FM7 Forza 7 Officially Announced, Loads of Images and Trailer Released

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7.jpg

Coming to Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC this year, Microsoft have finally revealed the latest edition to the Forza Motorsport franchise of games....

Forza Motorsport 7 has been in the making for a while now and will be one of the very first titles available on the newly revealed Microsoft Xbox One X (known as Project Scorpio). To celebrate the new game it appears that Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios are looking to pull out all the stops in an effort to make Forza Motorsport 7 the biggest and best game of the series to date.

Forza Motorsport 7 Announcement Trailer
Built "from the ground up" for the brand new Xbox One X console, FM7 is expected to realise 60fps in true 4K, added to the HDR graphics and variety of "dynamic" weather conditions and times of day, the new game looks likely to be nothing short of visually stunning and already a vast improvement over previous iterations of the series.

On the content side of things FM7 will be nothing short of massive upon launch, we over 700 fully customisable 'ForzaVista' cars coming with the vanilla release of the game, backed by 30 racing environments that include some of the worlds most recognisable tracks, available in over 200 different variations, the new title will be packed with cars and tracks and expanded upon post release with a number of additional DLC packs throughout the first year of the game lifespan.

On the car front, FM7 will join in with the recent trend of securing a deal to licence several Porsche models, plus big hitters Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Ford and Aston Martin amongst "every premium brand" in modern automobile manufacture. As has become the expectation from a Forza release, both road and race fans will be catered for in the game with particular attention being paid to some premium historic content.

Of course no modern racing game can consider itself complete in 2017 without some kind of reference to eSports, and Forza Motorsport 7 is no exception in that regard with the continuation of its Forza Racing Championship eSports league, now including a deeper and more enhanced spectating mode and integration to popular social media channels.

Interesting it appears that the new title could well see the inclusion of dynamic weather for the first time, bringing a massive improvement to the static conditions found in both FM6 and the debut PC release Forza Motorsport Apex that came out in 2015. You can see the dynamic weather in effect in the below video uploaded by YouTuber The Verge:

Looks pretty good doesn't it?

In a bid by Microsoft to encourage more users towards the Windows 10 platform, Forza Motorsport 7 will be a first "full" Forza release on PC, adding the authentic Forza experience to PC players for the very first time after the initial toe in the water tech demo that was Forza Motorsport 6 Apex. It will be incredibility interesting to see how this Xbox classic fairs up against some incredibly tough competition in the form of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom and the like, however if anyone can achieve success it will be the incredible experience and budget of Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft.

Forza Motorsport 7 2.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 3.jpg

The game is now available for pre-order with the Deluxe and Ultimate special editions , complete with exclusive, digital-only bonus content, VIP membership, and access to the Day One Car Pack. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 29 and the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass that gives you access to upcoming car packs.

Forza Motorsport 7 will release on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC October 3rd 2017.

Forza Motorsport 7 5.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 4.jpg

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions as more details reveal on this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time while we await more news from E3 and beyond.

Forza Motorsport 7 6.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 7.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 8.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 9.jpg Forza Motorsport 7 10.jpg

Looking forward to FM7? PC player and looking to try Forza for the first time? Do you think FM7 can match its sim racing rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Forza 7 will build on from 6 in terms of gameplay but with any luck they've added decent wheel support and feedback now it is also moving to PC. I'll be preordering the ultimate edition as soon as it arrives on the digital store, these games offer plenty of value per £ and importantly all the features and multiplayer works from day 1, not a year or so later if ever. If the wheel feedback is something like DiRT4 or even closing on Assetto Corsa I'll be very happy.

I agree with most of your post, but not this bit. Forza 6 is currently £50 still, and that doesn't include any DLC. The car pass is £24, but you can buy a bundle that has the game and car pass. It's currently on sale for a week, but when it's not on sale, it retails at £82. And for that £82, you still don't get all the DLC (despite buying the pass!), there is still a lot more DLC that isn't included, some of it about £12 a time too. Forza 6 comes in well over £100 for a game. It's actually insane how much money this game costs, and how the pass isn't a pass at all.

I don't want to play the sims, or a puzzle game, or waste time watching soaps when I should be preparing to stay up 24 hours this weekend for.....now what was that race called? "Le"-something? Oh gosh sports are hard.
Well said from another female reader of Race Department.
Seriously, I want to support Race department by purchasing a premium account, I wouldn't take part in their league race or driving school, but to purchase a account just because of all the racing files I have downloaded from RD throughout the time I have known about RD, but with the sexist caveman like comments I read on these pages most recently, I'm really having second thoughts.

I have loads of female friends on steam that play racing sims and games, that also play the Arma series of games, the Euro truck sim games, Elite dangerous, and flight sims, and Hundreds of games, that you would think only men play, I could imagine the guys here that think we girls should be only playing the sims boring game I think and puzzles, don't have sisters, wife's, girl friends, and no female steam friends.
Facts is, I wouldn't know about these racing sims, if it wasn't for the guys, that helped me out setting up these racing sims, I'm glad they don't think like some of the guys here.

[Right now I see a little box nagging me to become a premium member]
Every time I log into RD, if I cant take part in this site without reading outrageous comments, like the ones you quoted, it really does make me think no I will not become a premium member, just to help Bram support this site, such a shame, because I'm always redirecting steam users that want help in their racing sims to this site, when I could redirect them to the many other simracing sites out there.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

All PC wheels are compatible.
That doesn't mean anything unless they really coded driver for MMos which I really doubt. This is a limitation of UWP platform, as it should run on both, PC and XBox, they can't use generic DirectX device as most native PC games do.

I agree with most of your post, but not this bit. Forza 6 is currently £50 still, and that doesn't include any DLC. The car pass is £24, but you can buy a bundle that has the game and car pass. It's currently on sale for a week, but when it's not on sale, it retails at £82. And for that £82, you still don't get all the DLC (despite buying the pass!), there is still a lot more DLC that isn't included, some of it about £12 a time too. Forza 6 comes in well over £100 for a game. It's actually insane how much money this game costs, and how the pass isn't a pass at all.

Yes all true, I just looked back and I paid £81.99 for the digital ultimate with a week of early play, £31.98 for the Porsche and NASCAR packs (they are full expansions with career mode, tracks and specific multiplayer modes) and £5.59 for one other car pack that I wanted so £120 all in. Do I feel I got £120 value from the game? Yes I do. Do I think it is a lot of money? Yes it most certainly is.

Sharp eyed readers will see I said PC2 and not PC1. So how many Forzas have outshone an unreleased game so far Andy??

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your post when there have been many slating PC2s physics from pictures and vids.
And if you think any Forza outshone PC1 in the physics and ffb department then that is laughable.

Where was the hypocrisy in my post? I was asking a genuine question. I have never judged nor labelled a game/sim on graphics alone. Nor have I proclaimed to suggest that PC2 will have bad physics because of it's graphics. I don't think others have either. Talk about paranoid. And as far as I am concerned, my sons Forza on his xbox 1 is far better than Pcars 1 on the same console. I agree, he agree's and so do his mates.
You really need to stop jumping on people whenever they step in your self proclaimed moral territory regarding all things Pcars.

I just want to know if they will do races properly for the first time ever. You know, like, when the leader crosses the finish line, all other drivers take the checkered? Can't tell you enough times Forza has pissed me off having to leave a lobby because people still have to complete another 2 laps, dodging "drivatars".

And as far as I am concerned, my sons Forza on his xbox 1 is far better than Pcars 1 on the same console. I agree, he agree's and so do his mates.
Yeah, most children find racing games better them sims. Was the same with me. 90% of gamers probably find Need for Speed better then Automobilista or Assetto Corsa..what does that tell us? Right, nothing.
There are different tastes, more casual ones, more refined ones. There is no objective good or bad with those games. Forza, Pcars, AC...all of those are very good games for what they stand for. An objectively bad racing game is a game that doesn't work as it is intended to. Not the case with those.

I used to quite like the Forza stuff, bought Horizon 3 because i had an injured back at that time and couldn't use my wheel/pedals. Didn't touch it once since i have been fine to use my wheel again, guess i am now too old for those games (unfortunately)

Where was the hypocrisy in my post? I was asking a genuine question. I have never judged nor labelled a game/sim on graphics alone. Nor have I proclaimed to suggest that PC2 will have bad physics because of it's graphics. I don't think others have either. Talk about paranoid. And as far as I am concerned, my sons Forza on his xbox 1 is far better than Pcars 1 on the same console. I agree, he agree's and so do his mates.
You really need to stop jumping on people whenever they step in your self proclaimed moral territory regarding all things Pcars.

I have read countless comments proclaiming PC2 as being simcade from just pictures etc etc. If you havn't seen them then I am truly amazed. It's not Paranoia at all Andy it's from reading comments. Why exactly is Forza on Xbone better than PC? Realism? No most kids prefer Forza because it's easier and has more cars and allows modifications to the cars. And even suggesting it's a better sim than PC on that basis shows your incredible bias.

I jump on hypocrisy all over the net on multiple subjects, hypocrisy winds me up no end.

an edit for clarity, I was certain I'd seen you post the sort of derisive remarks about PC2 from a screenshot, but if not then I apologise, but you must have read some of them and dare I say it clicked on like or agree seeing as you're not exactly an SMS or PC fan. But I admit that's conjecture on my part based on what I've seen you post in the past.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back