FM4 Forza Horizon 4 gets a Steam release on March 9

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Another Xbox Game Studios title is soon releasing on Steam, with Microsoft and Playground Studios today announcing that Forza Horizon 4 will finally launch on the Valve-owned PC store on March 9. This will be the first time that a game from the Forza franchise will appear on Steam, and its store page is already up and available ready for wishlisting.

The universally acclaimed and massively popular racer set in Britain originally released on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC platforms in 2018, and has received continuous updates from Playground games, with it gaining expansions, new cars, and even a battle royale mode.

The Fortune Island and LEGO Speed Champions expansions as well as every car pack that has so far launched will be available for purchase via Steam alongside the base game. Moreover, much like other Xbox Game Studios releases, Steam users will be jumping into a world with racers from Xbox consoles, the Microsoft Store PC version, and Xbox cloud gaming users thanks to cross-play across all platforms.

Players who've already enjoyed the game on another Xbox platform won't be able to carry over their progress if they are switching to Steam due to technical limitations according to Playground Studios senior producer Tom Butcher. However leaderboard standings and club status will be transferable. Playground Games also confirmed that a Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack will soon be coming to Forza Horizon 4, but it didn't reveal a release date.

I am amazed. I mean, I am sure there are people on Windows who avoids windows store, xbox game pass etc. like the plague for different reasons (I refuse to use Epic, so I can understand an unwillingness to use a less than awesome store).

But looking at the price for the game, I paid approx 5 EUR more the the ultimate edition at launch, than the standard game goes for on Steam. I am amazed that a game this old (relatively speaking) manage to rack up these numbers at Steam:

1625846189741.png

That's a metric shittonne of money earned for an old game!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back