaneously.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI map for Prague Short points in the wrong direction.
  • Fixed an issue on Windows 10 PC versions of the game, where the “Select” button would ray out when moving the mouse off the hopper you attempt to enter.
  • Added title text to the flyout menu that appears when trying to save a replay without keywords.
  • Main menu buttons are no longer temporarily grayed out when dismissing the news message pop-up.
  • • Fixed an issue where players who previously lost save game data on their profile were unable to download tunes they created.
  • • Fixed an issue where, for PC players in Ultrawide settings, taking a photo with all UI hidden will still show camera settings displayed in the shot.
  • • Car loading in Car Select screens will begin once the player stops scrolling through the menu, increasing performance.

LIVERY EDITOR
  • Fixed an issue where audio would play continuously when moving an element then turning Snap Mode on. 274827

RIVALS
  • Fixed an issue where some players could not see event restrictions in Rivals challenges during the pre-race menu lobby.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed an issue where players who disconnected in public MP lobbies while waiting in the “Install Parts” flyout would be left alone in the lobby after backing out, instead of sending them to hopper select.
  • Fixed an issue where players entering Test Drive in a lobby just as the first car finishes the race will cause the player to disconnect from the session when the next race begins.
  • Fixed an issue where players who were disconnected from League races are unable to rejoin the League hoppers and saw a “Failed due to lobby mismatch” error.

TUNING
  • Fixed an issue where client never fetches tunes past the 8th item on the list.

CARS
  • Steering wheel is no longer visible in the Subaru WRX STI VT15r Rally Car when using wheel-less cockpit view.
  • Fixed an issue where tuning sliders and arrows were not grayed out for areas that were not adjustable with your car’s applied upgrades.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were seeing four 205/55R16 options when upgrading the front tire width, and two 305/35R16 options when upgrading rear tire width on the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.
  • Fixed description for body kit upgrades in the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.

AUCTION HOUSE
  • Fixed an issue where the car information screen in the Auction House was not showing specific bonuses for Forza Edition cars.
  • Fixed an issue where selling a tuned Hyundai Veloser N or Veloster Turbo in the Auction House would cause the game to crash.

SPECTATE
  • Fixed an issue where, if a player disconnects from the network by pulling their Ethernet cable, the Race Info page and the Ticker would show DNF and no Gamertag.

FORZATHON
  • Fixed an issue where the #Forzathon tile would occasionally display “Coming Soon” even when #Forzathon events were live.
  • Fixed an issue where, after completing a race and gaining progress on a #Forzathon Challenge, the progress toast appears, then disappears before reappearing and playing the intended animation.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

Check out the Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest from the smash hit Forza racing game franchise.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Happy with the current state of the title? Like the new DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
FFB mostly, yes, plus effect of car setup changes, aero, tires heating and wearing, etc.
I don't care about how sophisticated the engine and tire model are (cough PCars2) if I can't feel all its glory via FFB.
It may not be that bad by Forza standards but definitely not up to the level of proper sims, nor I think it's even meant to be.

The point is that you can feel it with new FFB that is calculated from physics.
But I feel that you have made up your mind, having tried one of the older versions of EmuWheel which doesn't calculate FFB but redirects game FFB to your wheel with a few tweaks and concluded that it is not up to the standard you' re expecting from sims, and there is literally nothing that could convince you otherwise, because you're not even open to idea of trying out the new version.
Which is fine, but is also kind a stubborn imho.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Whatever magic you use is not going to change how car reacts to the input and setup changes.
And Forza behaves as typical simcade, nothing wrong with that but even the best FFB in the world is not going to magically transfer it into hardcore simulator.
And Turn 10 never pursued this goal, it's typical "get in/instantly feel good" simcade, and will never be at the level of AC or AMS. Just made for completely different audience.
Many like it this way, and Forza user base size speaks for itself, but some look somewhere else for more simulation fidelity.
Sorry Maris, hope you will find plenty of other people supporting your new effort, afraid my FM7 days are over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever magic you use is not going to change how car reacts to the input and setup changes.
And Forza behaves as typical simcade, nothing wrong with that but even the best FFB in the world is not going to magically transfer it into hardcore simulator.
And Turn 10 never pursued this goal, it's typical "get in/instantly feel good" simcade, and will never be at the level of AC or AMS. Just made for completely different audience.
Many like it this way, and Forza user base size speaks for itself, but some look somewhere else for more simulation fidelity.
Sorry Maris, hope you will find plenty of other people supporting your new effort, afraid my FM7 days are over.

That's OK. I respect your choice. However could I please ask you to stop (perhaps unintentionally) misrepresent my work when you engage in discussion with people who tried the new FFB as if you had tried it too and as if you know what you're talking about? In this thread you pick up what Shawn Jacobs says about EmuWheel and FM7 (and he has actually tried new FFB) and you respond with your thoughts on FM7 with EmuWheel, however you're not talking about the same thing.
An analogy (if a bit exaggerated) to your argument is something like this:
1. Someone says that Driving 2017 Ford Focus seems faster than riding a horse.
2. You step in and say: yeah, you know, I have driven a 1932 Ford Model B and while it is faster than horse, it is still not so great.
3. Then you conclude that since the 1932 Ford Model B is not good enough for you, then none of the later Ford models can possibly be good enough.

Last edited:
Also, if this sounds like i'm some sort of Forza apologist, then believe me I'm not. Forza has many flaws and missing features which are a must for it to qualify as a hardcore simulator, even flaws in physics (for example, unrealistic tire temperature changes) and I'm perfectly aware of those. But unless you have actually analysed Forza physics data and compared it to other hardcore simulations, the only thing you're basing your conclusions are feelings you get through your steering wheel. Unless you acquired a new wheel, then I'm pretty sure that the only way you have ever felt FM7 FFB on your OSW is using software that I developed, yet despite all this you claim to know what is possible and what is not possible in regards to FFB in FM7.

• Deleted member 197115

Not sure what were you expecting, I said FFB was great with EmuWheel when I used it.
I quote
"My sentiment as well, FFB with emuWheel was surprisingly good. "
Did it get even better, fine, kudos to you. May be that'll motivate you enough to finish it up and finally publish on support site for everyone to appreciate as it still has some old 1.31 that doesn't even work with OSW, telemetry or not.
But please don't tell people what they should or shouldn't say on public forum. I was trying to be honest and expressed my opinion about your work, which I thought was quite positive.
You don't like it, fine, I'll never mention your mod again, just leave me alone, please.
I am out of this thread, don't bother to respond or PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wheel G27 worked perfectly and in the demo version and in full game.
Send me your setups. My works in demo only 180 degree :(

if you compare real life and sim about handling, forza is the best.
Assetto, raceroom and others have too much effects to make happy wheel owners.
Ofcourse, because normally in real car We drive with gamepads...So ridiculous was nobody in his thinking... until now :D

• Deleted member 99238

This is a feature of the Forza Motosport, your G27 is all right. The wheels of the car rotate only 180 degrees. This is made specifically for gamepads so FM7 is not a simulator. ;)

Ofcourse, because normally in real car We drive with gamepads...So ridiculous was nobody in his thinking... until now :D

wheel owner think they need all effects in the wheel, in fact with DOF, we don't need any big effect in a wheel.
But it's hard to understand for common people.

I bought this game earlier this month and have been playing it using a keyboard and later on a Xbox controller. The game is very very polished, and I like it in terms of gameplay. However, the driving, especially determining how early/how hard I need to brake for corner very often makes me confused. Some events in the single player campaign feel very random (like the first cup requiring a vintage super car that you can't buy until later in the game), and the optimization on PC is meh. Other than those issues, I would recommend the game.

wheel owner think they need all effects in the wheel, in fact with DOF, we don't need any big effect in a wheel.
But it's hard to understand for common people.
Now You are even more riddiculous, if You think, its all about FFB :D You know...Or not, but I drive a proper car too, I dont need a FFB in real car, but on PC is the only way to simulate car feeling. On gamepad what is simulated? Nothing...

This is a feature of the Forza Motosport, your G27 is all right. The wheels of the car rotate only 180 degrees. This is made specifically for gamepads so FM7 is not a simulator. ;)
Yes, but the reaction is too sensitive, like in 180 degree only. So, If You turn only a little car turns too much. I don't figure out how to setup for proper reactions like 360 or 520 degree wheel :/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%