FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-motorsport-7-end-of-life

When a game reaches "End of Life", that means it and its DLC will no longer be available for purchase in the Microsoft Store or available on Xbox Game Pass. However, features like multiplayer and online services will still be accessible for those that own the game.

Forza Motorsport 7 will reach 'end of life' status on September 15th, 2021. That means that the game and its associated DLC will no longer be available for purchase after that date.

After September 15th, 2021, players who own Forza Motorsport 7 will still be able to download and play the game and its associated content as normal.

If you are an Xbox Game Pass member who purchased Forza Motorsport 7 DLC but not the base game, you will receive a token for the game through the Xbox message center so you can continue to enjoy Forza Motorsport 7 and all its content.

• Token distribution will be complete by August 2nd, 2021. If after that date you have still not received your token, please contact Xbox Support here.
  • Unused tokens will expire on September 15th, 2023.

Starting today, we are offering a discount for anyone who does not yet own Forza Motorsport 7.

• Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition: $19.99 (£17.49, €19.99)
  • Forza Motorsport 7 Deluxe Edition: $14.99 (£12.49, €12.49)
  • Forza Motorsport 7 Standard Edition: $9.99 (£7.49, €9.99)

For anyone keeping an eye on our Rivals events with our esports partners, after September 15 we will continue to provide content to support our partners’ esports competitions with new Rivals events coming soon, so there’s still be plenty of racing action to be had.

is this worth getting for £7.50 WITHOUT the DLC's ?
Yesterday I Bought the Ultimate Edition, that installs all DLCs from MS Store automatically. These DLCs are about 70.
The majority of these ones are special and custom cars, vintage rarities, and some modern cars.
IMHO, due the huge discount, the Ultimate is better because bundles the new Alfa Giulia and some Maserati, and I'm happy, by an Italian who I am, to drive these beauties and dream.

Last edited:
I bought the Ultimate anyway, apart from the initial CTD's for no apparent reason ( I seem to have got it reasonably stable now) Once I had my wheel + pedals dialed in, i'm quite enjoying it for a simcade..ish game, not tried online yet, scared of all the crash test dummy kiddo's lol. Spending a lot of time making liveries manipulating shapes just like it used to be done in an old game called ACR. All in all a good purchase :)

Last edited:
FM7 is definitely more than worth it for PC if it works. I myself had some FPS drops even though my PC should be enough (i5 9400F, 1660ti) and I don't use Avast. (apparently it causes issues in this game) I think I had to do something in CPU affinity to make it run better. (what is this? GTR2? It shouldn't be needed for such a modern game...).

Also, I wish the pop-up headlights stayed closed when turned off, no idea why they made it like this. It's such a small thing but it looks odd to see them open all the time even during the day, when they are off.

Last edited:
FM7 is definitely more than worth it for PC if it works. I myself had some FPS drops even though my PC should be enough (i5 9400F, 1660ti) and I don't use Avast. (apparently it causes issues in this game) I think I had to do something in CPU affinity to make it run better. (what is this? GTR2? It shouldn't be needed for such a modern game...).

Also, I wish the pop-up headlights stayed closed when turned off, no idea why they made it like this. It's such a small thing but it looks odd to see them open all the time even during the day, when they are off.
I have a pre-assembled PC, a Lenovo sub-marque, with i5 10400F and Zotac 1650 Super. It bundles McAfee Live Safe, but I removed it, because it makes FM7 glitchy, especially when it loads a new ghost car after beating one rival in time trial mode.
With Windows Defender glitches are less and not so long, but there always are. However, the game is playable.

Ok, I have some issues with this:
1: Stability issues, the game crashes to desktop for no apparent reason, i'm running at 2560x1440 on an i5 9400 cpu and an MSi 2080 super gaming x trio, sometimes it'll run all day, but a lot of times it just crashes, sometimes in the menu, sometimes in a race, infact anywhere it wants, and when it crashes it does it repeatedly.
2: Sometimes, I get the message 'Your profile has changed please close the game and restart to continue', what's that all about? my profile hasn't changed and I have a rock steady 300mb+ internet connection, so it's not that.
Can anyone help and advise me how to correct these issues please ?
Oh and i'm not running any anti virus except windows defender.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm running Defender as well. When I still had my Xbox One S I found myself just playing FM7 on it instead of the PC, even though the graphics seemed even worse than FM6 in my opinion.

Just as an update incase anyone is following this, I seem to have fixed the CTD by increasing my page file to 8000mb, played for 8 hours straight and no crashes (fingers crossed).
How do you do that? I've got a few CTD's during the last few times I played FM7.

After asking I found this...

It makes me wonder if automatically managing page files is not working, or something?

Last edited:
I've had CTDs more times than I care to remember. In fact I had 2 this week. But I'm not about to change any page file settings. My luck, I'll forget that I made a change and then have to re-install the game. Seeing that its soon to be unavailable, that is a bad idea.

You can not buy it anymore in the MS Store thats all that has changed. Btw my virtual memory is set to system managed size, it always was. And knowing that Forza 7 can basically run on a potato in 4k60 maybe something is messed up on your pc/windows that leads to Forza crashing for you but idk.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 14.0%