FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - New PC Footage Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Turn 10 Studios have revealed the first footage of new title Forza Motorsport 6: Apex in the form of a short teaser video and a limited number of in game screenshots.

Notable for being the first attempt at engaging with the PC racing marketplace, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is due to contain a slimmed down feature set and content from its console brothers with 63 cars available to race across 6 locations and 20 track variations.

Forza 6 Apex Onboard.png

Available 'free to play' for Windows 10 users, FM6: Apex is an interesting idea that faces stiff competition in the already well established PC racing scene.

The newly revealed images admittedly look graphically well advanced and should offer plenty of eye candy for racers with a keen interest in the visual appeal of their racing games. How Turn 10 plan to translate the physics of the vehicles in game is yet to be revealed, will the studio aim to simply recreate the console version of the title or do they plan to offer something more detailed for a marketplace brought up on the more "hardcore" side of the virtual racing scene?

Forza 6 Apex Race Grid.png

Many questions remain yet to be answered with this surprise new PC title, it will be very interesting to keep tabs on the progress of FM6: Apex and see if Microsoft can make a significant impact in this wonderful sim racing community we are all a part of.

Forza 6 Menu.png

I will be very interested to see how progress develops with this title, stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the latest news and reviews in the coming months.

Do you plan to check of FM6: Apex when its released? Will the announcement of the title encourage you to move over to Windows 10? Do you think the Forza series can make a serious impact on PC gamers? Lets discuss below!

Last edited:
This is a tech demo for microsoft, for windows10 (promotion for it), for directx12, for windows store.

Exactly. It's a multi faceted test primarily designed to further push the Windows Store as a "viable" alternative service to Apples store, Google play and game centric services like Steam etc. That's MS overarching goal. Using an IP like Forza as the carrot stick simply kills quite a few birds with one stone.
  • Is the Forza IP worth development $ for another platform? If yes, win. If not, money saved.
  • What other former exclusive IP can we sell through Windows Store?
  • Encourage non Win 10 users to upgrade
  • Encourage Console users to use Windows Store
  • Solidify new base tech level for X years guarenteed development ie DX12 to be the new DX9
  • Encourage existing Win 10 users to actually utilise the store
  • Plus others

The only absolute in this is that it's Microsoft and nothing should be taken as gospel.

The way I look at it, they could wait for further development or release early; they chose to release early. I have a hard time believing they would even attempt to release on the PC without a plan to develop a more complete game. Forza has a good reputation on the consoles (with wheel support), it wouldn't make any sense to hurt their image with a severely limited PC version. T10 is not a small developer, if they truly want to go after a market they are very capable. And on the PC they the hardware is much more scalable than the consoles, maybe they will surprise.
I have enough sims to keep me busy, I'm in no hurry to add another game. But, I have no reason to turn my back on this either. It will be what it will be on first release, who knows down the road. I welcome another racing game, why not. At some point it may actually pan out to be worth more time than some of my current sims (not holding my breath though).

Good point. And hey, it's free for me as Win10 user anyways so even if it should not be worth my time I would not have wasted 60 bucks for it as I have for others in the past.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%