I was tempted to switch to Windows 10 for titles like Forza Horizon and Forza Motorport, I admit... I was fooled by that gorgeous graphic shots.
But man... once seeing these gameplay videos, it's like a Call of Duty on wheels.
Not to mention that game doesn't actually look like on those screens.
May the Forza be with you but not with me, I'll skip. On both, Forza's and W10. :)
You sound like my grandad he was scared to switch to color TV in the 70,s :roflmao:

Dont waste your money!
several people have unsuccessfully make FM7 working on win 10 pc
I contacted Microsoft and nothing work.
Plenty of people in forum got the same problem as me.
DONT BE A MICROSOFT FOOL!!!
I got you brother, like I said... I wasn't attended but hey... look at all those shiny disagreements I've got. What should I do now ?? :rolleyes: Apology ? Ok, shrug, FH4 is more simulation than Assetto ever was. Guess it's ok now. =/
You sound like my grandad he was scared to switch to color TV in the 70,s :roflmao:
Where does he live ?
We have probably gone to the same school. :D

Last edited:
I got you brother, like I said... I wasn't attended but hey... look at all those shiny disagreements I've got. Why should I do now ?? :rolleyes:

Where does he live ?
We have probably gone to the same school. :D
I used windows 7 forever and was very reluctant to switch to 10, but trust me be the best move you made in a long time, its great,
except the forced updates now and again but thats life, but its way more advanced than 7 I wouldnt switch back now if you paid me :D

I know this actually ain't W7 vs W10 topic but...
Reason isn't that I'm against the progress or such just that I hear that some older games won't work under 10. And I got a load of them.
But that's a story old as a first PC I guess... latest operating system is often not compatible with lots of older programs.

I tried with my wheel setup but have given up as it was ruining the experience, just not designed for wheel setups the button interaction, feedback and fun just are not there at the moment. Loving it on my Xbox one pad though, great fun.

Gives me a PGR2 vibe which is one of my favourite ever driving games so that will do for me.

Driving around Edinburgh i get a Midtown Madness vibe.

I was tempted to switch to Windows 10 for titles like Forza Horizon and Forza Motorport, I admit... I was fooled by that gorgeous graphic shots.
But man... once seeing these gameplay videos, it's like a Call of Duty on wheels.
Not to mention that game doesn't actually look like on those screens.
May the Forza be with you but not with me, I'll skip. On both, Forza's and W10. :)

You are still missing out on all - Windows 10, FM7 and if you like some lighter stuff FH4.
Visuals and performance are pretty impressive, but of course it depends on your little box.

Reason isn't that I'm against the progress or such just that I hear that some older games won't work under 10. And I got a load of them.
But that's a story old as a first PC I guess... latest operating system is often not compatible with lots of older programs.
Well, I've got rf1 working on W10, I think I ever had success running Rally Trophy lol. RBR with various plugins works flawlessly. But yeah it can get troublesome sometimes - but all the great and really long living titles already have some community updates/dlls/other files released to run on W10 (Not sure about GPL though, not aware). But I've got a Professional version which you can tear apart and stop all the mess that comes with W10. For the love of god, don't use home edition.

i just cant get into racing "games" anymore. i dont think its so much the fact that they arent as realistic as sims, i just miss the old formula for racing games where you start with basically nothing and you have to bust your butt and EARN money to buy parts and tune to win races and EARN more money to buy the fast cars. games these days just give you everything way too easily. dont get me wrong, something like assetto SHOULD give you access to everything right away because its a driving sim, not a game. the best times i had in racing games was sega gt 2002, fm2, nfsu, hell even street rod from 1989! the first time i experienced this phenomena was going from pgr2 to pgr3. in 2 you started with the slow cars like a mini cooper and you had to beat the races for each class of car before getting to play the next. in 3 the whole marketing bit was "every car in the game does 170mph or more" so what ended up happening was i got bored of the fast cars because there were no slow cars to make them stand out. the game just wasnt as exciting even though it was better than 2 in every way. kinda like how you cant enjoy sunny days without some cloudy ones.

It took a long time for me to finally make the switch. Now that I've done so and have customized everything to my liking I'm actually liking windows 10 a bit more than 7, although I did adore 7. I actually saw a slight increase in fps with most of my games and sims.

One thing you can do (which I have just in case) is run a virtual machine through virtual box of Windows 7. Especially if you still have a windows 7 disc and the product key for it. If you don't know what a virtual machine is you might want to look into it but long story short; you can run a (or multiple) operating systems within your main operating system. This enables you to play any older games that might have issues. Just food for thought. It only runs when you want it or need it to.

It plays great and looks the part too. It feels like PGR2 to me which was a classic.

Designed for pad though, although it works pretty well on my wheel and pedal set up and off road actually feels like a really good rally game, it is just too compromised either with the buttons you need to actually do things in game or being able to drift etc with the current way ffb is implemented.

Anyway it does exactly what I wanted and is a welcome break from the sterile world of sims and is brilliant fun.

JWPMP4I.jpg

Does anybody who experiance bugs in demo like wanishing roads, stoping cars or crashes now owns this and can confirm that it is fixed ?

It looks very nice, but looking at the jump the rally ford fiesta does and continue driving like nothing happened... no thanks!, next thing is flying cars with laser guns on it!, ridiculously arcade!

It looks very nice, but looking at the jump the rally ford fiesta does and continue driving like nothing happened... no thanks!, next thing is flying cars with laser guns on it!, ridiculously arcade!

:whistling: I don't think the arcade element is really a discussion.

You race hovercrafts and trains across the British landscape. If hooning around and having a bit of fun aint your thing then this game is not for you.

But if you take your VR sim goggles away and see this for what it is then it is the best at what it does.

The physics don't really seem different, it's the FFB that is the game changer.
Titles up to Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 still had FFB not based on the self-aligning moment, Forza 7 and Horizon 4 now do have proper basic ideas about FFB, meaning you can actually counter-steer like a normal person (of course it doesn't feel "wow" or anything, but at least it works and is more car-like than "let's shake and rumble your little toy gadget a little, so you can't complain we're not supporting it").

A friend told me the Turn 10 stream yesterday announced that they're fundamentally reworking the FFB (and the car damage model, which might be some interesting new tech coming). MAYBE it's only that all cars get automatic degree-of-rotation matching with the real car, but it could also be some finally somewhat serious sim-worthy FFB feeling. I'd only expect the new FFB in Forza 8 though, maybe some minor things being patched into FH4.

Release on Steam or GOG and I might consider it. Hell, anything that isn't the Windows store, because that **** is absolutely ****ing awful and nobody in their right mind would want to download a big game on it.

I acquired FH4 a couple of days ago via GamePass so effectively free.... works well one my One X but still crashes on my PC so it's Xbox only for me at moment.
One thing to remember about the Horizon series is that they are not Racing/Motorsport games they are teenager simulators with cars! Still very funny at times but think about all the dumb stuff you wanted to do as a teen, its in Horizon; jump a hypercar, drive on the pavements (without being arrested), race a train, doughnuts in supermarket carpark, etc.

If you like doing crazy/dumb stuff in cars and have an xbox then get it.
If you prefer real simulation racing then skip Horizon.

Meanwhile everybody knows that FH is not a replacement for AC and other sims.
You know what you get long before release.
I know what you want. Probably the same like me.... Kinda TDU but with up-to-date graphics and physics without that "horizon" (now mixed with fortnite) stuff.....
But its like it its. Try do pick the best of it and ignore the other stuff as far as you can.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.2%