Forza Horizon 4 1964 Aston Martin DB5.jpg Forza Horizon 4 1969 Aston Martin DBS.jpg Forza Horizon 4 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback.jpg Forza Horizon 4 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 .jpg Forza Horizon 4 1981 Citroën 2CV6.jpg Forza Horizon 4 1986 Aston Martin V8.jpg
A new demo for Forza Horizon 4 has been released ahead of the full game launch this coming October.

The new demo for the game, a rarity in modern gaming circles, is available now for both the Windows 10 PC and Xbox One console versions of the title. The demo will contain content from each of the four weather seasons due to appear in Horizon 4 (winter, spring, summer and autumn) as well as a "healthy heaping of open-world gameplay" around the English themed open world map.

Several cars from the 450 + roster of vehicles are expected to be made available in the demo, playable in both the main game mode and the Forzavista feature of the arcade racing spinoff to the popular Forza Motorsport franchise.

The demo is available now from either the Xbox or Microsoft store.

In other Horizon 4 news, Playground Games have revealed the day one DLC pack coming to the title on launch this October 2nd. Set to feature iconic cars from the James Bond movie franchise, the day one car pack, entitled 'Best of Bond' is set to feature no less than 10 cars from the long running series of James Bond films, including but not limited to Goldfinger (1964) and The Man With the Golden Gun (1974), Skyfall (2012), Spectre (2015), and more.

The full car listing can be seen below:

Forza Horizon 4 2010 Jaguar C-X75.jpg
Forza Horizon 4 2015 Aston Martin DB10 .jpg

• 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
  • 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
  • 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
  • 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
  • 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
  • 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
  • 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
  • 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
  • 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)

Several of the cars in the pack will feature film-inspired gadgets that players will be able to view while in Forzavista mode. For example, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 will feature numerous gadgets such as revolving number plate and extendable bumper rams. In addition, the Lotus Esprit S1 will feature a special body kit option inspired by the “Wet Nellie” submarine vehicle from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).

In addition to the cars, players who own the James Bond Car Pack in Forza Horizon 4 will also receive some in-game Bond goodies, including two Bond outfits as well as six exclusive “Quick Chat” phrases for use in multiplayer.

Forza Horizon 4 1999 BMW Z8.jpg
Forza Horizon 4 2008 Aston Martin DBS .jpg

Forza Horizon 4 will be released on Xbox and Windows 10 PC October 2nd 2018.

Check out the Forza Horizon 4 sub forum to stay abreast of the latest news and discussions around this upcoming new arcade racing title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the Forza Horizon 4 demo yet? Looking forward to the new title? How does the game perform on PC in comparison to the often low FPS FH3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I know this isn't the next LMP2 car, classic 60's F1 racing, but this is a bloody brilliant idea! lol

So much of sim racing is about seriousness, it's good to have some fun as well.

The Esprit was a car I loved as a child when I saw it in the film.

What a great licence to have, not only do you have to get the licence via the film company I bet you have to battle with the marques as well to get permission (I assume anyway).

Made for Joystick. The graphics looks amazing tho.. I wonder why you can't play it with more than one device. I use t300rs, g27 pedals and fanatec shifter.. that means I can't race the mclaren senna in the grass :(

Made for Joystick. The graphics looks amazing tho.. I wonder why you can't play it with more than one device. I use t300rs, g27 pedals and fanatec shifter.. that means I can't race the mclaren senna in the grass :(

All the devices you mentioned should work fine in FH4. There is multi-device support since FM7.

• Deleted member 197115

Funnily enough if your VR/MR headset is even plugged in the demo crashes.....:whistling:
Wow, indeed disabling Odyssey in devices did the trick.
First time I could play with sound.
Spent close to two hours in it and after initial "whoa" realized that I am playing the same FH3.
Boring. :coffee:
Cancelled my preorder, OSW is not supported anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%