Good old Microsoft games, never fail to have issues on Windows.

Demo ran fine and picked up all my inputs from wheel and pedals so I order it.

Download full game on Sunday, it would not run so assumed it was locked until release, try to run today and still won't. Turns out it was afterburner stopping it running, even though the demo was fine with it on.

Second issue is the full game won't save your custom input configuration so I had to download the demo again run it, set up my controller config, quit demo and copy config to the main game and now its sorted.

How can the demo work better than the full release?

Loving it, best Horizon yet.
a2da4e24-f85c-411a-9ad6-962168b983ce.jpg

Yeah, if the wheel setup/handling was the same as FM7 it would have been a great mix. Beats me why they came up with the illogical setup they have right now, cumbersome, illogical and basically flawed.

Yesterday I made a support ticket about the issue, I hope turn 10 will seriously look into it. Because aside from my pedals everything else is working and I think/hope its easy to solvable especially since there are more pedals using load cells.

Lets wait for their reply on my ticket :)

Hi.

My steering wheel was working perfectly in the game when I used the standard layout. That was when I decided to create a custom layout for the buttons and from that the steering wheel was totally without Force feedback. Did it happen to someone else too? If not, how did it set?

To help I can no longer restore the layout to the default.

I tried with my wheel setup but have given up as it was ruining the experience, just not designed for wheel setups the button interaction, feedback and fun just are not there at the moment. Loving it on my Xbox one pad though, great fun.

Gives me a PGR2 vibe which is one of my favourite ever driving games so that will do for me.

Yesterday an update was released and they mentionend improvement on FFB but there are no details about it.
I love to use a wheel but in this case i guess it better to play the game like it was concepted... with a pad. Imo its totally ok and i dont really miss it here.
But it will be fine to have proper working FFB and wheel support.

I tried with my wheel setup but have given up as it was ruining the experience, just not designed for wheel setups the button interaction, feedback and fun just are not there at the moment. Loving it on my Xbox one pad though, great fun.

Gives me a PGR2 vibe which is one of my favourite ever driving games so that will do for me.

Maybe you already know, but I did not...so I’ll write it anyway.
First start with creating a custom wheel, so you can reassign your buttons - which brings you half way.
Now the pain is with the feel of the wheel.
As it is now, it will not feel 100% right any way you try, but it can get pretty close to simcade level.

EDIT (updated, after steering felt wonkey again)

Oldie DFGT - but I just cannot decide upon the best replacement.
Focus on steering, first set up your wheel profiler (mine set up all 100, rotation 900).
Difficulty at sim setting

Just try this for a starter:
Steering axis deadzone inside - 30
Steering axis deadzone outside - 100
Steering linearity - 45
Acceleration inside - 10
Accelation outside - 100
Deceleration inside - 10
Deceleration outside - 100
E-break inside - 35
E-break outside - 55
Vibration scale -100
Force feedback scale - 100
Center spring scale - 175
Wheel damper scale - 175
Force feedback understeer - 50 (very influential setting)
Force feedback minimum force - 50 (very influential setting)
Steering sensitivity - 15

This feels good to me just driving along, or pushing with a rally car on dirt tracks.

Maybe it will help someone.

Last edited:
Maybe you already know, but I did not...so I’ll write it anyway.
First start with creating a custom wheel, so you can reassign your buttons - which brings you half way.
Now the pain is with the feel of the wheel.
As it is now, it will not feel 100% right any way you try, but it can get pretty close to simcade level.

EDIT (updated, after steering felt wonkey again)

Oldie DFGT - but I just cannot decide upon the best replacement.
Focus on steering, first set up your wheel profiler (mine set up all 100, rotation 900).
Difficulty at sim setting

Just try this for a starter:
Steering axis deadzone inside - 30
Steering axis deadzone outside - 100
Steering linearity - 45
Acceleration inside - 10
Accelation outside - 100
Deceleration inside - 10
Deceleration outside - 100
E-break inside - 35
E-break outside - 55
Vibration scale -100
Force feedback scale - 100
Center spring scale - 175
Wheel damper scale - 175
Force feedback understeer - 50 (very influential setting)
Force feedback minimum force - 50 (very influential setting)
Steering sensitivity - 15

This feels good to me just driving along, or pushing with a rally car on dirt tracks.

Maybe it will help someone.
There are lots of settings going around and I had my own with the best I could get it. It actually felt good on the rally stages almost rally game good, but for everything else it is badly compromised.

Great for a cruise or a rally but have you tried drifting on your wheel, compared to a pad it's pretty impossible in this game. The ffb just does not communicate enough information.

There are lots of settings going around and I had my own with the best I could get it. It actually felt good on the rally stages almost rally game good, but for everything else it is badly compromised.

Great for a cruise or a rally but have you tried drifting on your wheel, compared to a pad it's pretty impossible in this game. The ffb just does not communicate enough information.

Yeah, there is no perfect set up.
Drifting is a bitch.

FM7 1989 #98 BMW 325i.jpg Forza Horizon 4 Released 2.jpg Forza Horizon 4 Released 3.jpg Forza Horizon 4 Released 5.jpg Forza Horizon 4 Released 6.jpg Forza Horizon 4 Released 7.jpg
Playground Games released the much hyped new Forza Horizon title to W10 PC and Xbox One yesterday... delivering the most impressive game of the series to date.

Releasing worldwide yesterday following a few days of early access enjoyment for owners of the Ultimate Edition of the title, Forza Horizon 4 is the latest, and possibly greatest edition of the very popular racing franchise originally for Microsoft Xbox and latterly Windows 10 PC's.

Forza Horizon 4 Released 4.jpg

Based in the United Kingdom for the first time, and featuring an impressive garage of over 450 cars from 100 manufacturers upon release, Horizon 4 looks to be a step forward in almost every aspect from older entries into the game series.

Forza Horizon 4 Released 8.jpg

Dynamic seasons and weather conditions in this major scale open world map comes at a cost however, players looking to install the base content for Horizon 4 will need plenty of free hard drive capacity, the title takes up an impressive 64GB of space! Feels like a long time ago since we had games on floppy disk and cassette tape doesn't it.... ?!?!?!

Retailing for £44.99, Forza Horizon 4 is available to purchase now.

Forza Horizon 4 is available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

Forza Horizon 4 Released.jpg
Forza Horizon 4 Released 9.jpg

Check out the Forza Horizon 4 sub forum to stay abreast of the latest news and discussions around this upcoming new arcade racing title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of Forza Horizon 4? Are you happy with the new game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to picking this game up on days off and playing with my son.

I tried the demo and it was a great change to kick back and play a driving game that wasn't a sim.

Worked great with a pad, excellent scenery, graphics, music, assortment of cars and customization. I completly forgot how much fun I had in Forza 3/4 building and tuning cars for certain races which I could spend hrs doing.

I've watched several reviews and read on other forms and have yet to read many negative reviews.....tho there is a bug that borks the ffb on certain wheel setups that T10 has acknowledged and apparently working on.

Ill be buying the ultimate pack which comes with 2 expansion packs when released and a few car packs. Curious of what they have planned :)

Last edited:
Nice to know that my CSL Elite, CSL pedals and FFB works fine (on PC). And even with a separate TH8A shifter which serves as analog handbrake.

I am new to Forza Horizon series and this one fits great next to the more 'realistic steering behavior sims' like AC(C), Rf2, R3E. This title is another flavour and in my opinion not comparable with the real sims but at the end it is so much fun and addictive. All of them have pros and cons, you know, the good old recognizable discussion. But hey we're having fun and that's what counts.

This FH4 has a lot of content in a gorgeous jaw dropping graphic environment in lovely and one of my favorite holiday locations both England as well as Scotland. Winning prizes with the wheelspins are funny and different approach.

haha @Paul Jeffrey : cassette tape and rewinding by using a pencil. Those were the days

I was tempted to switch to Windows 10 for titles like Forza Horizon and Forza Motorport, I admit... I was fooled by that gorgeous graphic shots.
But man... once seeing these gameplay videos, it's like a Call of Duty on wheels.
Not to mention that game doesn't actually look like on those screens.
May the Forza be with you but not with me, I'll skip. On both, Forza's and W10. :)

Forza games always seemed like a dream come true to me when I was growing up. This one seems even more like that due to its UK setting and good car variety. But I'm not willing to move on to such a messy and troublesome operative system just for one game. My laptop is already enough of a trainwreck to operate everytime I turn it on. Updates for this, updates for that, and they always break something. No thanks.

I was tempted to switch to Windows 10 for titles like Forza Horizon and Forza Motorport, I admit... I was fooled by that gorgeous graphic shots.
But man... once seeing these gameplay videos, it's like a Call of Duty on wheels.
Not to mention that game doesn't actually look like on those screens.
May the Forza be with you but not with me, I'll skip. On both, Forza's and W10. :)

Dont waste your money!
several people have unsuccessfully make FM7 working on win 10 pc
I contacted Microsoft and nothing work.
Plenty of people in forum got the same problem as me.

DONT BE A MICROSOFT FOOL!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years