FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - Beta Release Date & Specs Released

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Open Beta.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have today announced Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will enter open beta status on Thursday 5th May.

Forza 6: Apex marks the first foray into PC gaming for the long standing racing franchise, pitting the title against a rich field of racing games currently available to PC sim racers.

It will be an interesting experiment to see how the first attempt by Turn 10 to bring Forza to PC turns out. The studio have taken a unique approach to the move on to PC by offering Apex as a free title for users of the Windows 10 operating system.

Although somewhat sort on content in comparison to its console relatives, Apex will feature 63 vehicles and 20 track configurations across 6 unique locations. Seen as something of a toe in the water by the studio prior to full future releases of the Forza series coming to Windows and console machine in future.

"Forza Motorsport 6: Apex delivers a focused and curated single-player tour of Forza Motorsport’s best content, including authentic wheel-to-wheel action, unique automotive experiences, and constant rewards, all running on DirectX 12 at resolutions up to 4K. In the game, players will be able to dive into a new career mode anchored by a 12-event “Showcase Tour”, where players will race thrilling cars on circuits from across the globe. In addition, Apex’s new “Spotlight Series” events will challenge players with unique automotive events that will be updated on a regular basis. Along with a new set of Xbox Live achievements to earn worth 1000 gamerscore points, Apex players will find new mechanics to explore, including an all-new Race Points system that dares you to turn off the assists, develop your skills, and take on greater challenges."

As well as revealing a release date of May 5th for the game entering beta status, the studio have also confirmed continual support throughout the beta program with constant updates and eventual support for many racing wheel and pedal sets coming to the game at a later date.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex System Requirements

Minimum

• Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/Radeon R7 250X
  • HD Space: 30 GB
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VRAM: 2GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12
  • Suggested Input: Xbox One Controller

Recommended (60fps at 1080P)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 970 / Radeon R9 290X
  • HD Space: 30 GB
  • RAM: 12 GB
  • VRAM: 4 GB

Ideal (60fps at 4K)

• Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti / Radeon Fury X
  • HD Space: SSD + 30 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VRAM: 6+ GB

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Release Trailer

Check out our RaceDepartment Forza Motorsport Forum for all the latest news and discussion regarding the racing franchise.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex debuts on Windows 10 this year. Are you looking forward to playing the latest release of the hugely popular franchise? How do you think Forza will stack up alongside the wealth of PC racing titles already available? Let us know in the comments section below!

EDIT2: How the hell can you uninstall this thing?
This thing is the worst i have ever seen...

EDIT3: Way to go Microsoft .... don't put it in "Programs and Features" where it has been since 20 years but put it into a completely new and unknown location. Well done. Well done.
Windows 10 provides another method that covers standard programs/features and store Apps:

Settings\System\"Apps" and Features.

Or as @Andrew mentioned "Right-Click - Uninstall".

Hmm...

Was it ? As an Xbox user i really liked to get Gamerscore also on the pc games. Didn´t had any issues with GFWL in all the years.
There have been HUGE problems with GFWL and in the end the service was abandoned and now there is a long list of games out there without multiplayer option.
(Usually no biggie as barely anybody plays 10 year old games, but still)

Or as @Andrew mentioned "Right-Click - Uninstall".
I'm pretty sure i tried that out?

I'm sorry, maybe it's a stupid question but...Can we call it a simulator? I watched some videos and seems very arcade. Sure you have the possibility to modify the setup, but that doesn't make it a sim, right? Do we need wheel support to judge the physic? Do cars of the same class drive the same or do they have their own handle and "soul"?

Personally I quite like it. I have played the first 5 or 6 events and yes I have had to run it on minimum graphics on this PC but they still are not bad really, however some parts of the race is a bit stuttery.. Dare I say its better graphics than Xbox 360? I think so.

I am not installing windows 10 on my gaming pc as my 100% legit copy of windows 7 will not activate windows 10 and although its 100% free i cant be arsed with the watermark. I would rather have the message and black background that comes with an unactivated windows 7 thanks so I cant test on higher graphics.

Sim or arcade?? Well I would call it Simcade. its a bit of both. PC Sim or Forza Apex?? depends. I prefer AMS, AC or RF2 but for when I cant be arsed setiing up my wheel its ok for passing time as forza 6 isnt on xbox 360 and I aint wasting my money on a xbox one. :)

speccy.png

Take a look here and decide...

I don´t think you will see this amount of data in an acrade game... They take it serious and Forza evolves since Part 1...
That's Forza 4. Of course they will say that it is a simulator as they have always done in the past years, but that's marketing. The players with experience in motorsport probably are the only one able to judge the game. While driving they should check if the cars behave like they should or not, like they expect.

Somehow I find the driving unconvicing, some aspects seem to be generated/controlled by scripts rather than true physics simulation... it´s like they ran out of processor cycles in the xbox.

Ps.- Also I agree that the sound has low quality, engines sound poorly.

Last edited:
Curious what Microsoft show with this at E3 or what their next progression is on PC.
Will they get serious on the PC platform and bring adjustable FOV, multi-screen and even VR?

They'll need to bring out a more powerful console to support VR (unless the do VR for Win 10 only) as the XBox One has a weaker GPU than the PS4 and the latter only has *just* enough power to do VR

I think MS are thinking of turning the PC into an Xbox one.
Huh? I can see them trying to make an XBOX more of a PC but the other way around does'nt make any sense. They have control of the hardware and software with the XBOX, they have no control over the hardware side of computers.
They want to standardize their gaming platform (code base across devices) but this may only limit the capabilities of the PC version of their software (APEX as an example). Maybe they will surprise and not "dumb-down" their software and allow it to take advantage of the higher processing of PC's.

Maybe they will surprise and not "dumb-down" their software and allow it to take advantage of the higher processing of PC's.
Never gonna happen. We can just hope that Sony and MS are releasing new consoles in a 2-year cycle and ditching support for old consoles as soon as the new ones come out.
But chances for that are absolute 0.

So PC will continue to suffer from unoptimized console ports.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back