Available on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, both Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 have received the update treatment today across console and PC platforms, adding a wide range of fixes and improvements to the games as they look to continue what has been a very solid post release update and content deployment schedule.
From Forza Motorsport 7, the new update adds some new content! In the latest build comes something for the fan of drifting.. adding the 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5, 2018 Ford #25 Mustang RTR and 2018 Ford #88 Mustang RTR for free to all owners of the game.
You can check out the change log for each game below:
Forza Motorsport 7
- Fixed labeling of gearing graph in tuning menu for new top speed. Additionally, accepting changes now causes the graph to refresh.
- Removed opponent/Drivatar labels from appearing in photomode and replays.
- Fixed an issue where Race Ticker and Race Info panels were missing when spectating a timed endurance race.
- Adjusted Collision Assist and side-by-side collision friction and bounce off physics effect settings in multiplayer to improve general collision performance between cars. These adjustments include:
- Collision Assist effect now bleeds off over time, so players can’t sustain use of it over time to push other players around.
- Lowered peak friction and added a scale to the friction coefficient based on the interpenetration of the soft collisions between cars. As a result, light bumps have less friction and large magnitude collisions, where the cars “squish” into one another, have higher friction.
- Adjusted the amount of time cars can be “squished” together.
- Added a new car-specific wheel tuning menu that allows players to configure force feedback (FFB) scale and steering lock on a per-car basis.
- Added a new "Car-Specific Steering Wheel Tuning" menu that allows players to configure the force feedback scale and steering lock on a per-car basis. These settings get saved to the player's garage car. If the player turns the wheel past the desired steering lock range, we "soft lock" the wheel by ramping up a large FFB torque to push the wheel back into the valid range.
- Fixed an issue where a steering wheel paired with an Xbox Controller could cause device recognition swap when pressing the Xbox “nexus” button.
- Fixed an issue where switching from steering wheel to controller maintains wheel button mapping and limits controller functionality.
- Fixed an issue where post-race events results would stop updating if another player was in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where, if a race host launches a race before all cars have loaded into the pre-race, the loading process ends and caused unfinished loaded cars to spawn in the pre-race pit scene when the race starts.
- Adjusted cockpit camera and wheel-less cockpit camera for the 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Barrett-Jackson Edition.
- Fixed an issue where car geometry disappeared when viewing the car from certain angles when Camera View was set to Hood, Driver, or Cockpit.
- Fixed an issue where car collisions were still active in the pit lane area.
- Fixed an issue where, when the player was using certain long cars (such as the Cadillac XTS Limo or the Tankpool Race Truck). The first AI car exiting the pit lane always hit the player’s car. This issue happened on multiple ribbons but was more likely on Monza.
- Changing the Track Limits option in the Assists menu during a race will now be reflected once a player has resumed playing.
Forza Horizon 4
The Series 7 update adds a new feature called Festival Playlist, starting in summer. The Playlist gives you a clear view of everything that’s going on at Horizon each Season and keeps track of everything you’ve done. Complete it all to earn some of Horizon’s most desirable rewards. This is an all-new way to play!
This update adds 18 new Achievements to Forza Horizon 4, worth a total of 500 gamerscore, which support the features added since launch. This includes the new Horizon Stories (British Racing Green, Isha’s Taxis, and Skill Streak), Free-for-All Adventure and Route Blueprint; plus Achievements for participating in #FORZATHON and completing seasonal content.
We’ve added a twist to two of our most popular Showcase Events! For a limited time only during Series 7, you’ll be able to race against the Flying Scotsman in summer while driving a Ford Anglia in our NINE & THREE QUARTERS Showcase Remix, and veterans of UNSC Fleetcom’s Halo Experience can find a new challenge as the training exercise is re-run in winter, called the ASSAULT ON THE CONTROL ROOM Showcase Remix. You’ll need to complete the regular Showcases first to unlock the remixed versions.
- Added 4 Trial Events to Fortune Island, one per season
- Fixed an issue where “The Storm” by Notaker would never play on Bass Arena
- Fixed an issue where some players were getting incorrectly banned from ranked Online Adventure
- Fixed an issue whereby the player's car would sometimes rotate during pre-race loading sequences
- Conditions for awarding influence from Mixer have been changed to favor active gameplay streams
- Fixed an Achievement exploit whereby Route Blueprints could be used to obtain the "Better Get Krakken" and "Leviathan Slayer" Achievements in a way that wasn't intended
- Fixed a Credits exploit when switching race type during Route Blueprint creation
- Fixed an issue with the Character Customizer, where eye accessories would prevent hats from appearing
- Fixed an issue whereby the Showcase Rivals tile was unavailable in the Pause Menu while on Fortune Island
- Vinyls are now correctly applied to the front-left door of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
- Added missing cars to the "Upgrade Heroes" Car Theme when Blueprinting an Event
- Fixed an issue with subtitles not playing correctly in Chapter 10 of Isha's Taxis
- Car Pass owners are now able to use their Car Pass cars while offline
- Various crash and stability improvements
- Fixed Fanatec Porsche 911 GTE inverted left and right paddles
- Fixed Logitech G27 issue where the left and right paddles didn't work when browsing through tabs in the Pause Menu
Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 are both available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.
For more from the Forza motorsport franchise, check out the Forza Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment.
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!