FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 July Development Update

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
FM7 July Update.png

The new update for Forza Motorsport 7 features plenty of work on their growing Forza Race Regulations.

The new July update is again a big one, and is sure to please the Forza Motorsport 7 playing community. Adding to the popular Xbox One and Windows 10 PC racing game yet further refinements to how the in game Forza Race Regulations (FRR) function and interact with the player experience, the July update brings with it something new - avoidable contact penalties. Pretty handy for anyone who has experience of racing with this game in public lobbies...

Intended to focus "on penalizing the most egregious examples of contact (i.e. intentional ramming) in the game", the 'avoidable contact' element of the FRR aims to use a mix of variables such as speed, position and effect of content when considering if the incident requires the game to penalise the player for their actions. The real world Formula One series could do with some of this coding if recent races are anything to go by....

As well as the FRR update, July also brings with it further game enhancements in the form of some update work having taken place around the Free Play Drift event settings, audio and UI improvements and various other miscellaneous items.

The July update marks the penultimate new build for Forza Motorsport 7, with development planned to come to a close at the end of next month.

FM7 is available on Xbox One and W10 PC now.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Hellow here. ^^ I have a problem with the game and i wish i can find some help here. My windows is at the lastest version up to date and my Forza Motorsport 7 is not working , is crashing after the loading screen *the codex one* and never did that before. If someone from here had the same problem or he can help me this is my email adress= flavius9540@yahoo.co.uk . Please help me i really love this game from the second update when they added the Alfa Romeo Giuleta QV. I love drive on Nurburg for hours.. i know every single corner so please.. help me. Is the perfect game after i came out of work. I ll do anything from modify dlls and things in cmd to windows reinstall just to get it work.

Hellow here. ^^ I have a problem with the game and i wish i can find some help here. My windows is at the lastest version up to date and my Forza Motorsport 7 is not working , is crashing after the loading screen *the codex one* and never did that before. If someone from here had the same problem or he can help me this is my email adress= flavius9540@yahoo.co.uk . Please help me i really love this game from the second update when they added the Alfa Romeo Giuleta QV. I love drive on Nurburg for hours.. i know every single corner so please.. help me. Is the perfect game after i came out of work. I ll do anything from modify dlls and things in cmd to windows reinstall just to get it work.

Not going to put any links here but this is a common thing. You can Google the problem and lots of information comes up.
You'll find the fix at the official Forza Motorsport forum.

Nothing about COLOSSAL stuttering problems?
I have that problem from the moment that i bought it and today i have't solved (and i have tried all that i can)

Someone else had or have this problem and have solved in any way? i have an i7 7700k, an asus 1080strix, 16gb ram 3000mhz and a 2560x1440 monitor at 144hz 1ms

Nothing about COLOSSAL stuttering problems?
I have that problem from the moment that i bought it and today i have't solved (and i have tried all that i can)

Someone else had or have this problem and have solved in any way? i have an i7 7700k, an asus 1080strix, 16gb ram 3000mhz and a 2560x1440 monitor at 144hz 1ms
Same here... no idea how to fix it. As I am typing this, I am reminded that FM7 might have issues with G-Sync/Freesync tech? Have you tried disabling that if you have it?

Same here... no idea how to fix it. As I am typing this, I am reminded that FM7 might have issues with G-Sync/Freesync tech? Have you tried disabling that if you have it?
damn...i have a freesync monitor with g-sync compatibility...reading what u texted above it seems i have the anti-fm7 monitor lol :D
...'ll try to disable it 'n test but there's a really weird thing...i have deadly stuttering everywhere but NOT at bathurst...the only track that goes good (full grid)...can't explain :\

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%