FM3 Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza-3-logo.jpg
Anyone have any info on this game? I have looked around but not really found anything about it. Besides Wikipedia.

• Matt Wilsher

Still looks a bit floaty, with no bumps on the track. That's what really feels good to me on RacePro - you feel connected to the track.

But I'm still massively interested in this. Hopefully they'll get the right line between simulation and accessibility.

• holmglen03

Will definitely be buying this, loved Forza 2, although the graphics were a real letdown for me. And before anyone says gameplay's what matters, I want to see lovely shiny cars, not PS2 standard (about) ones!

You know, after watching the trailer a few times, I don't quite like it. Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some Forza, but the trailer was way too focused on the aesthetics of the game rather than the nuts and bolts of the matter, the racing!!! Instead, we get the cars spinning and these crazy maneuvers, which are all very cool, but fail to get across the main aspect of the game, and that the game is a racing game. Not a driving game, a racing game.

Grand Turismo trailer
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHD55VP2zJg[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uQ2ayvvWY"][/ame]

The Grand Turismo trailer above really hit home for me. When you see the Le Mans cars come on at around 1:46, I was taken back. That screamed racing to me. And throughout the trailer you see actual racing.

Finally, before you call me some Grand Turismo nut, know this: I've never played one of the Turismo games before. And I'm more of a Forza fanboy. But going off these trailers, and the very fact that Turismo allows 16 (!) online players as opposed to Forza's 8 (pathetic) I'm really swayed to go get Grand Tursimo. I don't know if anything is set in stone yet, but Forza would very much help themselves by bumping the online play to at least 12.

8 online players for Forza equals the single most disappointing fact about the game. Especially when I saw something (which was obviously fraudulent information) that hinted towards 24 players allowed in online play.

Shame.

Dude, the detail on the indicator stalks!

It's a HUGE undertaking having a cockpit view on this game with all the upgrades affecting the appearance of them. (roll-cages/weight shedding etc).

If it has 16 player online racing I'm getting a 360.....

Dan Greenawalt was commenting on the leaderboards situation too and he's applied the solution to the drafting/pushing problem that I suggested for the last game before it came out :p.

Any laps that have been drafted or you have come into contact with another car on WILL go on the leaderboard because he doesn't want rid of them altogether but 'genuine' laps will be 'certified' and will always put above your 'non-certified' lap on the board.

It better be good as, for me, FM2 was a huge disappointment compared to Forza 1, the game that got me into onine racing.

Not a huge fan of the rewind function, I won't ever use it, but it's there for those that do want it I suppose, I don't have to use it.

I am so getting this game!!!! lets just hope it doesnt get delayed like forza2 did a couple of times! and finally we can tune and pimp our dream cars and other cars we can see down the street!! and not just make them up in our head... but there is a but... Forza3 or rfactor2???

• Kyle Evers

I loved Forza 2 and played it for hours. If Forza 3 is the same thing but better, I'll be hooked on it for a while. The cockpit view is also a big draw-in for me, as Forza 2 did not have this. But if they decide to get rid of Le Mans series cars in Forza 3, that would NOT be good...

I played FM2 and it was actually quite disappointing - I had considered getting an x360 just for it and the testing saved me from doing that. I hope FM3 is bit different in feel, as then I might get an x360 for it :p I liked the polished presentation (menus etc.) though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back