FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 July Update Includes Free Cars and a new DLC

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 has been updated - the July update adding plenty of improvements and releasing the Porsche Spotlight Cars and the Top Gear Car Pack.

Regarding new content, the Porsche Spotlight Cars has been added as free content to current owners of the game and brings the 917/20, aka the “Pink Pig” alongside the 2019 911 GT3 RS. Both cars will be made available for download at no additional cost to players.

Alongside these two free additions comes the Top Gear Car Pack, a new DLC containing seven significant cars from the history of the automobile, has chosen by both the team at Top Gear and Turn 10 Studios themselves, more details of which can be found below:

2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast
FM7 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast.jpg

In the mid-1960s Ferrari produced 36 Superfast super coupes for some of the world’s elite car lovers. That V12 made nearly 400 hp and reached a top speed of 175 mph. Now, that Superfast namesake is represented in the replacement for the outgoing F12 model. The front-mounted V12 now makes nearly 800 hp, with a gloriously deafening 8,900 RPM redline that will push the new Superfast to 60 mph in less than three seconds and blast its way to a 211 mph top speed. The 812 Superfast is a triple threat – well-appointed, beautiful, and capable of astonishing performance. In other words, it’s another wonderous addition to the Ferrari legacy.

2018 McLaren 720 S
FM7 2018 McLaren 720 S.jpg
“A relentless pursuit of performance where form follows function.” These are words McLaren uses to describe their process for building their bespoke supercars. Starting on the inside of the 720 S, McLaren utilizes a one-piece carbon fiber tub that now includes the roof to create profound chassis rigidity and strength. The fully active suspension is built to translate every turn into an amazing experience that can make any driver feel like a hero. Perhaps most notable is the thunderous and powerful 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8. Just dip your foot into that throttle and it will become very evident why nothing else feels like a McLaren. It’s no surprise that the 720 S takes its design cues from the great white shark; like the ocean’s top predator, this supercar is built to hunt apexes on every road it encounters.

2017 Vuhl 05RR
FM7 2017 Vuhl 05RR.jpg
When VUHL (Vehicles of Ultra-light and High-performance) brought their “ultimate race car for the road” to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2013, the flock of consummate car connoisseurs in attendance were quite impressed. With good reason, considering the car’s appearance and amazing power-to-weight ratio. Now, the 05RR has taken a leap to the even more extreme edge of performance, adding roughly 100 horsepower while dropping even more weight. One look around the VUHL and its purpose is clear: dominate the track while barely remaining street legal. You won’t find luxuries or amenities, but you will find every component that lends itself to car control optimally placed and engineered for simplicity. Run this machine against other ultimate track-toys or the best of the supercar world; you’ll be surprised how it matches up.

2018 Exomotive Exocet Sport V8 XP-5
FM7 2018 Exomotive Exocet Sport V8 XP-5.jpg

Anyone can tell you the Mazda Miata checks all the boxes for fun and performance. The Exomotive Exocet chassis takes all that goodness of the Miata and offers a way to convert it to an entirely new level of performance. Using the latest CAD and Finite Element Analysis, the engineers at Exocet offer a reinforced exoskeleton chassis that utilizes a donor Miata’s components to create the ultimate track-going go-kart. In the Sport V8 XP-5 dress, you have Chevrolet LS3 power and a T56 transmission connected to Cadillac CTS-V rear end, making the kit wickedly responsive. The resulting power-to-weight ratio puts the Exocet in the hypercar performance class. This mighty-mite will dish out a supreme helping of fun and excitement on track or anywhere you drive it.

2018 KTM X-Bow GT4
FM7 2018 KTM X-Bow GT4.jpg

The X-Bow – that’s pronounced “cross-bow” for the record – is one of the most extreme-looking track toys out there, so one might wonder what KTM could do to take it to the next level. The answer is not always more power or less weight. The jet fighter-like canopy of the GT4 increases aerodynamics and stops your face from peeling off at high speeds. The company has made this track-only weapon more durable, decreasing racing costs and improving dependability. Since you will find the X-Bow in many of the top racing series, such as the Pirelli World Challenge or even the VLN series at the Nürburgring, knowing that the cost of winning just went down should make that path to victory that much easier to find. For those enjoying it in Forza, well, just keep putting it to the test and enjoying every mile.

1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS
FM7 1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS.jpg

After Porsche made a run at Formula One in the early 1960s the company returned to sportscar racing in earnest. In 1962 Ferdinand A. “Butzi” Porsche took on the designing of the new two-seat competition coupe that would replace the aging 718. The 904 utilized the same mid-engine layout of its predecessor but would be the first Porsche to use a ladder chassis and a fiberglass body. At 190-horsepower, the 2.0-liter flat-six engine was potent and reliable. The illustrious 904 went on to rack up race wins and class wins, marking the dawn of a new era for Porsche’s racing record. With fewer than 150 models built for homologation and racing, the 904 has garnered ever-increasing real-world auction prices. It’s a rare and beautiful piece of racing history that we can now all get to know much better.

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
FM7 1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta.jpg
Alfa Romeo’s racing history can hardly be matched by any manufacturer. Prior to World War II, Alfas completely dominated the most prestigious races, winning the Mille Miglia nine times in ten years and collecting four consecutive victories at Le Mans from 1931-1934. After the war, design trended to a more mass-market approach, with performance still at the heart of every vehicle. The Giulietta (pronounced juh-lee-etta) debuted at the Turin Auto Show in 1954 and was welcomed with open arms by the car-buying public. At the heart of the beautiful details that make up the Giulietta is a 1.3-liter twin-cam, aluminum-block four-cylinder. Its 90 hp delivers a drive that is far from mundane and its enrapturing engine song has built a lifelong following for the many loyal Alfa fans of the world.

As always new content usual grabs most of the headlines, however Turn 10 have also been busy behind the scenes working on new features and improvements to the title, the fruit of which can be seen as part of the latest update notes found below:

July 10, 2018
The July update for Forza Motorsport 7 is here! This update includes lots of new features and improvements, including:
  • Unlocking 118 previously exclusive locked cars, making them available for purchase for in-game credits.
  • Lobby hosts can now remove griefers from a lobby during a race.
  • Improved scrolling performance in Car Select screens.
  • New Spotlight cars: the 1971 Porsche #23 917/20 and the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • The Top Gear Car Pack, which is included for players who own the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass.

GENERAL
  • Added “B” button (back) functionality to DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen.
  • Fixed an issue on the DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen, where moving the right stick down would scroll all screens simultaneously.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI map for Prague Short points in the wrong direction.
  • Fixed an issue on Windows 10 PC versions of the game, where the “Select” button would ray out when moving the mouse off the hopper you attempt to enter.
  • Added title text to the flyout menu that appears when trying to save a replay without keywords.
  • Main menu buttons are no longer temporarily grayed out when dismissing the news message pop-up.
  • • Fixed an issue where players who previously lost save game data on their profile were unable to download tunes they created.
  • • Fixed an issue where, for PC players in Ultrawide settings, taking a photo with all UI hidden will still show camera settings displayed in the shot.
  • • Car loading in Car Select screens will begin once the player stops scrolling through the menu, increasing performance.

LIVERY EDITOR
  • Fixed an issue where audio would play continuously when moving an element then turning Snap Mode on. 274827

RIVALS
  • Fixed an issue where some players could not see event restrictions in Rivals challenges during the pre-race menu lobby.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Fixed an issue where players who disconnected in public MP lobbies while waiting in the “Install Parts” flyout would be left alone in the lobby after backing out, instead of sending them to hopper select.
  • Fixed an issue where players entering Test Drive in a lobby just as the first car finishes the race will cause the player to disconnect from the session when the next race begins.
  • Fixed an issue where players who were disconnected from League races are unable to rejoin the League hoppers and saw a “Failed due to lobby mismatch” error.

TUNING
  • Fixed an issue where client never fetches tunes past the 8th item on the list.

CARS
  • Steering wheel is no longer visible in the Subaru WRX STI VT15r Rally Car when using wheel-less cockpit view.
  • Fixed an issue where tuning sliders and arrows were not grayed out for areas that were not adjustable with your car’s applied upgrades.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were seeing four 205/55R16 options when upgrading the front tire width, and two 305/35R16 options when upgrading rear tire width on the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.
  • Fixed description for body kit upgrades in the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.

AUCTION HOUSE
  • Fixed an issue where the car information screen in the Auction House was not showing specific bonuses for Forza Edition cars.
  • Fixed an issue where selling a tuned Hyundai Veloser N or Veloster Turbo in the Auction House would cause the game to crash.

SPECTATE
  • Fixed an issue where, if a player disconnects from the network by pulling their Ethernet cable, the Race Info page and the Ticker would show DNF and no Gamertag.

FORZATHON
  • Fixed an issue where the #Forzathon tile would occasionally display “Coming Soon” even when #Forzathon events were live.
  • Fixed an issue where, after completing a race and gaining progress on a #Forzathon Challenge, the progress toast appears, then disappears before reappearing and playing the intended animation.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

Check out the Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest from the smash hit Forza racing game franchise.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Happy with the current state of the title? Like the new DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
nice, i have cried so much with the community that the PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS was locked and only for the players of a unknown event that they have given us PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS 2019 and they have unlocked +118 cars :)

The community wins.

I've actually just started playing this.

Got to test out the new emuwheel standalone ffb with my osw. To be honest once I got it tuned to my liking I'm really enjoying it. As someone who mainly plays rf2 I'm seriously quite surprised how good it is.

Also did some shopping around and found it for $50aud, well worth the coin I think.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

Recently started to play it. Visually, the game is amazing, but it's not a simulator, but a racing game aimed primarily at the console.

Im still thinkin...Buy it or not (for PC) because i try demo and was really shitty with wheel support (more like...no wheel support) so, demo was not playable with G27. I dont know still, it's possible to drive with or not. If not...I see no sense to buy PC version and drive with xbox gamepad...

• Deleted member 99238

Im still thinkin...Buy it or not (for PC) because i try demo and was really shitty with wheel support (more like...no wheel support) so, demo was not playable with G27.
My wheel G27 worked perfectly and in the demo version and in full game.

• Deleted member 197115

I've actually just started playing this.

Got to test out the new emuwheel standalone ffb with my osw. To be honest once I got it tuned to my liking I'm really enjoying it. As someone who mainly plays rf2 I'm seriously quite surprised how good it is.

Also did some shopping around and found it for $50aud, well worth the coin I think.
My sentiment as well, FFB with emuWheel was surprisingly good.
Only due to its shallow physics and dumb AI it got boring fairly quick and I moved back to AC full time.
If this FFB makes it into FH4, that would make one awesome combo.

Only due to its shallow physics and dumb AI it got boring fairly quick and I moved back to AC full time.

the crew 2 has far better handling than FH3 and probably FH4.
and the h shifter native support for the crew 2 and bikes make me so happy with the crew 2.
Of course i will buy FH4, but i think i will have the same amount of hours played like FH3 (15 hours.)

• Deleted member 197115

the crew 2 has far better handling than FH3 and probably FH4.
and the h shifter native support for the crew 2 and bikes make me so happy with the crew 2.
Of course i will buy FH4, but i think i will have the same amount of hours played like FH3 (15 hours.)
How about a big NO. :)
While I cannot assess Crew 2 with OSW, it's just not supported, with XBox controller FH3 just kills Crew 2 in handling department. It actually feels like arcade racer with a real physics esp when you turn all assists off, when in Crew 2 it's typical NFS, brake/turn/drift handling.
FH3 works with OSW as well when using EWmuWheel, results are not as good as FM7 but enough to put a big smile on your face doing some crazy off road stunts or fighting for traction on Blizzard Mountain.

Your claims about physics can't be based reliably on anything else but the FFB you get on your wheel in FM7. While AI is most certainly sub par, there is no reason to suppose that physics are flawed or simplistic at all. But then again you haven't tried the new FFB, which is calculated from physics directly.

• Deleted member 197115

FFB mostly, yes, plus effect of car setup changes, aero, tires heating and wearing, etc.
I don't care about how sophisticated the engine and tire model are (cough PCars2) if I can't feel all its glory via FFB.
It may not be that bad by Forza standards but definitely not up to the level of proper sims, nor I think it's even meant to be.

How about a big NO. :)
While I cannot assess Crew 2 with OSW, it's just not supported, with XBox controller FH3 just kills Crew 2 in handling department. It actually feels like arcade racer with a real physics esp when you turn all assists off, when in Crew 2 it's typical NFS, brake/turn/drift handling.
FH3 works with OSW as well when using EWmuWheel, results are not as good as FM7 but enough to put a big smile on your face doing some crazy off road stunts or fighting for traction on Blizzard Mountain.

i say NO too, both are arcade, and the ridiculous map from FH3 is a no way, with controller, it's so good to ride bikes and plane with The crew 2
Forza Horizon 4 will be finished in 10 min. the time to make a lap of the entiere map.
Sorry for your OSW, it's not made for fun, sad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%