Forza Horizon 5 | News

screenshot_941_waifu2g7jjj.jpg

Plattforms:

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming

Release: 9.11.2021 (5.11.2021 Premium Edition)

Official Announcement Forza Horizon 5 - Welcome to Mexico

FAQ: Forza Horizon 5 - Announce FAQ

Last edited:
FH4 was the first Horizon game I've played and I played the everloving **** out of it. But I think I'm slightly burned out, I haven't gone in in over 3 weeks. Part of it is the unacceptable load time to get in. When I am limited for gaming time, I can't wait 4 minutes until I can drive.

I've got over 800 cars, all but 10-15 cars in FH4. The collecting was a big deal. The Forza series recycles so much content though that I don't know if I'll be motivated to collect 98% of the same cars again. And some are absolute garbage. Who wants to ever drive a Austin Minor or something like that? Or stupid lorries?

And finally, please please please don't make me do these stupid online events to collect rare cars. That's what turns me off the most. Don't remind me how doomed humanity is by throwing me into public lobbies. I don't want to play capture the flag, or battle royale in a Lambo.

All that being said, I have loved FH4, one of most beautiful, awe-inspiring and fun driving games I've ever played, hands down. Dollar for dollar the best gaming value I've come across. Can't recommend it more.

FH4 was the first Horizon game I've played and I played the everloving **** out of it. But I think I'm slightly burned out, I haven't gone in in over 3 weeks. Part of it is the unacceptable load time to get in. When I am limited for gaming time, I can't wait 4 minutes until I can drive.

I've got over 800 cars, all but 10-15 cars in FH4. The collecting was a big deal. The Forza series recycles so much content though that I don't know if I'll be motivated to collect 98% of the same cars again. And some are absolute garbage. Who wants to ever drive a Austin Minor or something like that? Or stupid lorries?

And finally, please please please don't make me do these stupid online events to collect rare cars. That's what turns me off the most. Don't remind me how doomed humanity is by throwing me into public lobbies. I don't want to play capture the flag, or battle royale in a Lambo.

All that being said, I have loved FH4, one of most beautiful, awe-inspiring and fun driving games I've ever played, hands down. Dollar for dollar the best gaming value I've come across. Can't recommend it more.

FH3 was my first Horizon game, I also bought FH4.

It felt like it was basically the same game, doing the exact same things, with the exact same cars, the exact same way. Just in Scotland, not Australia.

Easy to see this in liveries available as well. There is a lot of liveries from the pre-PC era.

I played FH4 for the first time in over a month, maybe 2, last night. It was fun, but the challenges drawing me back to the game are dwindling. I still have the Fortune Island DLC that I haven't opened. I completed my Lego House and have a barn find, which I'm looking forward to.

But man, the 5 minute startup time on PC is just unacceptable. I started playing NR2003 again (with mods) and everything loads instantaneously, I got spoiled on that.

"Earlier this week, we told you that Forza Horizon 5 has gone gold. With the game now being pressed onto retail discs and prepared for digital release, the team has initiated preload on Xbox and Windows. That means starting today, you can download the game in its entirety and ensure you’re fully prepared to experience Mexico from launch day without delay.

Before downloading Forza Horizon 5, ensure you meet the storage capacity requirement for your platform of choice:

Xbox Series X|S: 103 GB
Xbox One: 116 GB
Windows: 103 GB
Steam*: 103 GB

*Stay tuned to our social channels for an update on Steam preload timing.

With the high-speed internal SSD storage found on Xbox Series X|S consoles, we’ve reduced the install footprint of Forza Horizon 5 on those systems by optimizing our assets for higher bandwidth streaming.
That means a shorter download combined with super-fast loading times so you can seamlessly jump into the action as soon as you say “Let’s ¡Go!”

Last edited:
I finally removed GTA V, so I have the HDD space for it. Like a schmuck, I'll probably download it as soon as I can, even though I just started the Fortune Island DLC. If the game starts up in less than 5 minutes, I'll delete FH4 right away. I still can't deal with the load time on PC. I hope the NPC voices aren't as annoying as FH4 too...

I know it'll be a good time, but it won't have the same allure that 4 had (being my first FH).

You should try this:

View attachment 513225

And do not manually install the car pass or any DLC in the Windows Store. Everything you bought will be available ingame even if the Windows Store shows some Horizon 4 items to install...

Oooo, thank you. Will do.

However, I have all the parts to build a new Ryzen 7 5700G -based rig ordered. With all the latest bits I'm sure loading should be improved too. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 311 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%