FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 Demo Released!

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
FM7 Demo Released.jpg

The most rare of rare items in the world of modern gaming is here... Forza Motorsport DEMO now available for Xbox One and PC has been released.

Plenty of people will have a very keen eye on what Turn 10 Studios have to offer with the latest Forza Motorsport game, not least because this will mark the first occasion a fully fledged Forza game has appeared on Window 10 PC, and so confident in the product are Turn 10 that the development team have released something not seen for many a year... a demo!

Released a couple of days ago, the demo for Forza Motorsport 7 is an interesting reflection on a game that is looking to go big on diversity in both the car and track offering when it releases at the end of this month. Featuring three very different vehicles on three very different racing locations, with a mix of weather effects and atmospheric conditions, the new demo does indeed offer a very interesting peak into what players can expect when the full game launches for Xbox One and PC this September 29th.

Forza Motorsport 7 will release on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC September 29th.

FM7 Demo Released 2.png
FM7 Demo Released 3.png
FM7 Demo Released 4.png

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions as more details reveal on this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time while we await the game launch on October 3rd.

Have you tried the new demo? What are your impressions of the game so far? Can Forza 7 rival Assetto Corsa and PCARS 2 on console? Can the game break into the competitive PC racing marketplace? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Was looking forward to this with all the talk about it being made for PC and racing fans. It's just a load of advertising BS if this demo is anything to go by...
Cars have toilet ffb and I mean absolute toilet. You can't feel anything so you have no idea if you're losing it or not. Anyone out there that can get a slide back in the Porsche you have my shock and awe.
Graphics and sounds are amazing, graphics are jaw-droppin, really. Some stutters here and there but to be expected as an early unfinished release just to tempt people.
The sounds are also pretty decent too. Full 5.1 surround and the car sounds do sound more realistic than other games of this nature and other current Sims too.
The FFB and the handling just need so much work that I don't think it's going to be possible and if it is definitely not before the end of the year.
Iirc Turn 10 weren't that great responding to users issues or requests when Apex came out. I hope they change that stance for this title or it may well struggle to become one of the top racing titles on the PC even though so much of it is so well done.
Will be interesting to see how many publications bow down to the advertising budget of Microsoft and give this a 10 out of 10 or 100% mark knowing full well that while it looks and sounds the part, it handles far worse than the sum of it's parts?

As a sim Forza isn't good at all and I don't think it's FFB or physics are that enjoyable with a wheel either. Turn 10 could really do with making a separate "hardcore" mode where the physics and FFB are better suited for a wheel. They have the resources to.

It does have a nice set of cars and the careers are good but it's probably best left to playing with a controller.

To be honest I don't agree with many of you. But I think it come from my racing wheel.
I have a G920, which is also the standard wheel for xbox one and I have a fair FFB with enough informations. Not the best in class, but very far from crap.
But I suspect that this demo does not fully support a lot of wheels and is based on a pretty ancient build and was more aimed at general audience more than the PC sim crowd.
Which is a very stupid move from turn 10 since the "very vocal" Sim crowd was expecting them.

I was discussing with a guy with a TX wheel that had absolutely no vibrations or any kind of FFB on the demo while my G920 required no tweaking and was not far from Pcars 2 to be honest.

On the other hand, I think there is a huge problem with the 911 physic. The truck and the Skyline drive just fine, while the 911 is uncontrollable. A journalist confirmed me that the 911 a the 2017 GamesCom had a very different handling.

Concerning the weather, Turn 10 already spoke out that the game will use "scenario" that can varies depending on the track, and will be limited to some tracks.

To the person who complain about being able to just press the accelerator and finish the race... well it's because it's a game marketed to a general audience. Like literally all previous forza who started with everything turned on. Just remove all the assistances, put the direction on simulation and remove rewind, ramp up the AI and tell me you cross the line first on the 911/dubai combo... As a sim racer don't tell me that you are not used to go through menus and have to "tuned" your experience... ;)

Personally speaking I even had fun with the truck racing using the H shifter ^^.
And the new view without the wheel and arms is a long overdue nice to have I have to say.

In any case, I'm sorry to break it, but if you all are expecting a game with very high production value and besting Iracing, AC or Automobilsta in their "niche" , you better look away. Just by the fact that Forza doesn't support any racing functionality like full week end, qualifying, championship, rules, flags etc...
You are just not the target. It's like expecting that the next Battlefield will have to satisfy ARMA fans and then acting disappointed and outraged.

The best is to wait for the up to date final game to see what is in and what is out.
That was my 2 cents...

Last edited:
But I suspect that this demo does not fully support a lot of wheels and is based on a pretty ancient build and was more aimed at general audience more than the PC sim crowd.
Which is a very stupid move from turn 10 since the "very vocal" Sim crowd was expecting them.
I have to disagree with you there. APEX was released for them to test the water with PC gamers. The PC gamer crowd spoke out. Turn 10 didn't listen.
Now they have a lot of wheels supported. They said so in a list that was published. My wheel and pedals are in said list. CSW V1 with CSR Elite pedals. And they work. So it's nothing to do with not being compatible as they are recognised in the game.
The FFB is just rubbish to non-existent. Try rF2 or AMS after and you'll see.

And how is a PC demo not aimed at the PC crowd?

The timing of this demo is terrible. Pcars 2 has released and improved its ffb and F7's ffb is appalling. Way to go T10,a golden opportunity missed. They seem to have learned nothing from apex.

I have to disagree with you there. APEX was released for them to test the water with PC gamers. The PC gamer crowd spoke out. Turn 10 didn't listen.
Now they have a lot of wheels supported. They said so in a list that was published. My wheel and pedals are in said list. CSW V1 with CSR Elite pedals. And they work. So it's nothing to do with not being compatible as they are recognised in the game.
The FFB is just rubbish to non-existent. Try rF2 or AMS after and you'll see.

And how is a PC demo not aimed at the PC crowd?
Note that I said PC Sim crowd. And I also said that that demo was a stupid move for the sim crowd.
I maintain, even the way the demo is build and presented is more to appeal to casual and mass audience than core sim enthusiast.
You guys are angry at something that would have not happen. I mean have you all ever played Forza 6 or 5 or 4.. ? What makes you expect that the game would be like a super rFactor with 700 cars+ and incredible graphics. The previous installment didn't even have championship or race that requiers to finish first and had loot box with cards that give bonus to braking or acceleration like it's a game of Magic The Gathering.
Forza, its engine and its content is incredibly expensive to make and to licence, it's not to make AMS or rF2 sales figures, even combined.
You are all upset about a game that you are not the target and was never mean to be what you wanted it to be. ^^.
Forza is all about enjoying plenty of cars, hotlaping, sharing liveries and photo, adding bodykit and chrome wheels, split screen racing with your nephew, swapping engines, online club and hang out, autovista etc... Not planing your next virtual track day week end with fair play and racing rules.
I generally enjoy Forza because I take it for what it is (and I like Forza physics). For the rest we have plenty of good sim ;)

Last edited:
To the person who complain about being able to just press the accelerator and finish the race... well it's because it's a game marketed to a general audience.
I perfectly understand who the game is aimed at. But, to be perfectly honest, I'd feel somewhat offended if I realized a game developer is expecting me to be so useless they make the default settings in a game so I can just hold full throttle and steer to win races in the game. That's pretty condescending of them I would think. I mean, seriously? There's aiming for general audience and then there's games that almost play themselves and you have to go and make them not to to get an actual game requiring some effort (which then brings the question why even do that, why make your life intentionally harder for yourself). But maybe the general audience really has changed so much in the 30 or so years of my gaming - if so, then I find it sad. I've played and enjoyed a ton of arcade racers during that time, yet I don't think I ever saw one that by default pretty much played itself. Granted, I also never played Forza before.

Right now Forza 7 demo is displayed, for 4 days now, on the front page of the windows store of all the windows 10 PC and tablets on earth (maybe half a billion computers now). Your oncle's computer, your mom's tablet, your candy crush addict co-workers, Bob the plumber who like NASCAR and Patrick the head of sales in his hotel room away from home, etc...
Let that sink for a minute and you will understand why this demo is set the way it is set and why it brags about awards and try to sell you the 100$ version of the game after each run. :D

We would be really surprised at the amount of people that download this demo and try it only with a keyboard...:roflmao:

Last edited:
I have played Forza and GT games actually. assuming makes... forget it.
I think a lot of us were 'hoping' for something that borders the gap ala F1 by Codies but maybe a little more sim like. What's stopping a company as large as they are with the resources and access they have not to be able to create something that ticks the boxes for both camps?
Also you keep saying we're angry. How do you know what individual people on here are feeling?
I'm not angry at all. Mild disappointment maybe. But not enough to care mate.

Your oncle's computer, your mom's tablet, your candy crush addict co-workers, Bob the plumber who like NASCAR and Patrick the head of sales in his hotel room away from home, etc...
Let that sink for a minute and you will understand why this demo is set the way it is set and why it brags about awards and try to sell you the 100$ version of the game after each run. :D
If you're talking about "letting that sink for a minute", then maybe think about what your opinion about those people you're talking about actually seems to be according to how you talk about them, and let *that* sink for a minute as well.

Just saying.

Also, I really don't think I will ever understand games bragging about getting awards for being the best racing game of this year when they're not even released yet. That's a lot of sinking in to be had I think I'm not even capable of.

Oh, how people have forgotten!

Assetto Corsa? Early Access?? Anyone remember??? It took HOURS of research on official and community forums (that's how I discovered RD...) to figure out where to even begin on dialing the feedback to something that works, plus numerous updates to the engine and peripheral driver support meant I had to keep revisiting the settings to keep it dialed in.

I made a thread here to begin our community discussion to figure out the best controller settings.

If you're talking about "letting that sink for a minute", then maybe think about what your opinion about those people you're talking about actually seems to be according to how you talk about them, and let *that* sink for a minute as well.

Just saying.

Also, I really don't think I will ever understand games bragging about getting awards for being the best racing game of this year when they're not even released yet. That's a lot of sinking in to be had I think I'm not even capable of.
So what is my opinion seems to be?
Sorry if I was misinterpreted but I didn't mean to be condescendant to people and there was nothing judgmental about it (I would add that english is not my native langage nor my culture and had to learn it as an adult).
I was only talking about the huge difference between a game advertised and exposed right now at literally everybody (hence my exemples) and might be tried on a keyboard by a lot of people, and a game that you need to know about before hand and type the name in google to get access to info about it (like AC, rFactor etc...) where people buying it will have at least a controller and most likely a racing wheel.
And more importantly why it explains why the demo have all the assists on by default.

With a bit of imagination, we can even ask ourselves why it seems so important to Turn 10 that having the player being able to chose his/her gender or outfit each time seems to be on par with the importance of choosing your car/track on the demo, while it's completely pointless in the game.
People need to feel a connection to relate to a product or to be introduced to a product. It is just here because a lot of people that will be exposed to the demo (that are not petrol head) will relate more, as a first or second action, with choosing his/her gender or an outfit than choosing between two car. And they will have a better feeling toward the game on the pre-order prompt.

Then for awards, there is a very simple explanation : having an award at an event doesn't mean your the best, it simply means your the best among the studio who went at that event and submit your game to it. If AMS, AC or rFactor are not at E3, they very likely will not be able to win E3 or other awards...

Last edited:
Then for awards, there is a very simple explanation : having an award at an event doesn't mean your the best, it simply means your the best among the studio who went at that event and submit your game to it.
Oh and as for this, well, my problem with this is not Forza specifically got awards for being the best racing game of 2017, my problem with that is the award was given to an unreleased game that for all we know can turn out being complete garbage. I hate when unreleased games get awards at game shows (except maybe something like "most anticipated game" or something along those lines that actually makes sense when it comes to unreleased game).

the game expects its player to be completely inept to the point where even braking is optional. Don't think it paints a favorable picture of those people. But maybe it's just me or it was just unintentional or whatever.

Have you heard of "children"?

Wherein AC, iRacing, RF2, w/e sim is completely inaccessible to anyone without a wheel and under the age of 12, Forza can be played by a completely "inept" 5 year old with "Super Easy" steering assist selected.

But yeah, catering to these "children" is silly! Do they think that Forza is a "game"??

Have you heard of "children"?
Yes, I have. They're like little adults, only with a lot more skill and patience, because they're still actively learning things. I'm guessing they won't have much to learn from Forza unless someone turns the assists off for them, then.

Also, note that I never said there's something wrong about a game having assists available, that's just you putting words into my mouth. I'm just saying there's (IMO) plenty wrong with the default setting of a game being one that pretty much plays itself without almost no effort required from the player.

But OK, nevermind. Guess I'm just completely wrong in thinking a game doesn't have to be set to be completely dumb to be accessible and enjoyable to general audience (including children).

I think most here have good understand of the working of the PC v Console market so understanding that Console gaming is not full rules sim racing & as to cater for mixed age range and attention span, that is plain has day.
However T10 said they were using Apex to evaluate the move into the PC market & is very different needs.
No one every though they would produce the next GPL or make a pure sim.
But their FFB attempt is poor worse than PC1 on release & T10 have failed to move the bad FFB forward since their first lame attempts in Apex for the PC.
I every other aspect it looks amazing all the polished eye-candy that you expect to find in any triple A console game including the whopping price tag; that is my issue 70 euros for the base game and 1 cent sort of 100 euros for the top version.
For lame FFB in an age were most game have good FFB even on the Console versions .
The Way I understood it T10 wanted to expand into the more niche PC racing market , that would mean adding a few more layer of depth to the game & adding full support for racing wheels.
this seems to have been over looked if you take the Demo on face value , simply saying this is a early build & the force feed back is better in the final version is not good enough.
I do not know many who want to shell out big bucks then have to download a massive 99 gig install only to find out no its just has bad in the release version.
You then have to question the sale logic of releasing a demo that is not at leest truer to the final game, that to my is bad PR & nothing less.give this game proper wheel support & they will sell it on the PC format other wise stick to the XBox market.
I like the game concept but T10 need to make it work with all the major controlers on the market & not just pads, has I will be trying the Demo out with now after not having fun with a wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%