FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - Beta Release Date & Specs Released

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Open Beta.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have today announced Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will enter open beta status on Thursday 5th May.

Forza 6: Apex marks the first foray into PC gaming for the long standing racing franchise, pitting the title against a rich field of racing games currently available to PC sim racers.

It will be an interesting experiment to see how the first attempt by Turn 10 to bring Forza to PC turns out. The studio have taken a unique approach to the move on to PC by offering Apex as a free title for users of the Windows 10 operating system.

Although somewhat sort on content in comparison to its console relatives, Apex will feature 63 vehicles and 20 track configurations across 6 unique locations. Seen as something of a toe in the water by the studio prior to full future releases of the Forza series coming to Windows and console machine in future.

"Forza Motorsport 6: Apex delivers a focused and curated single-player tour of Forza Motorsport’s best content, including authentic wheel-to-wheel action, unique automotive experiences, and constant rewards, all running on DirectX 12 at resolutions up to 4K. In the game, players will be able to dive into a new career mode anchored by a 12-event “Showcase Tour”, where players will race thrilling cars on circuits from across the globe. In addition, Apex’s new “Spotlight Series” events will challenge players with unique automotive events that will be updated on a regular basis. Along with a new set of Xbox Live achievements to earn worth 1000 gamerscore points, Apex players will find new mechanics to explore, including an all-new Race Points system that dares you to turn off the assists, develop your skills, and take on greater challenges."

As well as revealing a release date of May 5th for the game entering beta status, the studio have also confirmed continual support throughout the beta program with constant updates and eventual support for many racing wheel and pedal sets coming to the game at a later date.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex System Requirements

Minimum

• Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/Radeon R7 250X
  • HD Space: 30 GB
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VRAM: 2GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12
  • Suggested Input: Xbox One Controller

Recommended (60fps at 1080P)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 970 / Radeon R9 290X
  • HD Space: 30 GB
  • RAM: 12 GB
  • VRAM: 4 GB

Ideal (60fps at 4K)

• Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4 Ghz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti / Radeon Fury X
  • HD Space: SSD + 30 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VRAM: 6+ GB

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Release Trailer

Check out our RaceDepartment Forza Motorsport Forum for all the latest news and discussion regarding the racing franchise.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex debuts on Windows 10 this year. Are you looking forward to playing the latest release of the hugely popular franchise? How do you think Forza will stack up alongside the wealth of PC racing titles already available? Let us know in the comments section below!

I will never understand why developers put so much effort in a racing title and then have gamepad as recommended controller. :confused::confused::confused: I guess cash as usual. Just feels weird. Like building a real car and say the perferred method of driving it is to push it down the highway. :D

ST does play better with a XB360 imho. Wheel is fun in ETS2 even with dead FFB since we are driving from cockpit at resonable speed forward...
But ST involves a lot of looking around with mouse from the outside, so i've never found a wheel to be any more than a nuisance. Trying to set it up like it's "driving simulation" never really worked and that was never "needed" to have a blast (with face full of mud :) ).

On topic: could stand the controller but this is the deal braker for me:
-OS: Windows 10 64-bit version 1511 ... nope not going there :p

I've actually had a much better experience with Win 10 64-bit than Win 8.1, much nicer interface and for me *less* game compatibility issues. Also it's only free until the summer...

I will never understand why developers put so much effort in a racing title and then have gamepad as recommended controller

A friend of mine "convinced" me to buy XB1+Forza because it seemed sooo good ... well, I gave it a hit as the Forza-Edition was on a Black Friday sale for a reasonable price last year. But I wasn't able to drive with a gamepad controller at all. So I gave it annother chance and bought the CSL add-on rim for my CSW V1 ... another bad (and expensive) mistake as the wheel support on XB is a mess. FFB in Forza feels like it is from the early days of FFB development and has nearly to nothing to do with the advanced FFB one is common with on the PC side in sims like AC, rF2, pCARS or R3E ...

So I doubt that Turn10 has spend "much effort" on this part and that may be the reason why they have dumped wheel support on PCs in the first round. Let's see, if and what they could provide later in the PC versions development, but I have strong doubts that they could deliver something useful ...

Can`t see why all the moaning, just download it play it and if you don`t like it don`t buy the full product when it is released.
Wish more developers would give us gamers the opportunity to test drive a game before parting with our cash.
Usually this type of marketing is called Early Access and you have to pay for it.
Well done Microsoft.

after the problem's i had with win10 at the start of the year not a chance. Looks like my gaming days are coming to an end full stop.

Did you do a clean install or upgrade in place over Win7/8? I had problems with the later, so backed-up my data and did a clean install (my Win 8.1 license code was used to register my install) and it worked perfectly.

I am very much looking forward to this. I already have Forza 6 on Xbox One, and I regularly play it, but this will be an interesting add-on. In addition to wheel support, I hope they add triple screen compatibility and multi-controller support. Judging by the rig they had set up at E3 2015, running Forza 6 on a triple screen set up, it would seem to me that they can get there quickly.

Make sure you post impressions ASAP for those of us that are at work all day. My biggest questions are graphics quality and whether triple screen resolutions, including 5760 X 1080 are supported.
It states that it can go up to 4k. 5760x 1080 is 3K so there is hope... whether the FOV can be set so it's not too stretched at the side screens remains to be seen. Nearly downloaded.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back