FM6 Forza Motorsport 6 Announced

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Thomas Hinss

Aussie Commentator and Writer
Logo_Forza Motorsport 6_Logo_Vertical_White resize.jpg

2015 may have only just begun but already one of the major players in the racing genre for consoles has announced a new game for its series.

At the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the official announcement of Forza Motorsport 6 was made by Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios. The game is currently still in development and will be exclusive to the Xbox One, with the announcement of the game coming alongside the news of the worldwide debut of the all-new Ford GT.

The Ford performance line-up will appear in the game, which includes the F-150 Raptor, Shelby GT350 Mustang and aforementioned Ford GT. All three of these cars were revealed for the first time at the auto show.

Dan Greenawalt, creative director at Turn 10 Studios, is excited with what the next game in the franchise can bring to the table.

Just as Ford has pushed the boundaries of car technology in GT, Forza Motorsport 6 will embrace that spirit of innovation as our most technically advanced racing simulation to date, offering a fun and realistic automotive experience for both car lovers and gamers. We are excited to unveil gameplay at E3 in June.”

The announcement of Forza Motorsport 6 comes along with the tenth-anniversary of the Forza Motorsport series, with the very first game in the series Forza Motorsport, being initially released on May 3, 2005.

Last edited:
Not going to make me buy a XBone! Had enough of the expensive proprietary accessories on the XBox 360 and the continuing MS exploitation of it.
PC Sets you free! to make and do what you please and upgrading can be done in stages.

Last edited:
Interesting that he referred to Forza Motorsport as their "most technically advanced racing simulation to date"....

I loved Fora 4 but I hate Forza 5. I won't completely write off Forza 6 but they do need to get back to the roots of what made Forza a great game.
- bring back community features that are sorely missed.
- expand the game with tracks not just "car packs" that are mostly designed to milk the customer.
- add optional features like damage and tire wear that are independent of each other.
- add day night transition and weather effects.
The smartest move would be to allow more peripherals to be compatible.

Let's see if they do it.

Turn 10 Studios should really have to get rid of the 2-year development cycle for their Forza Motorsport games. The same principle should also be made to Playground Games with their Horizon spin-off. I know I both love their games but if they are to continue with the kind of trend of releasing Forza games every 2 years without any substantial changes then it would be like a rushed quality-made game after all. To make things worse, they would even make the players shell out more money thorugh their car DLC packs every month.

Turn 10 Studios should really have to get rid of the 2-year development cycle for their Forza Motorsport games. The same principle should also be made to Playground Games with their Horizon spin-off. I know I both love their games but if they are to continue with the kind of trend of releasing Forza games every 2 years without any substantial changes then it would be like a rushed quality-made game after all. To make things worse, they would even make the players shell out more money thorugh their car DLC packs every month.
I read that for forza5 they invested a lot of time in rebuilding tracks and cars, and laser-scanning some of them. They put aside many assets from the previous games, instead of continuously recycling them. I'd say that for forza6 they will have more time and other priorities on different things than just tracks and cars, since will be easier to port the ones from fm5 to fm6, besides possible new content that wasn't in fm5.

I read that for forza5 they invested a lot of time in rebuilding tracks and cars, and laser-scanning some of them. They put aside many assets from the previous games, instead of continuously recycling them. I'd say that for forza6 they will have more time and other priorities on different things than just tracks and cars, since will be easier to port the ones from fm5 to fm6, besides possible new content that wasn't in fm5.

I hope my assumptions would be wrong with that. Your point is well-taken for me. But still, I'm gonna wait for E3 this year to see what's in store for FM6.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%