I like Legos for the nostalgia, BUT, I wish that they would have gone with the technics kits like the Chiron that can drive and other larger scale Lego kits.

Us adults can enjoy Legos too but this is pointed too much at the very young audience for me to personally be interested.

• Deleted member 151827

Oh snap! I'm gonna take a week off work to play this expansion the whole time. NOT!

While I have not had the pleasure of purchasing Forza, and possibly will not, I do appreciate good modelling and marketing skills from Playground Games and the Microsoft team with the target market probably being the younger generation...with a few grown ups thrown in...myself included...LOL:D

Hi mate just saw tis post. I have made a video for the FH4 with the Logitech G25/27 settings for the pc and Xbox as well, if it helps u here it is:
Note: Mute the voice if it bothers u (it's in Greek) :)

Probably gonna be arcade.... LEGO Speed Champions DLC for Forza Horizon 4 has been revealed at the E3 Games Conference in LA.

Ok, it is certainly going to be arcade - no probably about it. Despite LEGO being designed primarily as a child toy, I think it safe to say that a large majority of us 'grown-ups' still enjoy the odd tinker with the plastic bricks from time to time, even if we just pretend it's because we are playing with our kids..

Maximising the current resurgence of the brand in recent years, Playground Games and Microsoft have confirmed at the E3 Games Conference that Forza Horizon 4 will be featuring LEGO as their second major DLC expansion for the Forza Motorsport spinoff title.

View attachment 309988 View attachment 309989

LEGO Speed Champions DLC Key Features:
  • Explore a LEGO Themed World – In an all-new valley filed with LEGO brick structures, find out how fast you can go around the Falcon Speedway and how far you can jump in the fun-filled Super Mega Awesome Adventure Stunt Park. Experience how seasons change a LEGO city, airport, UFO crash site, pirate cove and more.
  • Discover LEGO Brick Challenges – Embark on a new LEGO Brick Challenge Campaign that rewards free exploration and build a Master Builder’s House as your collection grows. You will also encounter other new gameplay challenges such as LEGO Speed Ramps and Destruction challenges.
  • Become a LEGO Speed Champion – Collect and race new LEGO Speed Champions cars, such as the McLaren Senna, Ferrari F40 Competizione and the 1967 Mini Cooper S Rally, against real world cars that utilize the Forza racing franchise’s renowned physics and handling. You can also work to become a LEGO Speed Champion hero in a grand finale race on an epic LEGO Goliath route.
View attachment 309990 View attachment 309991 View attachment 309992 View attachment 309993

LEGO Speed Champions will release for Forza Horizon 4 on June 13th.

For more Forza fun, head over to the Forza Horizon Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

this looks retarded

Well, I'm looking forward to 6pm BST when it unlocks and I can drive Lego around the map.
Still no Cat cars though,:( I want a car with cute ears and a tail:roflmao::roflmao:

Update at 18:00 BST,
6.8GB update on PC, wtf?
5.5GB on the 10th, no updates prior to 18:00 now a big one?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Just started playing this with kids.
Or my, it's awesome, best looking Lego game in existence.
Well done T10 and Playground Games. :thumbsup:

Brilliant expansion. Put on the intro and listen to the joyful sounds the kids make...it really is every kids lego car dream, exciting, great lego humour and the usual superb Forza Horizon varied gameplay...what I'd have given to have this as a kid! The map is a good size and the sheer amount of events and things to do is impressive. If you like your open world games to be about cars rather than cowboys & horses or run and gun this is the game.

When the kids have gone to bed it's fun to race for the grown-ups too. The little Mini Cooper S really bounces off the kerbs at the Lego Valley Raceway and the checkpoint markers have been well placed so that if you try going flat out through corners it's easy to slide wide and miss the next checkpoint. They've also placed the checkpoints inside some of the walled sections to stop the wall riders. The tuning and setups work well to change the car behaviours too. Superbly accessible for everyone and yet with great depth too for those who want it.

Unsurprisingly they've truly captured the spirit of Lego and brought it to life - just as they did with Hotwheels last time. Racing Lego cars against the 'real' cars in the game is just genius.

• Deleted member 197115

It is no doubt the best looking and most optimized racing game out there.
If only they licensed the engine so we wouldn't have to put up with UE4 nonsense.

@MarkR - Elaborate on that "genius" part of racing Lego cars against real ones. For me it's the most dumb thing they could come up with, but I like to hear the other side. What's so interesting about that? To make things clear, I'm not against the expansion, played it last night for quite some time. I honestly think it's so colorful, so sweet, and so darn stupid that it's actually really fun to play. In my opinion though it should be limited to Lego valley and be kept away from mainland/fortune island, arcade or not those Lego cars don't fit with the real ones.

@MarkR - Elaborate on that "genius" part of racing Lego cars against real ones. For me it's the most dumb thing they could come up with, but I like to hear the other side. What's so interesting about that? To make things clear, I'm not against the expansion, played it last night for quite some time. I honestly think it's so colorful, so sweet, and so darn stupid that it's actually really fun to play. In my opinion though it should be limited to Lego valley and be kept away from mainland/fortune island, arcade or not those Lego cars don't fit with the real ones.

Sure. Look at this game through the lens of a child, the Lego F40 vs the FH4 'real' car it's truly something to behold. I can only tell you my kids and their friends are loving it, they have played the game and built the Speed Champions Lego sets. The little Cooper S is quick in the corners but outmatched on the straights, it is teaching real-world car differences in a way kids can relate to - just my opinion of course. Recently the British Touring Car Championship included some classic Mini races in the support programme. The Mini's stole the show and I think that is true here too.

Take the Lego Mini and it's fun to slide around and a little tricky to handle given the short wheelbase but it's much quicker if driven smoothly. This is a message we repeat in karting lessons but it's difficult to get the idea to stick when sliding is fun for kids. The little Lego Mini makes point loud and clear.

I can see your point about the Lego cars not fitting on the main islands if you want a more realistic experience - but FH4 has always been an exaggeration of cars abilities with offroad supercars, jumps and all that.

im 27 i dont wunna pay or play for babby crap glad i didnt but fh4
So don't. You don't have to buy the game or buy the DLC... But can you not see how to a child who loves lego this is AWESOME! I don't have the game as I'm a sim racer but this is very much tempting me to buy the game so I can play this with my lego obsessed son. The sim racing community can be so po-faced!

Too the people who preorder there DLC with the expansion pass or whatever BS, tough **** too you! It's what you get for buying things without knowing what they will be

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back